Forums Off-topic

How do you deal with boring teachers at schol?

31 posts

Flag Post

My school is somewhere in pretty good. its neither too easy nor too hard. The exams are, for most of the part, pretty standard… The teachers are, for the most of the part, awesome. A couple of them boring.

This thread is about tactics, protips, and the such on how to combat boring teachers. Sure, its easy to say “Just pay attention harder”, but its easier said than done.

Flag Post

What grade level are you at? I find that the lower grades tend to be more filled with tedium than the higher ones, although the greater difficulty of higher grades often turns people away.

Flag Post

Tell them to pass the salt my brudda xddd

Flag Post

Bring your phone into school and go on Reddit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlextheGreat13:

What grade level are you at? I find that the lower grades tend to be more filled with tedium than the higher ones, although the greater difficulty of higher grades often turns people away.

Uh I dont have a clue.

Originally posted by finkidz5:

That’s because when you’re older you can take classes that interest you. The professor can be just as boring, but it’s interesting content which makes it bearable.

When you get older you come across teachers who are more obnoxious though, and refuse to give good grades. I can’t stand professors like that.

Seems fair enough and a positive look of the situation as well.

Flag Post

Uh I dont have a clue.

How old are you and how many years have you been in school?

Flag Post

Uh I dont have a clue.

I am 16 (soon in less than 1 month 17) but I am advanced class or something something. Last year in High School… before…IT. The great final boss. UNIVERSITY. MOTHERFUCKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Flag Post

i just sleep in their classes or skip classes

Flag Post

Uh I dont have a clue.

To be honest, I think that was a pretty straight-forward/self-explanatory question… just an observation.

Flag Post

No matter how boring your teacher may be, you should try to make your topic fun. By this, I mean make it interesting! Try to do extra research on your topic to find out more about it, perhaps that will intrigue you and urge you to learn more on that subject. Boring teachers are out there; just try to learn what you can from them and move on.

Flag Post

A bullwhip

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

That explains a lot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ninjitsu_Pirate:

That explains a lot.

What does explain what.

Flag Post

That explains a lot.

actually i only slept in class once in my only life
and it wasnt really sleep it was a quick nap
and i never skip classes

Flag Post

That explains a lot.

and i never skip classes

Sure.
:3

Flag Post
Originally posted by aguspal:

That explains a lot.

What does explain what.

Stop being so clueless, aguspal.

Flag Post

That explains a lot.

and i never skip classes

Sure.
:3

k

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hamsters_R_Boss:
Originally posted by aguspal:

That explains a lot.

What does explain what.

Stop being so clueless, aguspal.

Ok I dont really even care that much so ignore that.

Flag Post

I don’t really have many boring teachers, it’s rather the curriculum that leads the class to be uneventful. I despise secondary language classes simply because of how dull it is to have to repeat everything.

Other than that my classes are pretty nice ( though you can’t expect a class to be actually “fun” unless you’re in something like PE).

Flag Post

Well, I like my teachers. exceptformypedogymteacher

But sometimes, the class discussion can be rather dull. When that happens, I recommend three things:

1.) Sleep. You get some form of rest during the day! A good nap can help your brain be refreshed and energized.
2.) Doodle. That way you don’t end up falling asleep (if that’s what you’re trying to avoid) and you keep your brain active by doodling but you can still listen to whatever is happening!
3.) Texting. I would save that as a last option due to the fact that you can have your phone taken away (and it is not my fault if you get caught, just saying). I do this in my history class when we’re watching history movies (since our AP test is in a month so we’re relaxing in some form… I guess).

Otherwise beyond doodling, I can’t really think of any other protip for boring teachers. Try participating more in class maybe?

Flag Post

Daydream.

Flag Post

Scream out random words and make everyone in the class laugh.
then get kicked out and be a hero.

Flag Post

Ask them lots of stuff.

Flag Post

I doodle in class, I draw what I listen.

Flag Post

I sleep through the class usually, or if attendance isn’t required, I just don’t go.