Forums Off-topic

path of exile

33 posts

Flag Post

any of you dudes playing this? its basically a arpg like diablo 2 with an overly complicated skill tree and f2p. i think its pretty fun and there is no paying for advantages besides stash size which is nice but not all that important. definitely the best f2p ive ever played

Flag Post

I don’t play beta releases.

Flag Post

No.

Flag Post

TF2 is best F2P.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 91238576T85:

Keep that shit for fat Americans.

what are you even talking about

Originally posted by Hallucent:

why?

Flag Post
Originally posted by UNRIVALEDUDE52:
Originally posted by 91238576T85:

Keep that shit for fat Americans.

what are you even talking about

Originally posted by Hallucent:

why?

Because they’re often buggy and unbalanced and once the finished game is released the gimmick wears off and you end up not playing it.

Flag Post

Patching it now. Haven’t touched it since I first downloaded it almost a year ago. Don’t even think my computer can run it efficiently, though.

Flag Post

THAT’S A FUCKING SKILL TREE!??!?!!!!!!?!?!!!!

Flag Post

No, that’s just madness^

Flag Post

1) Look up “best [class name] build path of exile”
2) Find best skill tree build
3) Copy it

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zoronii:

TF2 is best F2P.

TF2, I must say, is awesome.

Flag Post

I play it a lot, it is very fun. Gotta have patience with crashes every now and then though :/

Flag Post

Too bad I can’t run this shit…it might be fun…and such customization of power!

Flag Post

Jesus Christ on a stick @ Spear’s pic

Flag Post

OH SHIT IT’S OUT OHBOYOHBOYOHBOY

Flag Post

Just played it again since the one public testing weekend a few months ago. It has improved quite a bit with new classes and complete voice-over.

Flag Post

here is full skill tree

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sikesalicous:

here is full skill tree
monstrosity.jpg

By Poseidon’s trident…

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree

“This is Path of Exile’s passive skill tree. It is a vast web of 1350 skills

How can you even come up with so many skills?!

Flag Post

Yep, it’s one crazy skill tree. I played it like 8 months ago in beta, but I never really got into it, not saying I didn’t enjoy it though.

Flag Post

How do they plan on balancing something like that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by HookedOnOnyx:

How do they plan on balancing something like that?

There’s no need. With so many possibilities, there’s no point in trying to balance it very much. People can just come up with different combinations that defeat others.
Balancing skill trees makes sense when you are given a limited choice of skills. For example, in WoW, the classes (before Mists of Pandaria cause I don’t know how it is there) have 3 talent trees and most builds are pretty similar because you don’t have many options. To become powerful, you usually go deep inside one talent tree with pretty much the same talents as everyone else.
Apparently, that’s not the case here. You can go anywhere you want and have completely original abilities. If I understand correctly, you can even be a melee mage with a two-hander, a heavily armored archer, etc. The thing that balances is the imagination of people. Some things work, others don’t.
Of course, manually balancing some aspects of the system is necessary.

Flag Post

SpearDudezor that is probably your longest and most thoughtful post you’ve ever posted.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DannyDaNinja:

SpearDudezor that is probably your longest and most thoughtful post you’ve ever posted.

If I didn’t know better, I’d say you’re new to OT

Flag Post

PoE is the best example that you can make successfull game that is truly free2play and doesn’t have any of pay2win bullshit that is so common in all MMOs on Kong (except maybe for Nova Raider). Other developers should learn from GGG.
As for skill tree: there are many instances of skill repeated few times (+1% to dmg and such), so amount of truly unique skills is lower than 1350. Also it most likely looks simpler once you straighten all those curved lines. All that being said, it’s still the most amazing skill tree I’ve ever seen and one of many reasons why PoE deserves to be called the game of the decade.

Flag Post

Thomas is my first name.
On Topic, I have not personally tried it. It looks cool, but your just talking about the skill tree.

Originally posted by Thomas:
Originally posted by Zoronii:

TF2 is best F2P.

TF2, I must say, is awesome.