Forums Off-topic

looking for lyrics help

7 posts

Flag Post

Hi; I apologize if this post isn’t appropriate and this is the first time I’ve used the music forums here. I’m desperately looking for a song, but can only remember a few tiny lines from the song. I’ve Googled it until I’m ready to scream. Can anyone recommend where I can go, i.e., should I look for a lyrics website? Thanks so much in advance for any help!!!

Flag Post

post the lyrics you know and a little about the song. Is it rock or what?

Flag Post

what song is it?

Flag Post

Thank y’all so much. This is SO embarrassing, because I can only remember tidbits of the lyrics and I know they’re not ‘in order’. I want to say I heard it in the movie, “The Sterling Chase”, but I can’t even find a soundtrack to that anywhere. The lyrics I (think I) know:
“Here we go”
“There’s a reason we’re moving so slow”
“It’s a ready, set, go”
(Again, sorry, that’s literally all I have). It’s a bluesy kind of song with a great harmonic break. A male is singing with a female harmonizing. I swear I’ve searched everywhere to no avail. Can’t even find the movie on Amazon. Forgive the stupidity and I really appreciate the reply.

Flag Post

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UX0IzWBWW9E&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" height="344" width="425"></embed>

Do they sound like the same group?

There is a song that I see mentioned on several sites named “Its a lie” from that movie. That song is on there album “Local”. The group above is call Ho-hum.

Flag Post

Split, you are so precious to try and help me. I’m so sorry, but that’s not the song. I DID just remember a line that is repeated throughout the song….“watch me go”. I also checked the IMDB and the posters all mentioned the music in the movie as being by Ho Hum, just as you stated. Maybe it wasn’t from that movie that I heard this song, but I’m literally baffled that I cannot find anything after hours and hours. Thank you so much for helping me; you don’t know how much you’re appreciated!
p.s.-the line “it’s a ready, set, go” is a definite line I recall, but if I try and Google it I get a message that there are no results. ARRRGH.

Flag Post

I found it. It wasn’t even from the movie. It’s called, ‘Aint Looking Back’ by the Band of Annuals.
Thank y’all so much for your time in trying to help me, esp. you splitlee. I’m very grateful to you and all who tried.