Forums Off-topic

Help with Surewest - Question

7 posts

Flag Post

Hello there folks! For those of you in the United States I have a quick question. Considering tonight Surewest’s tech support is deciding to not pick up, their website doesn’t answer my questions, and Google isn’t helping I’d like to put this on Kongregate and ask for your advice! Currently I’m trying to look at Surewest as a replacement for Comcast considering it’s way too damn expensive now, they’re overcharging me. So the question is, does Surewest have a data cap/download limit for their internet? If so, what is it? If anyone’s interested I’m looking towards information in California. Please help! Damn tech support isn’t helping and it’s the only ISP besides Comcast in the area. ATT isn’t available either. ;( Serious answers would be appreciated!

Flag Post

Call Comcast and tell them you are interested in looking into another provider. They will drop prices faster than Skrillex can drop the bass.

Flag Post

I’ve already threatened to change ISP’s multiple times, they just screw with us even more.

Flag Post

I’ve had the opposite experience with Comcast. After having multiple disruptions from them I threatened to switch. I am now paying for 20Mbit/s and they are providing 50Mbit/s.

Don’t even attempt to look into ATT. They are garbage at their best. Comcast is attempting to buy out Warner Cable if I recall correctly which would explain the price increase.

Flag Post

Ah, we’ve had a price increase from $60 to $80 in a month. We threatened to change ISP’s and they just rose it even more. It’s terrible, reason I may just switch to DirectTV for cable and Surewest for net, that’s why I was curious. Comcast has amazing speeds but the prices are murdering my paycheck.

Flag Post

$80 per month? That is pure robbery if you aren’t getting more than 100MBit/s with cable. I don’t know much about either company you are looking into, but if complaining isn’t working then you really should switch. Good luck with your search.

Flag Post

We’re currently getting 50mb internet plus just basic cable. It is robbery, I just don’t want to switch. I love my service!