Forums Off-topic

What's your loadout for when shit hits the fan page 5

133 posts

Flag Post

Bandoliers are perfectly fine for storing ammunition. Magazines don’t stay loaded, and having a bag full of ammunition is sometimes harder than having a bandolier. Though, you obviously did mess up on the cartridge, haha.

A lot of people here are putting kevlar vests and rifle plates in their loadouts. The shelf life of these things are not very good, the kevlar vests typically last a very short time when being used on a daily basis.

And Christ almighty to the idiots putting more than one long gun on their person. There’s a reason why nobody in the military does it; it’s hard to carry that much weight, switch your weapons, carry substantial ammunition for both, as well as maintain both.

Flag Post

Watch out for the survival expert over here fellas. This guy has seen things.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

Quite literally.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rwbstripes:

Quite literally.

Tell me your story.

Flag Post

Mine is best

Flag Post

Quite literally.

Tell me your story.

I have too many to tell! But here’s some shit I’ve seen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheRoflWaffle:
Originally posted by TYBG:

goml

why do you have belt-fed ammo when you’re using an AK-47

I couldn’t tell which ammo cartridge I had to use.

Then you shouldn’t be using a gun.

Flag Post

That looks exactly like where I live, lol.

Flag Post

I lived there for 8 months. It was 25% me taking pictures, 50% me working in 2 trailers put together, and another 25% outside of the wire.

Flag Post

A lot of people here are putting kevlar vests and rifle plates in their loadouts. The shelf life of these things are not very good, the kevlar vests typically last a very short time when being used on a daily basis.

As I said to John, I had no intention of wearing that thing around everywhere. It was meant to be left in camp with most of that other stuff.

Flag Post

I lived there for 8 months. It was 25% me taking pictures, 50% me working in 2 trailers put together, and another 25% outside of the wire.

Only 8? I wish I had your life.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gevock:

As I said to John, I had no intention of wearing that thing around everywhere. It was meant to be left in camp with most of that other stuff.

Then it would serve no purpose. A rifle plate stops 1-2 rounds and then it is compromised. There is no use having one if it is just going to sit at your camp. Kevlar’s primary function is to stop penetration, not so much force. This makes it great for shrapnel and small calibers, but you will feel the full amount of force.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:
Originally posted by TYBG:

goml

why do you have belt-fed ammo when you’re using an AK-47

I couldn’t tell which ammo cartridge I had to use.

Then you shouldn’t be using a gun.

I live in the US. My independent freedom allows me to use a gun.

Flag Post

I’ll bet my housing was more luxurious than yours is? Aw yeah, FOB Wilson, you’re the best.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gevock:

Then it would serve no purpose. A rifle plate stops 1-2 rounds and then it is compromised. There is no use having one if it is just going to sit at your camp. Kevlar’s primary function is to stop penetration, not so much force. This makes it great for shrapnel and small calibers, but you will feel the full amount of force.

It serves plenty of purpose if I go out and intend the extra protection for whatever reason I may need it.

Flag Post

I’ll bet my housing was more luxurious than yours is? Aw yeah, FOB Wilson, you’re the best.

Doubt. I mean that I’ve been in shitty countries for years.

Flag Post

I was on one of the best bases in Afghanistan. FOB Wilson, Kandahar Provence. Their chefs cooked up crab legs for our company when we arrived. They cooked up crab legs when engineer companies helped dig an irrigation ditch. Shit, they cooked up crab legs when they got bored.

My CHU had air conditioning, bunk buddies, lighting, internet (that was actually over most of the base), and other god-given things.

Flag Post

And your point is?

Flag Post

good god shut the fuck up. No one cares

Flag Post

Get on my level.

Flag Post

Get on my level.

You look like a terrorist bear.

Flag Post

cllazy if I thought you were a threat I’d pop you from yards away

Flag Post

You never even used a gun in real life.

Flag Post

And I’m sure you haven’t used a grenade or a tazer. I doubt it’d be hard for me to learn, especially in the event of a situation like this

Flag Post

Taking out the pin and throwing a grenade is easier than shooting someone yards away while dealing with the recoil.