Forums Off-topic

Best Genre?

44 posts

Flag Post

Personally Rock. can’t go wrong with some zeppelin.

Flag Post

that would be more along the lines of Classic rock

Ill have to go with metal, and if that is too broad ill just say Thrash metal.

Flag Post

I listen to a broad range of rock, but I’d say Pop-Punk and Punk-Rock are my favorites. Throw a little bit of emo, alternative rock, and modern rock and you got yourself a nice playlist.

Flag Post

Rock, Australian Hip-Hop, Alternative ,Pop, Electronica , Metal a bit of everything for me

Flag Post

Horror Punk

and there is NO such thing as “pop-punk”

Flag Post

Sadly razor992, there is pop-punk. Cobra Starship have that covered.

I listen to way too much in musical genres, but I’d have to say my favourite is Synth Pop. Though I’ll stretch out and say most electronic music is pretty good. To me, rock is good, but it can be bland at times.

Flag Post

Chiptune/Experimental

Flag Post

Rap/Hip-Hop, just need the mainstream to catch up with the underground.

Flag Post

HARDCORE >.<
yes i am from holland

Flag Post

Lol, Holland. I say rock is the best. Maybe Rock-Pop

Flag Post

classic rock, you can not go wrong with the best music ever made.

Flag Post

Yesh sprint, forgot to say that. thats some real good stuff!

Flag Post

I will listen to just about anything but country. I hate country music with the burning passion of 1,000 suns.

Flag Post

yeah Country is the worst but i personally hate rap too. Metal andy type spped haredcore thrash with groups includeing KoRn Slipknot Avenged Sevenfold Foo Fighters and many more

Flag Post

Avenged and Foo Fighters don’t really fall under metal, speed, hardcore, or thrash maybe the old avenged but not the new pop-emo avenged. But you know what! Naming genres are for music fascists. The only music I will listen to is GOOD MUSIC! be it rap, hip-hop, metal or classic they are all good genres and there is no single best.

Flag Post

Naming genres are for music fascists.

Agreed!

Flag Post

blackmetal/death metal

Flag Post

i dont no exactly like what specific genres they are but basically rock, classic rock, and country for me
i dont get why people hate it, but o well

Flag Post

As a music elitist I’d have to vote for for the best genre to com from the umbrella of “classical” music. And yes, I know that that is much too big a category. (Like saying the best category is music with drums in.)

Specifically (in this age where every band wants its own sub-sub-sub-genre) I’d vote for the ballet music of the early twentieth century (Stravinsky et al). Though the symphonies of the late classical/early romantic period are also breathtaking.

Oh I like rock and jazz as well (is that broad enough?!)

Flag Post

Metalteacher, what’s your opinion about DethKlok?

I personally like “Better Metal Snake”, “Face Fisted” and “Murmiader (Murmiad Murder)”

Flag Post

love the guitar intro on Better Metal Snake, (just youtubed it) reminds me a bit of Iced Earth. I must say I’m not that huge a fan of the growly vocals, but I can appriciate the way it emphesises the nature of the music.

I wouldn’t actively seek it out but I also wouldn’t skip it if it came on the radio/myplaylist etc.

Flag Post

Probably wouldn’t hear dethklok on the radio very much and zach…. Mermaid-er? that song is so repetitive. To tell you the truth I watch the show just for the excessive gore, hilarity, and constant references to other events or bands in metal history not the music they play.

Flag Post

I didn’t even know that there was actual music, but when I was looking for Frets on Fire songs, they were all right there.

Flag Post

punk. and a little metal. A little Iron maiden never hurts =0

Flag Post

Rock & Punk.