Forums Off-topic

Best AC game?

41 posts

Flag Post

Hmm

Flag Post

All Assassin’s Creed games are the same.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like them necessarily; I just hate how they come out with extremely short games so often. Buying them new isn’t even worth it.

Flag Post

The game does not really deserve the glory it has, just like Angry Birds.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:

All Assassin’s Creed games are the same.

That doesn’t mean I don’t like them necessarily; I just hate how they come out with extremely short games so often. Buying them new isn’t even worth it.

Their lengths are k (they’re at least not Mirror’s Edge), but they’re very repetitive and easy which bothers me with the series. And even though it’s supposed to be a stealth game series, you can easily beat up enemies directly. Which makes the stealth pretty pointless.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mordius:

The game does not really deserve the glory it has, just like Angry Birds.

I have the same opinion, it’s a good game, but shouldn’t be given all this popularity or praise.

Flag Post

hopefully ac4

Flag Post

Brotherhood, in my opinion.

Flag Post

I played ACII, Brotherhood, and a little bit of the first, but I didn’t actually finish either one. I feel like the added features in BroHood weren’t even features, just gimmicks. They didn’t do much to actually improve combat or story.

So out of the two AC games I’ve played, I choose ACII, for being barebones and simple, but not crap like the first game (in terms of gameplay).

I won’t judge anything based on story considering I didn’t bother following the story much.

Flag Post

Like someone else said, they’re all the same

Flag Post

Best one i can say is NEXUS

It is the first that i am aware of that gives you dual wield-able weapons
they have interesting shoulder weapons
and they dont have as many worthless leg parts as AC2

i had fun playing it

Flag Post

II

Flag Post

I liked Brotherhood the best personally since I liked where the story was in that time period.

I’m not looking forward to AC4 though, seriously… pirates? Is that all they could come up with? Though I’m excited for the trailer as usual.

Trailers, Brotherhood is by far hands down the best one. Revelations song for the trailer was great (Woodkid) but it just wasn’t as… epic? AC3’s trailer I honestly didn’t like that much.

Also, ending of the storyline of AC3 [expletive] sucked. How the [expletive] are you going to continue on a story line with the main character dead? Completely made the entire series worthless.

Flag Post

Also, ending of the storyline of AC3 [expletive] sucked. How the [expletive] are you going to continue on a story line with the main character dead? Completely made the entire series worthless.

Spoiler alert.
Oh well, I probably wasn’t even gonna finish the game, anyway.
Also, it’s been said that future games won’t have to follow Desmond, as his story is only one of many to be told.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlcoholic:

Spoiler alert.
Oh well, I probably wasn’t even gonna finish the game, anyway.
Also, it’s been said that future games won’t have to follow Desmond, as his story is only one of many to be told.

Whoops. My bad. Just not happy since it doesn’t make sense on who the next person could possibly be. I mean, who can possibly follow Desmond? There isn’t anyone else left (dad maybe? But that seems weird) to pick up the memories through the animus, thus why I’m pissed since it doesn’t make sense. Story wise.

Not sure how his story is only “one of many to be told” when his wasn’t really told also.

Flag Post

I’ve not finished ACIII, so I’m not in a position to judge, but you don’t feel Desmond’s story was told to a satisfactory conclusion?

Flag Post

I’ve not finished ACIII, so I’m not in a position to judge, but you don’t feel Desmond’s story was told to a satisfactory conclusion?

Not at all. In my opinion, Desmond’s life just went simply like this:

Oh hey, I’m a regular person.
Oh hey, some people tried to kill me, where am I?
Oh man, some laboratory.
Some chick is helping me! Yay! Computers! Whoa! What is this?
Goes through tons of amazing stories (Ezio <3)
Yay I can do this stuff in real life! Oh no, wait, I’m the only one who can prevent the world from getting rid of everyone but myself and a select few?
Oh yeah, let’s go the typical Hero route and die for the world… when the world could have been rid of all the impurities that obviously won’t be gone after he leaves (so his death is pretty pointless) since he wants the world to do it itself (it won’t happen, bro, accept that and just live on D:)

I mean, him killing Lucy was pretty interesting for sure but I feel like he was more of like… a filler in between the stories. I feel that the historical parts were more satisfactory than his. I wish they had done more but eh, that’s just me nit picking.

I personally play the AC games for the storyline thus my reasoning XD

Flag Post

I guess I can understand that, I’m someone who plays for the storyline too.
(The fact that the gameplay is really fun(in my opinion) is just a bonus)
Getting to see more of Desmond’s story is one of the things I look forward to with each installment, but apparently he dies at the end of the one I’m currently playing, so that’s somewhat disappointing….
I would’ve liked to have seen more spin-offs starring Connor in much the same way Ezio had Brotherhood and Revelations.

(Ezio <3)

Hah.
So the truth comes out!

Flag Post

I guess I can understand that, I&#8217;m someone who plays for the storyline too.
(The fact that the gameplay is really fun(in my opinion) is just a bonus)
Getting to see more of Desmond&#8217;s story is one of the things I look forward to with each installment, but apparently he dies at the end of the one I&#8217;m currently playing, so that&#8217;s somewhat disappointing&#8230;.
I would&#8217;ve liked to have seen more spin-offs starring Connor in much the same way Ezio had Brotherhood and Revelations.

