Forums Off-topic

Which future technology do you think is more likely to happen?

21 posts

Flag Post

Meat Farm/Factory
in where you grow meat in a controlled and clean environment without having to breed animals.
or maybe grow meat in a factory where you just have to add in a few organisms into a large cauldron, add some ingredients and water, shut the tank and let it grow overtime.

or
Robot Wars
in where there are entire wars that are fought, lost, and won by robots or androids or whatever,
like in the terminator movies only the robot soldiers don’t form a union and exterminate all humans.

What do you think is more likely to happen (first)?

Flag Post

Lightsabers. As well as cars that run on electricity and/or water.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MKUltraLightning:

Lightsabers. As well as cars that run on electricity and/or water.

cmon man
OP is right there, its not even long
its like…. 3 sentences.
you can read that

Flag Post

Meat factory would most likely happen first.

Flag Post

Meat factory for sure.

Flag Post

Meat Farm.
Although rudimentary robot wars would probably be possible already. We humans are just way to keen on killing each other legitimately.

Flag Post

Hi-tech cars

Flag Post

Already happening.

Flag Post

Robot wars, very soon.

Flag Post

Meat Farm.

Robot War will probably never gonna happen in the near future (as in, a few centuries) unless we’re in Terminators.

Flag Post

If we create a meat farm, there will surely be a Robot War coming up soon. I would say Meat Farm will come first.

Flag Post

Blacks Ops 2. So clearly robot wars :P

Anyway on the petri dish pork…

Scientists say the texture and flavour isn’t quite like the real thing … not yet anyway.

I lol’d.

Flag Post

Robot wars would be possible sooner, but wouldn’t actually happen, humans prefer legit killing. So, meat factory will be the thing that actually does happen first.

Flag Post

robot wars
open conflicts could happen any time
drones and unmanned vehicles are being built by lots and is starting to get it in use , soon there will be no need to risking thousands of lifes sending men on the frontline

Flag Post

Well, there’s already stuff like this floating around. While it isn’t likely something like that will fly in the consumer market very quickly, similar concepts may develop and be put into use within a matter of years (possibly via stem cells).

Robot warfare is only likely if big powers in the world, such as the US, China, or countries in Europe, go to war in a decade or two. Robots are too clunky and unreliable to wage a full war as the technology stands right now, and the wars in the Middle East aren’t prioritized enough to warrant research into this kind of thing.

Flag Post

the obamanator can already kill the peoples with drone strikes

Flag Post

Robot wars is much closer.

The first one would never work.

Flag Post

True. Drone warfare does seem likely on the rise already.

Gosh darn it. Where’s my tin foil hat when I need it? D:

Flag Post

I’m sure they’ll both happen, but the meat factory will happen first.

Flag Post

…simultaneous. as above posters have pointed out: BOTH are beginning to happen already.

Flag Post

Real steal, instead there would probably be people thrown in there