Forums Off-topic

Why isn't the furry thread locked yet?

47 posts

Flag Post

I may be late on this, but the whole thread is nothing but a bunch of furries role playing as their fursonas, talking about their social lives, posting lewd images, and on a daily basis, replying to people trying to cause trouble. You wanna know what other thread was locked for doing nearly the exact same shit? The MLP thread. So why isn’t this one? The whole thread is nothing but a party of 3-5 people who could go to a chatroom or somewhere else.

Proof from the LAST 3 PAGES
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/206166-the-official-furry-thread-3?page=219#posts-6799646-row
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/206166-the-official-furry-thread-3?page=218
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/206166-the-official-furry-thread-3?page=217

To go a bit farther on this, the thread also has and seems to bring a lot of posters to OT who have done nothing but shitpost.

Flag Post

I do believe there were repeated warnings before the thread about the show was locked, maybe they need some too

Flag Post

I didn’t see anything wrong. What is the point of this thread?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lightningcould:

role playing as their fursonas, talking about their social lives, posting lewd images, and on a daily basis, replying to people trying to cause trouble.

Flag Post

That’s because you’re a furry

Flag Post
Originally posted by TYBG:

That’s because you’re a furry

Umm, no I am not.

Originally posted by superfastjelly:

role playing as their fursonas, talking about their social lives, posting images, and on a daily basis, being fucking stupid enough to reply to people trying to cause trouble.

It’s their furry thread. They can RP as their fursona, it doesn’t affect OT in any way. Mafefe and 9123 do the same thing in that thread, it’s not their fault that 9123 and Mafefe are hungry for attention.

Flag Post

no I am not.

Yes you are

Flag Post
They can RP as their fursona, it doesn’t affect OT in any way

There are chatrooms for RP’ing, they can use it. It’s just as bad as spam.

Mafefe and 9123 do the same thing in that thread, it’s not their fault that 9123 and Mafefe are hungry for attention.

Yes it is, they respond to them. There are pages of them doing nothing but feeding them attention.

Flag Post

Well, you got me there. Agree to disagree.

Flag Post

superfastjelly is getting uppity
and is trying to get the Furry thread locked despite the lack of conflict surrounding it.

Flag Post
superfastjelly is getting uppity

That was cute.

and is trying to get the Furry thread locked despite the lack of conflict surrounding it.

You mean other than everything I posted already that proves the thread deserves it? I mean shit, the thread goes against most of the guideline.

Flag Post

99% of the threads in ot is rubbish, but the furry thread is used to share art. yet you want to lock the only thread worth still having?

sounds retarded

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

99% of the threads in ot is rubbish, but the furry thread is used to share art. yet you want to lock the only thread worth still having?

sounds retarded

Calling it art is a bit of a stretch

Flag Post
99% of the threads in ot are rubbish

That’s your opinion.

but the furry thread is used to share art.

So, it’s off topic? Which means it should be locked? Because not much art gets posted, it’s more of a hangout for you guys to talk about your social life and fursona role playing.

yet you want to lock the only thread worth still having?

It’s a shit thread. It does nothing to help OT in quality. Shitposting about how one user is going to RP suck another users dick does nothing to help quality, it brings it down.

Flag Post

I may be late on this, but the whole thread is nothing but a bunch of furries *role playing* as their fursonas, talking about their social lives, posting lewd images, and on a daily basis, replying to people trying to cause trouble. You wanna know what other thread was locked for doing nearly the exact same shit? The MLP thread. So why isn’t this one? The whole thread is nothing but a party of 3-5 people who could go to a chatroom or somewhere else.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/206166-the-official-furry-thread-3?page=219#posts-6799646-row
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/206166-the-official-furry-thread-3?page=218
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/206166-the-official-furry-thread-3?page=217

To go a bit farther on this, the thread also has and seems to bring a lot of posters to OT who have done nothing but shitpost.

People! This is what Forum Games is for! I know back in the day OT had Forum games, but no longer, so get with the times.

Flag Post

I may be late on this, but the whole thread is nothing but a bunch of furries role playing as their fursonas, talking about their social lives, posting lewd images, and on a daily basis, replying to people trying to cause trouble. You wanna know what other thread was locked for doing nearly the exact same shit? The MLP thread. So why isn’t this one? The whole thread is nothing but a party of 3-5 people who could go to a chatroom or somewhere else.

umad cause you have nothing interesting to post in ANY thread.

Flag Post
umad cause you have nothing interesting to post in ANY thread.

Petty insults and memes will get you nowhere.

Flag Post

As a matter of fact, all of that is true

I bet it’s not locked yet due to generally mature fanbase, despite mafefe and couple of others derails the thread all the time (I’m looking at you with a sinister look)

Flag Post

I’m not a furry, but looking at the thread, I see nothing wrong with it at all. The people using it (aside from a couple of rather immature individuals) seem to be enjoying the thread. The thread’s subject material, its primary posts, and the overall behavior of its primary posters have done nothing to violate the guidelines. If threads were going to be locked simply because of trolls, OT would have no threads.

If you don’t want to be bothered by what goes on in the thread, don’t click on it.

Flag Post
I bet it’s not locked yet due to generally mature fanbase

What’s your standard of mature? Because they aren’t.

The thread’s subject material, its primary posts, and the overall behavior of its primary posters have done nothing to violate the guidelines.

Other than having no real topic, posts that could be regarded as nothing but spam, being on trolls like flies on shit, and posting images that are against the rules? The only thing they do right is basic posting.

Flag Post

you are bitching about the whole point of the fucking thread to keep our furry shit out of the rest of OT. That was the the fucking reason it was made in the first place. Most of the time the thread gets away form the point of it is when people that arn’t furries are having arguments in there

Flag Post

You have angered their leader

Flag Post
Originally posted by TYBG:

You have angered their leader

I"m not angered at all and I wouldn’t say I’m the leader

Flag Post

I wonder why people always lurk threads they claim to have no interest in and are so concerned about their quality…

Originally posted by Rich112:

Most of the time the thread gets away form the point of it is when people that arn’t furries are having arguments in there

Why does this sound so familiar to me?

Flag Post

If we get rid of the furry thread; we might as well get rid of all threads. You say their conversations go off topic… Funny thing is, this forum is called OFF-TOPIC! There are ALOT of useless threads being put up everyday. To list a few; “MadJedi has had his Profile Pic stolen” “What are the chances of surviving in antartica?” and random shit like that. I come from a country where freedom of speech is encouraged, and I think that you have every right to bash whatever you want; but to wish to close down their thread would be just as reasonable as me wanting to close one of your personal threads. So shut the fuck up, eat some cake and GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES!! JESUS CHRIST!