Forums Off-topic

Math Help page 2

43 posts

Flag Post

Done and dusted. I’m not underage, everybody, I just dislike giving out my age because it makes people see a certain standard in how good my posts are, knowing my age.

This maths goes way over my head, but meh, you learn it!

Flag Post

1+1=1

Flag Post

7p + 8 + p / 4

The / means divided…anyway if you were to simplify that sum, would it be

8p + 2?

Because I like to further my maths knowledge. We’ve been doing algebra equations in school, but now we’re on boring HCF and LCM. That’s highest common factor and lowest common multiple.

e.g.

HCF of 9 and 60 is 3…
LCM of 4 and 6 is 12…

Okay, the sums are harder, I just can’t up with one slightly harder that definitely has an answer that doesn’t stray far over a hundred. Regardless, easy work. Apparently Set 2, according to friends, is very easy…I can only imagine the easiness of Set 3 (the lower, the better-I’m in 1. There should be minuses! :P)

Flag Post

Yaaaaaay Mario aer smurt!!!111

Flag Post
Originally posted by Slater9731:

1+1=1

how did you work that out

Flag Post

1+1=1

how did you work that out

I wouldn’t reply to your own statements, it makes you look stupid. It would have been better if somebody else had wrote that, but you had to. Be ashamed, Slater. Be ashamed.

Originally posted by Rothycat:

Yaaaaaay Mario aer smurt!!!111

Does that mean I’m smart? :S

Flag Post

Mario,
I don’t know if this is right,
but I would have simplified it like this:
7 and a quarter p + 8
(only ’cause there are no brackets)

Flag Post

ok

Hides in corner, whimpering

Flag Post

Really? Hmm…maybe I don’t get the division right. We’ve done additions and stuff in my class though, how about this answer?

9p – 4 – 3p + 7

The answer, according to our teacher, would be 6p + 3. But she doesn’t seem to be exposing us to truly challenging stuff yet.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mariosuperlative:

Really? Hmm…maybe I don’t get the division right. We’ve done additions and stuff in my class though, how about this answer?

9p – 4 – 3p + 7

The answer, according to our teacher, would be 6p + 3. But she doesn’t seem to be exposing us to truly challenging stuff yet.

huh that doesnt make sense 9-4=5+3=8

Flag Post

Erm…did you even notice the “p”? You’ve got to collect like terms in that maths, I’m afraid, slater. How old are you?

You know, maths doesn’t actually make sense. Any mathematical theory is concocted my humans. Rather strange that we made this wonderous creation, isn’t it?

Originally posted by Oboe_Passion:

7p + 8 + p/4?

There must be brackets or something.

‘Fraid not. Anyway, the teacher knows our pace, she’s a lot better than the other one. I guess, in time, we’ll learn more sophisticated and complex answers.

Flag Post

Erm…did you even notice the “p”? You’ve got to collect like terms in that maths, I’m afraid, slater. How old are you?

You know, maths doesn’t actually make sense. Any mathematical theory is concocted my humans. Rather strange that we made this wonderous creation, isn’t it?

im not goin to reveal my age, but i am quite young and dont fully know about algebra

Flag Post

im not goin to reveal my age, but i am quite young and dont fully know about algebra

I bet you I’m younger than you are.

Flag Post

I bet you I’m younger than you are.

i bet ur not

Flag Post

9p – 4 – 3p + 7

Alright mario, your teacher is right, it goes like this.

9p-3p=6p (that goes first)
-4+7 = 7-4 = 3 (learn your negatives)
=6p + 3

(because it is a positive three, it has a + sign)

Flag Post

Slater, he’s just simplifying the equation down. Since the equation has no = sign we don’t know what we would be solving for.

and yeah Oboe was right if you equation was written 7P + 8 + (P/4) —→ (29P/4)+8

or if your equation was (7P+8+P)/4 → 2P+2

Flag Post

I love maths.
Sadly we are finishing our algebra topic. T-T
Anymore questions?
(And since your all being so secretive, I am 13 and I am doing Year 10 maths at school)

Flag Post

Yeah for Math and Science :)