Forums Off-topic

Why isn't the furry thread locked yet? page 2

47 posts

Flag Post

The mods should put this to a vote

Flag Post
Originally posted by hangman95:

If we get rid of the furry thread; we might as well get rid of all threads. You say their conversations go off topic… Funny thing is, this forum is called OFF-TOPIC! There are ALOT of useless threads being put up everyday. To list a few; “MadJedi has had his Profile Pic stolen” “What are the chances of surviving in antartica?” and random shit like that. I come from a country where freedom of speech is encouraged, and I think that you have every right to bash whatever you want; but to wish to close down their thread would be just as reasonable as me wanting to close one of your personal threads. So shut the fuck up, eat some cake and GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES!! JESUS CHRIST!

Someone should make an OT newfig BINGO card.

“Its called Off Topic for a reason” would be the center square

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

I wonder why people always lurk threads they claim to have no interest in and are so concerned about their quality…

Originally posted by Rich112:

Most of the time the thread gets away form the point of it is when people that arn’t furries are having arguments in there

Why does this sound so familiar to me?

I don’t know why dose it??

Flag Post

The exact same thing happened in the MLP thread over and over again, usually followed by complaints how it was derailed and should be locked.

Flag Post

The exact same thing happened in the MLP thread over and over again, usually followed by complaints how it was derailed and should be locked.

ah didn’t know that I hardly went in there

Flag Post

thats why you dont respond to trolls you goldfish

Flag Post
Originally posted by 91238576T79:

You say their conversations go off topic… Funny thing is, this forum is called OFF-TOPIC!

It’s called off topic because there isn’t a certain topic to discuss. Threads in OT must have something to discuss in particular.

and the furry thread dose

Flag Post

You say their conversations go off topic… Funny thing is, this forum is called OFF-TOPIC!

It’s called off topic because there isn’t a certain topic to discuss. Threads in OT must have something to discuss in particular.

No it went off the main discussion it held.

there never was a “main discussion” it’s a broad topic of furry stuff in general

Flag Post

there never was a “main discussion” it’s a broad topic of furry stuff in general

If that’s the case then it should get locked because the brony thread got locked on the same case.

No the brony thread go locked for the same shit you are all doing now spamming it with a bunch of unrelated stuff

Flag Post

If that’s the case then it should get locked because the brony thread got locked on the same case.

The brony thread got locked because everyone in the steam group used peer pressure to get vegard to lock it

If you want to peer pressure vegard into being your bitch, join the OT steam group :>

Flag Post

how can Vegard be my peer when he is six

Flag Post
Originally posted by ExemplaryReturns:

The brony thread got locked because everyone in the steam group used peer pressure to get vegard to lock it

If you want to peer pressure vegard into being your bitch, join the OT steam group :>

I was in the OT steam group once and it was fucking dumb

Flag Post

No the brony thread go locked for the same shit you are all doing now spamming it with a bunch of unrelated stuff

No it got locked because they were posting lots of brony crap, like what you are doing now.

It really didn’t.
The last significant conversation in the thread was someone writing so much unrelated bullshit that all his posts got removed.

Flag Post
At least they keep in one thread Nothing wrong with that Also, not like them posting everywhere would make it any better
Originally posted by superfastjelly:

I may be late on this, but the whole thread is nothing but a bunch of furries role playing as their fursonas, talking about their social lives, posting lewd images, and on a daily basis, replying to people trying to cause trouble. You wanna know what other thread was locked for doing nearly the exact same shit? The MLP thread. So why isn’t this one? The whole thread is nothing but a party of 3-5 people who could go to a chatroom or somewhere else.

Proof from the LAST 3 PAGES
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/206166-the-official-furry-thread-3?page=219#posts-6799646-row
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/206166-the-official-furry-thread-3?page=218
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2-off-topic/topics/206166-the-official-furry-thread-3?page=217

To go a bit farther on this, the thread also has and seems to bring a lot of posters to OT who have done nothing but shitpost.

