Forums Off-topic

Stories and Games:The take over

92 posts

Flag Post

Is it just my pineapple express, or is there a ridiculous amount of stories and games taking over off topic. Now i know that old fashioned topics that happen to be interesting are hard to come by in this recession, but do we need to replace them with really bad stories and games? I really am not trying to flame against the creators of the games/stories or the people who enjoy them, but there is a ridiculous amount of it. There is more then half of these games and stories on the first page alone. I think the least we should do, just to keep order, is to have a another sign up directory for stories.

Flag Post

Well, there already a story directory.

Flag Post

A directory that tells you where to go, not to sign up. That isnt gonna stop people from making more stories and before we know it, this cancer will spread and off topic will be reduced to a role playing fantasy for drama geeks.

Flag Post

there is kind of story directory. You cant have a limit of stories or it will be unfair for poeple waiting for a story owner to give there space up.

make story directory a sticky any story that gets made get put on their and gets locked

Flag Post
Originally posted by backupflyingman:

there is kind of story directory. You cant have a limit of stories or it will be unfair for poeple waiting for a story owner to give there space up.

make story directory a sticky any story that gets made get put on their and gets locked

So its fair to have people wait to start games, but its unfair to have people wait for stories?

Flag Post

No. It’s not fair for either. But, you know it’s better this way.

Flag Post

The easiest way is to have a “Forum Stories, Games and Other Similar Threads” section.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pivotman99:

So its cool to have an over flow of stories without waiting and have people wait for games? These stories arent even good.

Flag Post

would u want to wait 3days just so you can post a few pages of waords i see if its good

Flag Post

Most games last a while. For hundreds and thousands of posts. The things that you guys are arguing is really baseless. What your saying is that its alright to have people who have games that will last long wait when people with really bad stories can post them up at will.

Flag Post
Originally posted by re4beast:
Originally posted by pivotman99:

So its cool to have an over flow of stories without waiting and have people wait for games? These stories arent even good.

Actually, there are about seven (out of around seventeen) stories that are actual quality. Less than half. I don’t now this whole craze started, all I did was make a story, then a thought popped into RMcD’s head to make a directory, and with the directory came more stories. Floods of them. I’m the starter of the new take over, and I’m dooming off-topic. :( Why did I even open <pun>my big word document</pun>?

Flag Post

yh i know mine is crap its gonna get deleted

Flag Post

I think people should vote on each story (they should all go up in the directory), whether they think it should stay or go. Fifty people need vote (and hopefully admins will carefully watch alts to see that they don’t vote en masse, especially against the story being kept). Because to be honest, some stories are quite worthy of being in the bin. I’m not going to name names…

Flag Post

Is mine one?

Flag Post

Only a handful are bad. Yours is just a 4,5 or 6 out of 10er. No offence, but it’s not exactly excellent, maybe try improving the pace of your story (don’t rush things) and your grammar? That’s generally the main problem with just about every story on this forum.

Flag Post

some stories are quite worthy of being in the bin. I’m not going to name names…

Like yours? I think someone should deflate that ego of yours.

Flag Post

Okay, let’s be honest.

Right now there might not be any obvious way to solve it besides making a ‘sign-up’ thread, though I don’t think the story situation is as bad as some people are making it out to be. At the same time, I really encourage people to

1. Only have one active story at a time

2. Create a story that you’re actually going to follow through with.

3. If the story is going to be another crappy, standard one… just don’t make it.

Flag Post

I have to agree with Uzumaki, you have a lot to work on before you critique others mario.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UzumakiNaruto:

some stories are quite worthy of being in the bin. I’m not going to name names…

Like yours? I think someone should deflate that ego of yours.

I agree, my ego is empressive (which doesn’t bode well with the fact I hate myself-mutually exclusive, you’d think) But please don’t flame me like that, it is my opinion. My story is not good, but it’s not as bad as some things. Please don’t turn things around and try and make me an enemy. Anyway, I’ve already said the best way is to make a forum, not to delete stories, but if the admins won’t do it, it’s our only choice. :( The dark ages are coming.

