Forums Off-topic

Birds and Animals

17 posts

Flag Post

The nature nerds will love it here! I am one myself so I would love to hear from you about how much you know about these fascinating living things.

Flag Post

I will just start you off.

Red – Necked phalarope females are more colorful than the males.
Dippers can swim.
Nuthatches can go down head – first on a tree, and hatches nuts into gaps in the bark, hence its’ name.
Treecreepers roost in little dimples that they scratch themselves. (soo cute!)
Waved albatrosses are so funny when they court to each other. They simply go AAAAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhh.(!)
Puffins and manx shearwaters nest in burrows.
Eider males , in display, can utter a hilarious call of ‘ooooooooooo’ like Syril in Faulty towers!

Did you know any of those?

Flag Post

Coconut crab!!

Flag Post

There are forums for this sort of thing. Unfortunately, Stinky, I’m afraid people are going to come and trample on this thread-particularly in off-topic, which is unfortunately the only place on Kong this can belong to. Regardless…BARNACLE GEESE AND OTTERS FTW! Ahem. Sorry about that.

Flag Post

i’d post this in serious discussion, but it wouldn’t really belong there.

Flag Post

Serious Discussions – Animals that Amaze

Flag Post

FINE.

sniffs

I was just trying to make a thread where i can be at home.

Flag Post

Hahaha.
Birds are animals as well, my friend.

And Syneil, thanks for linking to my thread :-).

Flag Post

YOU ALL SMELL.

Flag Post

Personally, I hate nature, through there are a couple of things that are interesting. There are hermproditic worms that have to penetrate each other flesh, in order to reproduce. Yes, yes that sounds very sexual, however, hear me out. These animals basically engage in a fight of sorts to see whom inseminates whom, I learned about it in grade 11 bio, the process itself is actually quite brutal, and as such was nicknamed penis fencing. I can’t remember, which species they are , but I’m sure if you find out you can find a video on youtube.

Flag Post

Dippers can swim

Chicken dippers? =D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stoic001:

There are hermproditic worms that have to penetrate each other flesh, in order to reproduce. Yes, yes that sounds very sexual, however, hear me out. These animals basically engage in a fight of sorts to see whom inseminates whom, I learned about it in grade 11 bio, the process itself is actually quite brutal, and as such was nicknamed penis fencing.

HAHAHAHAHAHANICE

Flag Post

Creepy post. Fencing using penises? When you hear that you know something is very, very wrong.

Flag Post

birds and animals = tasty

Flag Post

^ yes

Flag Post

The rare and elusive Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus.

Flag Post

Excuse me, Stoic, but may I ask WHY you even bother to post here at all, because this a thread for actual bird and animal lovers, thank you. And I don’t want to hear about penis fencing here either.