Forums Off-topic

Deadly promotion

15 posts

Flag Post

Imagine that you are a low-ranked imperial officer in Star Wars. You have a decent record and reputation, which makes you the right-hand of the main destroyer admiral. One day, your team is tasked by Darth Vader himself to attack a rebel planet. As soon as the order is issued, you and your superior start working on approaching the objective in a stealthy way. However, the admiral messes up and Darth Vader force chokes him in front of you. He proposes you to take his place.

Do you accept the promotion knowing that he’ll execute you in cold blood if you make a mistake? You will have a better salary and better work conditions. Furthermore, if you survive your job, you may climb enough ranks to become Darth Vader’s superior just like captain Tarkin. If that occurs, you’ll no longer have to fear and respect him. It will be the other way around.

Do you refuse the promotion? If you do, Darth Vader will make sure that you never receive any promotion in the rest of your military career. You’ll be safe, but you won’t get far in life either.

Which one do you choose?

Flag Post

I’ll accept the promotion, then wear a tinfoil hat.

Flag Post

I doubt I would get off that easy if I refused him. I take the former option, as I’m a fairly competent worker.

Flag Post
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

I doubt I would get off that easy if I refused him. I take the former option, as I’m a fairly competent worker.

In that situation, we assume that the only thing Darth Vader would do if you refuse is write a negative comment in your record.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:
Originally posted by uzzbuzz:

In that situation, we assume that the only thing Darth Vader would do if you refuse is write a negative comment in your record.

Well even so, I would stick with the promotion, because it’s better to strive for something. Although in this scenario it’s not really a good thing, but hey, it’s accomplishing more than I would without the promotion.

Flag Post

I’ll accept the promotion, and strive to work flawlessly.

Will you execute me by even making a slight mistake, though? In that case, I don’t think I can last over a month with him cold bloodingly executing me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hamsters_R_Boss:

Will you execute me by even making a slight mistake, though? In that case, I don’t think I can last over a month with him cold bloodingly executing me.

At one point, he tried to kill someone for insulting the force. That said, he is pretty choleric. However, he decided to spare an officer once, so it probably depends on his mood.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:
Originally posted by Hamsters_R_Boss:

At one point, he tried to kill someone for insulting the force. That said, he is pretty choleric. However, he decided to spare an officer once, so it probably depends on his mood.

Well, I seem to have bad luck so I might decline the promotion.

Flag Post

accept
if i deny he would probably choke me too

Flag Post

I accept. What stops him from just killing me then and there if I don’t? Nothing. So either get money and live, or don’t get money and die.

Flag Post

if i deny he would probably choke me too

What stops him from just killing me then and there if I don’t?

He’ll just find someone else to fill the gap while making sure you never get a promotion again by leaving a negative note in your record.

Flag Post

Deadly promonition

Flag Post

Matters. Will I be on the good side or bad?

Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:

Matters. Will I be on the good side or bad?

What do you mean?

Flag Post

I accept, and then i kill Darth Vader because he is a little friend with magic.