Flag Post

I agree, my ego is empressive

Which is why you need to deflate it…

But please don’t flame me like that, it is my opinion

wut? I was just expressing my opinion…

My story is not good, but it’s not as bad as some things.

You seem to act like it’s the best in the forum, though. It’s quite annoying, and yes, it is bad as some things.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marh:

Okay, let’s be honest.

Right now there might not be any obvious way to solve it besides making a ‘sign-up’ thread, though I don’t think the story situation is as bad as some people are making it out to be. At the same time, I really encourage people to

1. Only have one active story at a time

2. Create a story that you’re actually going to follow through with.

3. If the story is going to be another crappy, standard one… just don’t make it.

How about make it somewhat interesting. I read through a lot of these stories and they suck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UzamikiNaruto:

You seem to act like it’s the best in the forum, though. It’s quite annoying, and yes, it is bad as some things.

What? You may have misinterpreted me. Areoin is better, RMcD is better, and a couple of other people too. Just because I think there are stories worse than mine doesn’t mean I think there aren’t any better than mine. And thanks for insulting my story, do you want me to stop writing and give up what I like?

Yes, I understand hypocricy with my dislike of other stories, but I haven’t actually told the people who’s stories I dislike, so I’m not causing them personal emotional pain, like you are causing me. This is the hardest I have ever worked on a story.

Flag Post

What? You may have misinterpreted me. Areoin is better, RMcD is better, and a couple of other people too.

What !

You may have misinterpreted me.

I said that you act like your story is the best. You have that annoying superiority attitude that some other forum users have.

Just because I think there are stories worse than mine doesn’t mean I think there aren’t any better than mine. And thanks for insulting my story, do you want me to stop writing and give up what I like

No, I want you to improve and stop writing bad stories. Oh, and stop clogging up the forum with them.

Yes, I understand hypocricy with my dislike of other stories, but I haven’t actually told the people who’s stories I dislike, so I’m not causing them personal emotional pain, like you are causing me. This is the hardest I have ever worked on a story.

You tell every story I’ve seen that it’s great. Does that make you a liar, too? And “emotional pain”? Lol? It’s nice that it’s the hardest you’ve ever worked on a story, but that doesn’t make it good or great…

Flag Post
Originally posted by UzumakiNaruto:

I agree, my ego is empressive

Which is why you need to deflate it…

But please don’t flame me like that, it is my opinion

wut? I was just expressing my opinion…

My story is not good, but it’s not as bad as some things.

Stop being a meenie!

Flag Post
Originally posted by UzamakiNaruto:

I said that you act like your story is the best. You have that annoying superiority attitude that some other forum users have.

Really? Where have I displayed that? I’d like you to direct me to a post where I have done such a thing.

No, I want you to improve and stop writing bad stories. Oh, and stop clogging up the forum with them.

I’m clogging up the forum by writing ONE freaking story? What the Hell are you talking about? Explain to me what exactly is terrible about my story.

You tell every story I’ve seen that it’s great. Does that make you a liar, too? And “emotional pain”? Lol? It’s nice that it’s the hardest you’ve ever worked on a story, but that doesn’t make it good or great…

Yes, yes. I’ll admit I’m guilty at lying. And for God’s sake, there’s only about three people in my class who write better than me (I’m not trying to be boastful, it’s generally a teacher’s opinion and the opinion of everyone in my class-well they think I’m the best, but it’s wrong). Do you want me to reach some kind of superhuman level like a child prodigy, for God’s sake?

UzamakiNaruto, you are perhaps the worst person I have met on Kongregate. You are completely disrespective of other people and you try and make people feel like they are idiots. You are shooting down everything I say and trying to destroy my very right to actually post by saying it makes you feel sick. You are blatantly expressing that I am incredibly stupid, and you have taken it upon yourself to flame me at every possible opportunity.