Forums Off-topic

There is no such thing as fair in a fight to the death.

27 posts

Flag Post

How many people have friends who have gotten a game and played it for a while and finally got good at it. Then, whenever you come over to play them 1v1 they just beat the crap out of you, haha. Do you think you should go easy on your friend/relative just because they’ve never played it before? Also, do you think it’s good training for them to fight vs the “master” first thing?

Flag Post

Screw ‘em. I don’t go easy on anyone. If I’m playing a 1 vs. 1 fighting game, and something works, I’ll keep doing it. If the other person complains that it’s cheap, I explain that I’m going to keep doing it until they learn. Since when is predictability an unfair advantage?

This frustrates my girlfriend to no end, who happens to be a big Soul Caliber fan who has mastered the finer points of elaborate combos with a few of her favorite characters. My single-move, button-mashing ways to victory with Cervantes don’t seem quite as legitimate in her eyes.

Also, my friends and I play Guilty Gear X2 a lot, and whenever we have new players, we administer the “Potemkin Test.” As we explain to the person receiving the test, we play as Potemkin and promise to ONLY do “forward-hard slash.” It’s up to them to figure out how to win, and usually they don’t.

Muahahaha!

Flag Post

I will go easy on some people at times. I used to be really good at Halo 2 and would dominate LAN parties at my house. When they got utterly destroyed it wouldnt be fun for them in the least, and they wouldnt want to play. They would never learn as well because they’d get frustrated, so I’d give them training matches occasionally. On the real fights I tried to balance the teams to make it more fair, which meant I got the crappy guys, but it was still fun because I knew everyone was having fun. If I was selfish and just cared about ‘pwning nubs’ then sure, I’d enjoy always destroying them, but I’m not that way. If its always 50-11, why play? If its 50-38, people tend to feel a little bit better about yourself (particularly if you let them win a match on occasion).

For me, it often depends on the skill and attitude of those I’m playing.

- Though on occasion I did enjoy going full force and shutting them out :)

Flag Post

Whenever I do a deathmatch, I usually find myself filling the role of something of a teacher. We always do a few training rounds before the actual deathmatching/CTF begins, but whenever we’ve got new guys, I like to show them how to control a certain point, coordinate well with their team, and show them what some weapons should and shouldn’t be used for. Then the new guys and I form a team against the seasoned players, and I tend to sit back and watch my students fight the more experienced players, swooping in and decimating opposition whenever the situation looks dire, but I still make sure that they shoulder a good bit of weight; people tend to operate best under a bit of pressure in my experience.

Flag Post
For me, it often depends on the skill and attitude of those I’m playing.

I agree with coder 100%. I have a few groups of friends and we play many games competetively with me almost always being on top, especially with Halo. One of my group of friends would not invite me to game nights anymore because “what’s the use of you coming if none of us can win” i think that’s BS and i don’t ever get to playfully talk crap about how i just owned them. It’s no fun when you cant talk a little crap. But as for them.. i found out the only way i can continue playing with them is if i let them win occasionally or if i hold back unbeknownst to them. Whereas the other group love to have me over. They like the competetion and the chance to better themselves by playing someone better, and the enjoyment they show when they score up there with me is great. Also, they can detect if im not playing to my full potential and hound me about it.

So yes. it definately depends on the attitude and skill of the opposing players.

No one wants to lose friends over jealousy of something that rediculous :)

Flag Post

I envy yo guys soooooo bad.

Nobody I can play with lives anywhere near me, i dont have that DS connecty thingie and i dont even have an adapter to play others over the internet, nor do i have an Xbox. You DO know what I’m on anout, riight? (I’m English, How would I know?)

I really do Envy you! :’(

Flag Post

its totally good trainnig… and no… NO MERCY FOR THE N00BS!!!! >:0

Flag Post

Pwn them really bad.Don’t let them have a chance to win.

^Wrong.

Basically,they’ll train harder when they lose,so that they can own you next time.I rather use the “Fakey” method:Go easy on them,and when they think you’r’e a newb,just pwn him.

Flag Post

I go easy on my friends in real life and against strangers on the internet if things seem unfair. To me it’s more about having a good time than winning, and if the other guy is getting beat hard enough to make them want to quit, then no one will be having fun.

I do like to have a slight advantage and to be able to control that advantage, but if I’m much better than someone I’m not going to play my hardest to try and make sure I go 50 and 0 against them. That just seems lame.

Usually if I’m much better than someone or if my team has an advantage in a team game, I will try to make the game harder on myself by using weaker weapons, knifing people in CS, etc.

Flag Post

I will never go easy one anyone! Even a 2 year old kid…

Flag Post

I don’t go easy on anybody. There are some boundries I won’t cross (such as screen scoping, which my brother uses to great effect whenever I play him in CoD4. I generally win, but whenever he picks killhouse and screenscopes it’s impossible to win because, well, It’s a guessing game where he will come from when I see him and he avoids my line of sight. (and the obvious fact that splitscreen kills the glorious stereo sound projection that lets you know if they are coming from the left, right, behind, or forward.)

Also, Greg, I’m not currently involved in a relationship, but even I realize ticking off your girlfriend is probably a bad idea (though she could just rape you with Ivy if she really was that good. Since I’m not dating Alison, I don’t have anything to lose by saying that. :P)

Flag Post

When im playing gta 4 i just go all out. No mercy for anybody, man, women, or child. If you give them a little advantage, they will use it and destroy you. 45 kills….. 4 deaths baby……. yeaa

Flag Post

I beat my little brother at everything. We are currently playing Farcry Instincts Predator for the X-Box 360 (Don’t have live). And every time I find a sniper and snipe him until my ammo runs out with fantastic headshots,, he either moans for peeace or moans that its unfair. And ‘ve never lost, only drew once in Chaos with him, never lost to anybody though. And when I’m winning 12 – 0 I get up and leave and he says that I’m quitting and I say you’ll never win and he says therews still half an hour left in the game I could make a come bacl. Then I laugh and come on Kongregate

Flag Post

Occasionaly on CoD4, me and my mate just DOMINATE the game, usually ending with about 35 kills each and about 1 death. So we usually have a challenge with each other, we be on the same team and kill ourselves about 10 times, then the first one to get + k/d ratio wins. We usually get around 10 kills in about 40 seconds. My highest LEGIT killstreak is 48.

Flag Post

Kill all newcomers. They learn the hard way.

Flag Post

i go easy sometimes, but most of the time i will own

Flag Post

… my own arse.

Flag Post

This thread is almost full of the sort of people I hate playing with.

Flag Post

lol

Flag Post

Beating the crap out of people is fun

Flag Post

You are becoming like Ninjitsu.

Flag Post

I NEVER go easy.

Flag Post

Hey… I actually remember reading this thread before! Nice job!

Flag Post
Originally posted by AzontoMan:

Is that really a bad thing?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ninjitsu_Pirate:
Originally posted by AzontoMan:

Is that really a bad thing?

nope
always use the dirt on the ground in a fight