Forums Off-topic

Why do people think that better gun control will stop crime?

27 posts

Flag Post

I mean, since when are criminals known for following the law?

Also the best way to stop crazy people is to get better mental health programs.

Flag Post

you will never stop gun crime or any crime but it can be lowerd or better controled with new and better laws and will take time to inforce them and for them to take afect

Flag Post

Because it has been proven that less guns in circulation lead to less gun deaths.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bobby71983:

Because it has been proven that less guns in circulation lead to less gun deaths.

Tell that to Chicago

Also, I’d like to see your source for this information.

Flag Post

No, it’s been proven that areas with less guns have different crime rates than areas with more guns.

Typically they have more violent crime and more homicide, but less gun-based violent crime and gun-based homicide.

Flag Post

Discuss how we should take cars away from everyone because some people drink and drive.

Flag Post

but how will I keep rival druglords in line without my heat?

Flag Post

Tell that to Australia.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

Discuss how we should take cars away from everyone because some people drink and drive.

A better and less satirical idea would be to get a better policy on drunk driving.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Controversial:
Originally posted by Hallucent:

A better and less satirical idea would be to get a better policy on drunk driving.

Good luck with that

Flag Post

Gun laws need to be tighter, not restricted.
I mean it depends on the country, UK Gun laws are very strict but there are many happy gun owners. Gun laws in america are always a controversial topic becuase of the 2nd Amendment.

and @Exemplary Returns has a point, any law put in place to lwer gun crime is ignored by those who are lawless

Flag Post

A link to MFT’s thread about law making would be appropriate, but I can’t seem to remember the exact title. It went along the lines of “we shouldn’t punish homicide because criminals disregard laws anyway”. If we use this logic on all of society, there would be no laws at all since laws exist to prevent something. If no one is doing something, there is no need for a law in the first place.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

A link to MFT’s thread about law making would be appropriate, but I can’t seem to remember the exact title. It went along the lines of “we shouldn’t punish homicide because criminals disregard laws anyway”. If we use this logic on all of society, there would be no laws at all since laws exist to prevent something. If no one is doing something, there is no need for a law in the first place.

this is the only thread that I can remember where I mentioned legalizing murder, but I didn’t say anything about criminals disregarding the law

maybe you’re thinking of a mafefe thread

Flag Post

I got a new pistol a few weeks ago because I’m afraid they might actually ban the larger magazines

16 rounds apparently makes me a crazy murderer

Flag Post

if the criminals have no guns, it will be harder for them to kill.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

but really how hard is it to illegally get guns

Flag Post
Originally posted by MarFraTho:

About as hard as buying weed if they decided to ban them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MarFraTho:
Originally posted by Rolby:

Depends on the country but anyone with a criminally savvy mind can obtaim them

Flag Post

we shouldn’t punish homicide because criminals disregard laws anyway

I remember something about saying we should make homicide super-illegal?

Flag Post

How will I live without my high capacity magazines?

I like guns, but if they decided to ban anything larger than 10 round magazines, I wouldn’t be too upset. It wouldn’t affect my hunting and I’d just carry an ammo box to the range like I do now, anyway.

Flag Post

I can graphs too!

Flag Post

If they ban guns the badguys will just get them off the blackmarket then the goodguys wont have any guns and then they die.

Flag Post

Because criminals totally can’t get guns elsewhere.

Originally posted by doomteen17:

you will never stop gun crime or any crime but it can be lowerd or better controled with new and better laws and will take time to inforce them and for them to take afect

Wrong, disarming populations makes crime rates go far higher than without.

The reason we’re allowed to bear weaponry is mainly in case of these two reasons:
Hostile Invasion
Hostile Takeover (by government)

Now, does the government suddenly wanting you without the right to own defenses seem suspicious in any way?

These proposed laws are as useful as the prohibition, it causes more problems if anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LukeMann:

I can graphs too!

Source?

Flag Post
Originally posted by doomteen17:

THE END.