Forums Off-topic

My new guitar broke what should I do? page 2

34 posts

Flag Post

It isn’t a real guitar, its a cheap guitar.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Carados:

It isn’t a real guitar, its a cheap guitar.

I have a cheap guitar and the whammy never broke. xD

Flag Post

I hope you knew how to use a whammy bar. Or else, thats the problem.

Flag Post

It’s only been a month. Go back and see if the store will do something about it. Won’t hurt to try. I don’t understand how you can break a tremolo bar though.

Flag Post

My new guitar broke what should I do?

Eat it, and I shall make one appear out of thin air!

Flag Post

complain if no smash him over the head

Flag Post

If it’s an expensive one, (Like a Dean, Ibanez or expensive Fender Strat for example) then complain. Hold on to the reciept and get them to fix it, replace the guitar or reimburse you. If they don’t… then I suppose you could sue them depending whether or not it was your fault, but if that fails have a new trem arm put in. I’d get a good “Floyd Rose”, because they are the best arms.

Obviously if at this point, it’s a crappy cheap Vintage or Squier or something, just buy another guitar. It’s pointless trying to get a guitar $250 downwards fixed, because you would invest greater in buying another one.

Oh, and if you want to live with it, you could get it out yourself with this method:

1)Get a Metal drill.
2)Drill into the Snapped part of the Whammy bar (Make sure it don’t go right into the guitar! Only a small way into the whammy.)
3) Alter the rotation of the drill to opposite of the way the whammy screws in.
4) Drill! The whammy will come out.
(5) |OPTIONAL| Throw The broken piece of whammy at the shop window where you got the guitar, and scream and shout “You dirty f*$&”£g decieving little f%“^&s!!")

That’s if all else fails. I’ve done it on my guitar, and it worked. I was in the same situation at one point. All you’d have to do is get another whammy bar that fits it, then. They aren’t all that expensive really, you can get a cheap, good one from ebay.

I’m just kidding with the last option, but do it if you want. Good luck ;)

(Oh, and I’m NOT held responsible if you mess up your guitar worse trying to do the D.I.Y method. Do it sensibly, and you should have no probs :P)

Flag Post

Now I have an acoustic and it hasnt broken in the two years i’ve had it, so I dont know what to say. If its a cheap guitar like what secondary schools have, mainly Stratocasters, I’m not suprised, send it back. You could get a better one thats had its price reduced. But twith whammy bars is that they make the guitar out of tune so, you know. I think what you have probably havent tightened it up too much, snapped part of it and so it won’t unscrew.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Carados:
Originally posted by meowla:

Damn it this is a REAL guitar not a guitar hero one!

Obviously not, if it broke like that.

… you haven’t seen me play O.o