Flag Post

im very confused is this the way hipsters post

Flag Post

pussies playing dressup games :/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:
>makes fun of hipsters for drinking shitty beer

Yeah I bet you only drink imports.

Mostly craft beers and microbrews, actually. I don’t drink shit like PBR and Budweiser.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

Mostly craft beers and microbrews, actually. I don’t drink shit like PBR and Budweiser.

Hipster.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

Well that’s good.

Flag Post

why does he have to look like such an effeminate homo

Flag Post

No longhair option 0/10

Flag Post
Originally posted by MarFraTho:

why does he have to look like such an effeminate homo

Because that’s what hipsters are.

Flag Post

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lightningcould:
Originally posted by necrobestiality:

I fucking
hate
hipsters
kill them all

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity – “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” – so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

Guys look im smart xd

Flag Post

Flag Post

what’s with all the copypasta? I counted three instances that were not part of a quote block, and one in a quote block…

Could someone post a definition of hipster that ISN"T that copypasta?

Flag Post
Originally posted by fractalman:

what’s with all the copypasta? I counted three instances that were not part of a quote block, and one in a quote block…

Could someone post a definition of hipster that ISN"T that copypasta?

“Hipster” is a term co-opted for use as a meaningless pejorative in order to vaguely call someone else’s authenticity into question and, by extension, claim authenticity for yourself.

It serves no conversational function and imparts no information, save for indicating the opinions and preferences of the speaker.

Meanwhile, a market myth has sprung up around the term, as well as a cultural bogeyman consisting of elusive white 20-somethings who wear certain clothes (but no one will agree on what), listen to certain music (no one can agree on this either), and act a certain way (you’ve probably sensed the pattern on your own).

You can’t define what “that kind of behavior or fashion or lifestyle” actually is, nor will you ever be able to. That’s because you don’t use “hipster” to describe an actual group of people, but to describe a fictional stereotype that is an outlet for literally anything that annoys you.

The twist, of course, is that if it weren’t for your own insecurities, nothing that a “hipster” could do or wear would ever affect you emotionally. But you are insecure about your own authenticity – “Do I wear what I wear because I want to? Do I listen to my music because I truly like it? I’m certainly not like those filthy hipsters!” – so you project those feelings.

Suffice it to say, no one self-identifies as a hipster; the term is always applied to an Other, to separate the authentic Us from the inauthentic, “ironic” Them.

Flag Post

Whoa, welcome back Luke! Hope you’ve had fun these past few months.

That said, this is basically what I wear daily. Awkward haha.

Flag Post

Me, and then…

My army harem of tattooed hipster bimbo skank baristas!