Forums Off-topic

Why do all atheists pretend to be smart? page 3

107 posts

Flag Post

Agnostics are the same thing as atheists except that they brag about how “humble” they are.

B…but I’m super-smart because I know that I know nothing!

Originally posted by Moshdef:

@hangman95 You’re forgetting poor old Job, he’s my favorite character from the bible. And yes, I also refuse to suspend my disbelief so far as to think that the Earth is 6,000 years old. Nope, sorry bible.

It’s a good thing the Bible never says that.

Flag Post

The Bible never says anything about the Earth being 6,000 years old, and it’s a misconception that all Christians believe this. In fact, the vast majority of them do not.

Flag Post

What does the bible say concerning the age of the planet? The timeline seems to start roughly 6,000 years ago, but if I’m wrong about this then please clear it up for me.

@LukeMann Your sarcastic bullshittery just reveals that you’re incapable of engaging with the real argument, which is that knowledge is more credible than belief. Nobody is claiming to be smarter than anyone else, but hopefully you can see how it’s ignorant to make claims based on knowledge that you don’t have. I’m not saying it’s ignorant to have beliefs either, I’m saying it’s completely different than knowledge so cool down your plumbs before you hurt yourself. Beliefs shouldn’t offend non-believers and whatever yours are certainly don’t offend me, but some people can often get so defensive that they turn into intolerable douchebags.

Also @Hallucent, I apologize if I made it sound like I was saying all Christians take such things literally. I know many Christians who would laugh at something like that, and I know some Christians who do not take the bible literally at all but rather as a moral guide. I think it’s important not to generalize when speaking about religions because so many people can have vastly different beliefs, so again I apologize if I generalized this way. I don’t think that ALL Christians believe the timeline of the bible is accurate, because there are many Christians who know for a fact that it is not, but as far as I know the bible claims that creation took place about 6,000-7,000 years ago. I wasn’t being sarcastic earlier when I said please correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s what I know from reading the old and new testament and some other sources on the subject.

Edit @Controversial Those are the two options if you’re talking about atheism and theism, except theists can also believe in multiple gods. Either you’re just failtrolling or you failed miserably at reading, which one is it?

Flag Post

I don’t think they are pretending to be smart and they are not too stupid to understand religion. Some of the people that I know who are atheist does not believe in any religion for it does not answer all of their questions about humanity and other stuff.

Flag Post

I think that they are not pretending to be smart. Atheist just dont like to be tied down and be dictated by a religion but they do have morals and stuff like that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

The Bible never says anything about the Earth being 6,000 years old, and it’s a misconception that all Christians believe this. In fact, the vast majority of them do not.

The majority of Christians don’t believe most of the bullshit in the Bible, mostly because they don’t know it exists. But Christianity itself sucks.

Flag Post

This thread is full of misconceptions, most of them are probably intentional.

Flag Post

Agnosticism for the win.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Well that’s Mafefe for you. OT’s most infamous bigot.

Flag Post

Is that supposed to be directed at me?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Controversial:

Is that supposed to be directed at me?

No. Why would I say that to you? What I meant to say is that Mafefe is OT’s most infamous bigot.

Flag Post

No. Why would I say that to you? What I meant to say is that Mafefe is OT’s most infamous bigot.

I don’t know who anyone is anymore…

OT was so much simpler in 2007.

Flag Post

I wasn’t in the forums in ‘07. So I don’t know how OT was then.

Flag Post

At least tell me who everyone here is.

Flag Post

Moshdef is not mafefe. OP is Mafefe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gevock:

Moshdef is not mafefe. OP is Mafefe.

I understand everything now!

Flag Post

TheInternetRules is slipknotfan# if memory serves and I don’t know who Storage is, but he’s obviously an alt. Everyone else unrecognizable is new.

ITT, anyway.

Flag Post

first atheists just wanted to steal the power of the church by making their own religion. ‘atheism’. they act like its not a religion at all, so people will get interested and research and convert to it. so its actually just about power and atheist are in internet very powerful, so they think it makes them smarter than the others.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

first atheists just wanted to steal the power of the church by making their own religion. ‘atheism’. they act like its not a religion at all, so people will get interested and research and convert to it. so its actually just about power and atheist are in internet very powerful, so they think it makes them smarter than the others.

I think you need to leave…the internet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

fuck did i just read

Flag Post

What does the bible say concerning the age of the planet?

Nothing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ExemplaryReturns:

I mean, they define themselves as being too stupid to understand religion, so why would they think that anyone would believe they are smart?

Why does your mother pretend that she loves you, when she admit that she gave birth to you and that she doesn’t really love you, but just pretends too?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maowee:

I mean, they define themselves as being too stupid to understand religion, so why would they think that anyone would believe they are smart?

Why does your mother pretend that she loves you, when she admit that she gave birth to you and that she doesn’t really love you, but just pretends too?

That was way longer than it had to be

Flag Post
Originally posted by retart:
Originally posted by Maowee:

That was way longer than it had to be

I like to put it to be longer than it really have to be, so it seems longer and I like longetivity, that’s why you can’t expect a post to be the expected, as it will abruptly be interrupted by octopus