Forums Off-topic

Have You Ever Been Banned/Silenced? Did You Feel it was Justified?

89 posts

Flag Post

So from around 8 o’clock yesterday (24 hours ago) I was silenced by arcaneCoder. Right, I don’t hold any ill will towards him, whatever anyone may think. My silencing was perfectly justified, as I was fooling around on a spam thread, and mods can easilly do a lot worse. So I want to ask you the question-which is the topic’s heading, anyway, so I don’t suppose I need to ask you again. Hopefully this won’t get locked.

Flag Post

I’ve been silenced for 24 hours once. One day I logged on, and there I was silenced. No one told me why. It’s still a mystery.

Flag Post

I said hi, and I got silenced. I also got banned for a week once.

Flag Post
Originally posted by evilgenius100:

I’ve been silenced for 24 hours once. One day I logged on, and there I was silenced. No one told me why. It’s still a mystery.

Well, I wondered why at first, and strangely, though he shouted Altheman, who, as far as my knowledge goes, had committed the same crime (same spam thread and all), arcane didn’t shout me why. But I kind of figured it out. To be honest, silences are basically useless, because people can easilly make alts. I chose not to, in case I might forget my password…

Flag Post

ive been silenced for 24 hours 4 times now each time made new chactor to post with while i waited

Flag Post

I remember a topic like this. Almost exact same title.

And;

Spamming in 4 pages = 24 hours silence

One line of chat nuke (not even full just one line) = 24 hours silence

Swearing in caps (1 word) = 24 hours silence

I mean wut?

Flag Post

i use same password

Flag Post
Originally posted by RMcD:

I remember a topic like this. Almost exact same title.

Yeah, well…it’s probably excessively old, and this is made now, with quite a few posts on it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pivotman99:

I have no idea why someone would ban/silence you.

[sarcasm/]

Flag Post
Originally posted by iwagon:
Originally posted by pivotman99:

I have no idea why someone would ban/silence you.

[sarcasm/]

<sarcasm>I also have no idea, pivotman. You are such a courteous and mature user.</sarcasm>

Seriously, though, was that actually the offence? (saying hi)

Flag Post

Yeah my silences were justified. I have been silenced 3 times. I remember i was silenced twice in 3 days.

Flag Post

Hi

no im gonna be banned no no no i cant nooooooooo no non on non on on non

i cant even spell no

Flag Post

Yeah I said hi. No one did anything I said hi again and I was silenced.

Flag Post

Yeah. I’ve been banned twice. I felt they were justified, seeing as how I asked for them.

Flag Post

I was silenced once for bad language in chat rooms.

Flag Post

Ive never been silenced or banned. ^^ (I must be really good at dodging mods. :P)

Flag Post

I’ve never been banned or silenced, because I’m a good little zebra!

Flag Post
Originally posted by AbusedZebra:

I’ve never been banned or silenced, because I’m a good little zebra!

I thought being abused caused you to act out in violent ways towards the world, owing to not being able to do that to your abuser due to their power. You must have perfect self-control. And this was my first silence, my friend StinkyCheeseLady has had a load of fifteen and sixty minute ones for spamming the chat…I wish my first silence experience could have been short, but there you go.

Flag Post

I was silenced together with flyingman and mariosuperlative. Good fun though it was, I thought it was unfounded..
So I sent Kongregate a mail where I told them what I though of their silencing..

And since I could not post anything, I decided to read old threads in the Off-topic section. There have been SOOOO many locks! It seems that when the mods themselves feel that the thread is done. they lock it.. strange. Why cant the people posting decide when a thread is finished, by the thread dieing…?

I feel the locks and silences for spamming are way to strict. Do the mods not want fun on the forum…? I thought that was what the off-topic section was all about..

Flag Post

Yes, I was silenced once for “spamming” on a day I only posted 3 things on the forums…

Flag Post

lol i feel a rebelion coming on

Flag Post

i got silenced for posting to many times 24 hours aswell

Flag Post
Originally posted by traktortoff:

I was silenced together with flyingman and mariosuperlative. Good fun though it was, I thought it was unfounded..

So I sent Kongregate a mail where I told them what I though of their silencing..

And since I could not post anything, I decided to read old threads in the Off-topic section. There have been SOOOO many locks! It seems that when the mods themselves feel that the thread is done. they lock it.. strange. Why cant the people posting decide when a thread is finished, by the thread dieing…?

I feel the locks and silences for spamming are way to strict. Do the mods not want fun on the forum…? I thought that was what the off-topic section was all about..

If you wanted that thing about the evil thread, you could have signed it up in games, they might have accepted it (as long as it was a concrete thing, like everyone post “Originally posted by The Thread: Blahblahblah”, and it could have been some sort of RP…

Also, Altheman got silenced too.

Flag Post

[deleted]

Flag Post

next mod that looks at this can you tell me what things you can do to get banned/silenced and how long will it be