Forums Off-topic

PETA:The Axis of Evil

36 posts

Flag Post

Ok guys, this issue has been bugging me for a while now. I need your honest-to-God opinions about this. PETA, or People for Ethical Treatment of Animals, is an orginaztion dedicated to protesting anything that has to do with killing or doing anything other than loving and leaving alone animals. Now I’m all for animals’ rights, but seriously, these people have gone way too far. They are opposed to fishing, hunting, eating meat, the extermination of vermin, and animals in entertainment. Wow. In case you haven’t noticed, peta, we need animals to eat. And to eat them, we need to kill them. And how would you like it if your basement was invested with an assload of stinkin rats? Animals in entertainment are in no way abused or harmed as far as I know, either. They run deceptive ad campaigns and give gut-wrenching pamphlets depicting gruesomely slaughtered animals to small children. They scold people for eating meat. Its ok to be vegan, but c’mon. They even euthanize animals that they RESCUED, some that were in repairable health, the damn hipocrites. This a wretchedly extreme group of people. Maybe they do support some good causes with reasonable solutions. And maybe the title is a bit unfair, as they aren’t “terrorists”. But seriously, we need to stop this thing. These people should at least tone it down a little bit. What do you think? Please respond, I crave your opinion. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they also have about two million members. o_____o SCARY

Flag Post

Apparently PETA kills somewhere around 85% of the animals that come into it’s care.

Records. [PDF]

Tabulated figures.

Flag Post

I have the same opinion as you.

I think that, Yes animal cruelty is WRONG, but animals on Tv are not being treated cruelly, Um hello have you ever seen the thing at the end of a show saying “No animals were harmed in the making of this program”, while they could argue its a lie, well that may be the case, however directors and producers will not LIE, as this can tarnish they reputation if they are found out.

Again, Um, HELLO, has no one here heard of the food chain?
Like this -
Grass > Rabbit > Fox
Animals need meat + fish, to satisfy our nutritional needs and what-not. They don’t care about animals in the wild eating other animals do they?
Which is exactly what we are doing, and what our ancestors have been doing for so many years, they didn’t care they were killing animals, because they relied on them as a source of food, because there wasn’t really much else.
Whats going to happen next are they going to stop Lions from eating Antelope or something?

I am OK with regular vegetarians, they can do what they like!
But I think PETA is going way too OTT about this now.

EDITOMG, SaintAjora, I read that article and saw that picture, it made me feel so upset, that they are liers.
I nearly cried at the amount the euthanized

Flag Post

Exactly, Kappy.

Flag Post

NAMBLA > PETA

Flag Post

WTF is NAMBLA?

Flag Post

Flag Post

Wow. In case you haven’t noticed, peta, we need animals to eat.

Quoted for Un-Truth

Flag Post

wow…pedophilia…that’s disturbing…and uh, yeah…North American Man/Boy Love Association…hehe…XD PEDOPHILES OMG HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Flag Post

Wow. In case you haven’t noticed, peta, we need animals to eat.

Quoted for Un-Truth

well…lemme rephrase that…like kappy said, we’re higher on the food chain, so, yeah, its not like its bad to eat animals or anything, so…i guess i rest my case

Flag Post

Sharks are higher on the food chain than us.

Let’s let them eat us.

Flag Post

Sharks are higher on the food chain than us. Let’s let them eat us.

um…not true. We could…oh, i dunno…SHOOT THE FLIPPIN SHARKS! idiot.

Flag Post

NAMBLA= North American Man Boy Love Association.

Some of you might remember them from the South Park Episode.

Basically, they believe boys and men should be able to make love.

Flag Post

Animals in entertainment are in no way abused or harmed as far as I know, either.

You apparently don’t know much then.

Flag Post

You apparently don’t know much then.

Ok…give me an example

Flag Post

Bullfighting and dancing bears spring immediately to mind.

Flag Post

Its traditional for a bullfighter to cut off the head of his first fight.

Flag Post

I think eating meat is fine. While I’m not a fan of hunting, it helps too, doesn’t it? It reduces overpopulation for animals, as with exterminating vermin, that helps. Nobody whats a whole bunch of rats running in house. I do admit I love animals too, but they did go way far if it is the way you state it. Chicken Fighting is pretty bad though.

Flag Post

Bullfighting and dancing bears spring immediately to mind.

OH! Yeah, you’re right. I thought you mean something different. Ok, I guess, uh, scratch that.

Flag Post

Nice thread! Just joking.

You fail at stuff like this

Flag Post

Nice thread! Just joking.

You fail at stuff like this

You know, it is stated to not say fail on threads. This thread does not fail. I see it as a great topic to discuss.

Flag Post

OH! Yeah, you’re right. I thought you mean something different. Ok, I guess, uh, scratch that.

Your avatar… can’t stop staring…

Flag Post

peta throws paint on fur jackets but whats the point those animals are already dead and if lets say a giant species come to earth thats capable of killnig the entire world peta will be like NO DONT KILL IT

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/OfficialPETA

Heh.

Flag Post
Originally posted by spunky739:

peta throws paint on fur jackets but whats the point those animals are already dead

publicity