Flag Post

To be fair, vegard locked it minutes after the conflict started to resolve.

Flag Post

Other than having no real topic

It seems to me that the topic is general furry chat, which is actually very specific, and is the whole reason the admins supported the thread to begin with – to keep the furry-related content in one place so that people who didn’t like it didn’t have to see it.

posts that could be regarded as nothing but spam

Most threads, including this one, contain spam posts.

being on trolls like flies on shit

That’s certainly not a good idea, but you’ve replied to troll comments in this thread as well. Also, it’s the trolls that are the source of that problem – not the thread or its intended posters. If anything, the trolls in that thread should be more harshly dealt with for targeting a specific social cluster. Quite frankly, if someone is that dedicated to offending a group of users and finds enjoyment in disrupting the peace, the forums would be better off without them, be they either silenced or banned (preferably silenced i suppose, just to get the point across).

and posting images that are against the rules

Then the post can be flagged and the image can be removed. And I may be mistaken, but I believe that an image is not against the rules unless it contains nudity, highly suggestive content, shock/gore, or outright offensive and/or discriminatory material. Looking through the furry thread, I see none of these, and if they were ever there, they were effectively removed and are no longer a problem. There seem to be troll images, but that falls back under the jurisdiction of the previous paragraph.

And for reference:

Originally posted by trickyrodent:

. . . things about My Little Pony, Touhou, furries and anime should be kept to their designated threads. If you’re not a fan, leave those threads alone.

The fact that you’re becoming involved by actively trying to get the thread shut down when it neither applies to you nor affects you makes you the one at fault here.

Flag Post

the topic is general furry chat, which is actually very specific, and is the whole reason the admins supported the thread to begin with

Then why don’t they support other chat threads

to keep the furry-related content in one place so that people who didn’t like it didn’t have to see it

There wasn’t any furry content (or barely any) before that, though

flagged

a-are you implying flagging actually does something
At least 90% of posts I’ve ever flagged got cleared, when I flag again sometimes the mod/admin looks and actually does something about it which just shows me that they’re lazy

I believe that an image is not against the rules unless it contains nudity, highly suggestive content, shock/gore, or outright offensive and/or discriminatory material

That’s right I think, but if it’s just an image by itself then it’s a +1 which are treated differently, or at least are supposed to but a certain mod thinks otherwise

I support the idea, but given the current moderation the chances of it getting locked are pretty much zero.

Flag Post

Then why don’t they support other chat threads

Because the point of this one is to give people a release where they aren’t indirectly forcing their thoughts on other people.

There wasn’t any furry content (or barely any) before that, though

And if you don’t click on that thread, there still won’t be any, as far as you’re affected. And there were still furries before the thread was made, no doubt. The thread makes those people happy.

a-are you implying flagging actually does something
At least 90% of posts I’ve ever flagged got cleared, when I flag again sometimes the mod/admin looks and actually does something about it which just shows me that they’re lazy

You might be flagging things too loosely then, because I see a great deal of posts removed from threads every day. They are definitely doing their jobs; they just aren’t total sticklers, which I perceive as a good thing.

That’s right I think, but if it’s just an image by itself then it’s a +1 which are treated differently, or at least are supposed to but a certain mod thinks otherwise

Yes, but most of the image posts that I saw weren’t images alone. Scrolling through the last 10 pages of the AAA anime thread, only a few of them are without image posts, and nearly all of the image posts contain 10 words or fewer, with some fewer than 5 words, and a few with roughly 2 sentences at most. I can tell you are an anime fan, but as far as your reasoning on image posts goes, I think you are being very biased, unless you want the anime thread to be shut down as well.

All I’m trying to say is that different people have different interests. A furry interest is less common than an anime interest, but it’s a personal interest all the same, and I think they should have the right to use their thread to discuss that interest. It obviously makes them happy, and it doesn’t hurt anyone else in any way if they follow the guidelines and simply not click on it.

