Forums Off-topic

If you were offered to become a mod

56 posts

Flag Post

Would you say yes or no?

Flag Post

Yes, so I could access the super secret mod forum.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

No.

Flag Post

I’d say no.

Flag Post

Yes. I need those inappropriate username bans and mod forum.

Flag Post

Considering that I’m friends with a few mods (even one from this forum) and have heard their stories of what being a mod entails I would probably pass at this point in time. A few reasons as for why:

• It is highly unlikely that they’d ask a user of less than one year to become a mod.
  • I have yet to earn the respect of other OTers.
  • I’m currently the President of two clubs, Co-Chair/President of another club, leadership team of another club
  • I’m currently in the Youth Leadership Board of a non-profit organization. I am currently working on two workshops that I will be presenting for a conference that the non-profit hosts that is coming up (next week actually). I’m also–throughout the year–going to be doing presentations and workshops for teachers and school administrations (eg. present ideas of ways to include gender neutral bathrooms, how to make classes inclusive for LGBTQA students and other discriminated students, etc).
  • I’m now part of the Youth Artistic Committe as the Youth Music Director in a youth LGBTQ theatre program so my new job as the Music Director entails working on my own individual pieces of music and creating pieces for other students in the group to perform together. I’m also–as part of the theatre group–working on a piece with other students to perform at the conference that I mentioned above.
  • As my seventh year, this is my last year in my state youth orchestra so I’m busy with that.
  • I’m applying for colleges this year and anyone who knows what Common App is can tell you this is a nightmare for applications currently.

With those reasons above, there is a reason why I tend to avoid certain comments/posts related to this subject for those who have been asking what I think about this. So with that, I hope those same people who keep asking (- cough – Clumpy stahp accusing plz – cough -) will stop asking.

I already have previous experience from other forums as I have been an admin/moderator/webmaster on several forums and VoIPs in the past. However I’d have to say that Kongregate is on a different league from what I am used to (Kongregate has thousands of users, the largest I’ve ever had to moderate was 100-300) and seeing actual and hearing from actual Kongregate moderators about what they do, I’d say that people tend to underestimate how much the moderators on Kongregate do behind the scenes and what their capabilities actually are/aren’t.

With that being said, I think anyone who says yes to this thread (and the main thread on Kongregate of users who plead to become moderators) should think of what the job actually entails and how much time you’re willing to actually put into this.

That was my (extremely long) two cents on this subject.

Edit:

Originally posted by occooa:

Yes. I need those inappropriate username bans and mod forum.

I vote Cocoa for mod. Tehe.

Flag Post

Yes. If i would be a mod, there will be a bit less spammer in kongregate. (I will ban them)

Flag Post

No, it’s doing work on a gaming page, for free.

Originally posted by Gabidou99:

Yes. If i would be a mod, there will be a bit less spammer in kongregate. (I will ban them)

You’ll have to ban yourself to do that then 8).

Flag Post
Originally posted by juanpy:

No, it’s doing work on a gaming page, for free.

Originally posted by Gabidou99:

You’ll have to ban yourself to do that then 8).

I’m not a spammer – _ -

Flag Post

Sure, it’s not a very difficult job.

Flag Post

It would depend on the circumstances. But I’d bet against the offer ever being made.

Flag Post

No, I will have nothing to do with that unholy consortium

Flag Post

yes

Flag Post

Of course yes.

Flag Post

It’s mostly banning retards and power tripping so why not.

Flag Post

id spit in the face of the proposer and walk away while saying all mods are scum, im not joining the dumpster

Flag Post

Eh, I would accept, but the chances of me being a mod are less than minimal.

Flag Post

Normal mod – No
Global mod – Yes
Normal forum mod – No
Forum mod with power – Yes

Flag Post

Yes, because I actually KNOW how to run a forum

#disstoallforummoderators
#swag2013

Flag Post

Probably not, I’d be too lenient and then the forums would be flooded with more idiots.