Forums Off-topic

why stealth based games suck

88 posts

Flag Post

being stealthy is not fun

 
Flag Post

Stealth games give additional constraints to the player, which makes completion of each stage more rewarding. It is less challenging to shoot down every enemy in a room than knocking out each character without anyone noticing or going through the stage without hurting anyone.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

Stealth games give additional constraints to the player, which makes completion of each stage more rewarding. It is less challenging to shoot down every enemy in a room than knocking out each character without anyone noticing or going through the stage without hurting anyone.

not fun

 
Flag Post

Only because you suck at them doesn’t mean they are not fun.

 
Flag Post

It’s just a different kind of fun: one style is about fast reflexes and quick decisions while the other is about awareness of the environment and careful planning. The fear of being caught mixed with the satisfaction of outsmarting security systems creates a unique experience.

 
Flag Post

stealth is pretty cool, i think. shooting all the time can get easy and boring.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MKUltraLightning:

Only because you suck at them doesn’t mean they are not fun.

true, but them not being fun means they are not fun

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ToolOnDeck:
Originally posted by MKUltraLightning:

Only because you suck at them doesn’t mean they are not fun.

true, but them not being fun means they are not fun

Dishonored is a pretty fun stealth game.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MKUltraLightning:
Originally posted by ToolOnDeck:
Originally posted by MKUltraLightning:

Only because you suck at them doesn’t mean they are not fun.

true, but them not being fun means they are not fun

Dishonored is a pretty fun stealth game.

lol nice oxymoron

 
Flag Post

It’s just a matter of opinion, for me stealth games are the best.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by NEITOPHEN:

It’s just a matter of opinion, for me stealth games are the best.

It’s fun almost getting caught, constantly looking around and hoping the guard is coming towards you.

I was raised on Metal Gear Solid.

 
Flag Post

lol y wud u sneek past som1 dats so ghey i just shot them, its more realisdick

 
Flag Post

I like stealth games.

 
Flag Post

I tried playing Hitman: Blood Money once. Most of my missions ended up with me finding exploits and abusing them until I win.

 
Flag Post

Stealth can sometimes be fun, but shooting shit up is a lot more entertaining.

 
Flag Post

So you say that the Metal Gear series, Assassins Creed Series, and now Crysis 3 all suck? :O

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

Assassins Creed Series

Assassins Creed games are stealth based?

 
Flag Post

Can’t say I’m fond of stealth games. They can be fun but they definitely aren’t my favorite. Sometimes I try to see if I can fight my way through a level.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by SFJFanfics:
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

Assassins Creed Series

Assassins Creed games are stealth based?

I don’t know… it’s not like the word ASSASSIN tells you anything…

 
Flag Post

Assassin’s Creed has some stealth elements, but it’s mostly about free roaming and sword fights.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

Assassin’s Creed has some stealth elements, but it’s mostly about free roaming and sword fights.

For some people…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:
Originally posted by SFJFanfics:
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:

Assassins Creed Series

Assassins Creed games are stealth based?

I don’t know… it’s not like the word ASSASSIN tells you anything…

That doesn’t mean shit if gameplay is running around on roofs , sneakily killing someone, and running away from guards.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ThetaPrime01400:
Originally posted by MadJedi:

Assassin’s Creed has some stealth elements, but it’s mostly about free roaming and sword fights.

For some people…

Unless the mission is scripted, a player is often tempted towards direct confrontation due to the protagonist being a master swordsman and the game lacking stealth abilities (the cover system is very weak, for example). In a proper stealth game, surviving in the open should be hard. In Assassin’s Creed, it’s a piece of cake since the protagonist often overpowers his enemies.

 
Flag Post

lol hack n slash and such sucky genres are pussy genres true fact

stealth is the real deal lol

 
Flag Post

My favorite game being Metal Gear Solid 3 is a stealth-based game, & it’s very fun to play. I find stealth games much more challenging than shooting everyone in sight.