(Ezio &lt;3)

Hah.
So the truth comes out!

Ouch, sorry for ruining the story xD It’s just I was so heart broken when I got to the end. I was like, wait, what, this is the end? Literally?

I hope that they somehow find a logical/orveryunlikelybutsomehowmedicallyplausibleexcuselikeinallthosemedicaltvshows to get him back in the story. At least until they find a way to somehow get a new candidate in to continue the story! Since remember, he’s literally the only one left in his bloodline to do this. Like, does he have a half brother we just don’t know about yet? Some aged great grandmother hidden away?

AND LOL YES EZIO. BEST STORY IN AC EVER. I’m sorry, but how could someone NOT like Ezio’s story!? Plus it was freaking hilarious to see the ‘sex’ scene in the beginning of brotherhood and then using the cannons bwhahaha. I’m a die hard AC Brotherhood fan <3

But enjoy AC3! It was fun to play, just didn’t like how the story ended. The bonus stuff is nice by the way so I highly recommend it. Follow the AC pages on Facebook, you can see all the updates and everything so it’s nice.

Flag Post

It’s all cool, I was likely to be disappointed sooner or later, whether by finishing the game myslef, or by having it spoiled by someone else.
And I’m thinking other stories may not revolve around Desmond’s family.
I’m thinking there are plenty of others who’re descended from a line of assassins, since joining the brotherhood seems to be somewhat hereditary.
But yeah, Ezio probably was the best character.
I liked Altair more, admittedly.
He felt more “bad-ass”, whereas Ezio had more character to him, as well as all the gadgets and gear.
He also brought a nice type of humour to it as well.
I just really dislike how they looked totally different in Revelations.
It’s not that Ezio’s older, but his face is entirely different, as was Desmond’s >:
Kinda turned me off from playing Revelations, but I managed to finish it despite all these new chores they’d brought into the game as well.

This’ll be why Brotherhood was my favourite.
It found a good balance of questlines, customisation, and optional content that didn’t feel bothersome to do, whereas Revelations felt like chore-some .
Also, Brotherhood had the best robes and armour.

Flag Post

brotherhood was best. revelations was pretty gay and fake. like there were greek juggernaut rebels at every 100 metres irl too.

Flag Post

Oh my gawd.

I was like O_O

I agree that Altair was more epic. But you play Ezio for a lot longer and it was really interesting to see how his life went. Plus he was flipping hilarious (though those sad parts made you want to cry for him D: </3)

Completely agree with your statement about Revelations. Honestly, I think the best AC games went up until AC Brotherhood just because afterwords it only feels like Ubisoft is trying to find ways to continue the game on since they’ve run out of juice (like how they made AC4 flipping pirates if you see the picture they released, [expletive] pirates).

I don’t want to play a [expletive] pirate. Give me some more female assassins ffs! I have an Aveline de Grandpré shirt from Ubisoft but it’s always so awkward having to explain my shirt since NOBODY knows who she is (since you can only play her on Vita. I played a bit on my friends Vita, no way in [expletive] am I buying a Vita if I’m only going to play one game on it).

Ugh. If AC4 has female assassins, I’m all on board (haha, get it?). But seriously! Anyways, interesting theory with the other lines of assassins though! I never thought of that for some reason haha.

Flag Post

wtf y would u want to play as a girl? that would be fucking fake anyway. murderer girls? wtf? thats just fake and sick.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

wtf y would u want to play as a girl? that would be fucking fake anyway. murderer girls? wtf? thats just fake and sick.

Rolby is a sexist! D:

Anyway, I never played any the AC games, sadly. It looks interesting, but I never have a chance to get a copy of the first one.

Flag Post

A female ancestor is something I’ve been hoping to eventually happen for quite some time now, though it would’ve been somewhat hilarious if it was Desmond or another male descendant had to view her memories.
So I wouldn’t mind having a female protagonist either.
It’d been said somewhere that they have potential to make games up to the tends, so I’m sure it’ll come along some time, though I’m hoping it won’t only be once just to have a “token female”.
I think a female character may bring entirely new dynamics to the game, purely based on differences between male and female abilities and perspectives, so there’s certainly some unexplored territory that the developers could go for.

Rolby is a sexist! D:

Nah, he’s just a Muslim.
Don’t take it personally.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MKUltraLightning:
Originally posted by Rolby:

Rolby is a sexist! D:

Bro, have you never heard about countless tales of women helping in wars/fights by killing the men on their sides to aid their (sides) enemy? It’s called poisoning, stabbing, etc. Seeeeeexist D:

And I completely agree with a female ancestor! I have been dying for a female assassin for a long time because it would bring a unique change to the game AND for the entire gaming world, in fact. There are hardly ANY main female characters or roles at all in the game industry currently. Besides Aveline but her chances got shot since she’s stuck on Vita only.

In a more female perspective it would bring a fresh change to an already “Oh this thing again” game where the males are always dominating and there are swords, daggers, whatever. Who knows, it would be funny to see a poisoning aspect of the game where they go around to houses poisoning their targets by disguising as cooks and making them a sandwich. Get my point bro?

In all seriousness, it would be something completely new and unheard of in any game out there. It would be pretty cool to see the barriers broken by a company like Ubisoft!