Flag Post

Because the point of this one is to give people a release where they aren’t indirectly forcing their thoughts on other people

Lots of others weren’t either, why is this one so special?

if you don’t click on that thread, there still won’t be any, as far as you’re affected

I don’t see how that matters in the slightest, I mean what with the rules and all.

The thread makes those people happy

Not really a justified reason for allowing a spam thread.

They are definitely doing their jobs

Compare them now to say two+ years ago, they definitely have gotten worse at their jobs.

Scrolling through the last 10 pages of the AAA anime thread, only a few of them are without image posts, and nearly all of the image posts contain 10 words or fewer, with some fewer than 5 words, and a few with roughly 2 sentences at most

So a mod isn’t do the job right there either, great.

I can tell you are an anime fan

I’ve watched one series last year of anime, wouldn’t say that makes me much of a fan.

I think you are being very biased

How am I being biased? By saying one thread should be locked and not mentioning another despite this thread being about that? By being a "fan" of something else not locked?

unless you want the anime thread to be shut down as well

Honestly, I don’t care if that thread gets locked. It would probably be best if it did.

I think they should have the right to use their thread to discuss that interest

Should we make a thread about little kids too just because a few people are interested in them?

doesn’t hurt anyone else in any way if they follow the guidelines

But they don’t.

Flag Post

sfj’s retard is vigorously breaking its chains

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Lots of others weren’t either, why is this one so special?

I guess I can’t directly speak on that because I didn’t see these other threads you’re talking about.

I don’t see how that matters in the slightest, I mean what with the rules and all.

To be fair, that’s because I wasn’t saying that in terms of the rules. You established that there wasn’t any furry content before the thread, and I replied by saying that, as per the purpose of the thread, there still won’t be any if you don’t click on it. That particular subject had nothing to do with the rules.

Not really a justified reason for allowing a spam thread.

I’m unclear on your definition of ‘spam’. To me, spam is one of (roughly) three things, not including rude and/or outright offensive remarks:

1. Something that is unrelated to the thread (e.g. “You guys should join ____________.com! They just added all kinds of cool new features!” in a thread about Halo games – this can also apply to threads being made in an unrelated sub-forum)
  2. Something that needlessly takes up excessive space (e.g. A huge picture or a string of several pictures, people posting pictures without contributing feedback or a reason for their image post, or tons of obnoxious and loud formatting, such as huge text and whatnot)
  3. Posts that are more or less related, but don’t actually add anything or contribute even a moderately thoughtful response to another poster (e.g. “lawl”, “Duh.” “+1” etc.)

In the furry thread, i see legitimate responses. Some of it is in a role-play sort of fashion and thus are also sometimes fairly short (1 or 2 sentences), which I guess might make it better suited for the forum games sub-forum in that regard, but since it isn’t dedicated to role-play, it seems fine for OT.

Compare them now to say two+ years ago, they definitely have gotten worse at their jobs.

I can’t speak on that matter either, but i still feel that they’ve done pretty well from what I’ve seen.

I’ve watched one series last year of anime, wouldn’t say that makes me much of a fan.

Alright, I apologize. I shouldn’t have jumped to conclusions. Maybe you’re just a fan of anime-style art.

Should we make a thread about little kids too just because a few people are interested in them?

I can see how my wording may not have been clear enough. I’ll replace “interest” with “appropriate interest”. But I don’t think it’s right of you to compare furry fandom to pedophilia.

But they don’t.

Which is their fault – not the furry thread’s fault. Imagine that my neighbors across the street engaged in some sort of dancing every day that I find annoying, but the windows are arranged in such a way that I can only really see it if I’m actively watching with binoculars, and I consistently do just that. Does that really make any sense if the dancing bothers me so much? Not really, but it’s my own fault, and I’m only being hurt by my own actions.