Forums Off-topic

This thread contains DISCUSSION VALUE!!!

5 posts

Flag Post

Well I lied. Actually I dont know if this is a legit thread or not but I dont have anything to lose:

What do you think about the whole DISCUSSION VALUE thingy? Supposedly this means a thread needs to contain a certain topic to talk about right? So long as that is respected, along with the other guidelines (who actually reads them BTW? It all can be summed up as “use your common sence” you dont really even need to look at the thread lol)

However where this fall is on what do the mods consider as “DISCUSSION VALUE”? Where exactly do they draw their line? Other than the already mentioned stuff I mean. Do you agree with their definition of the DISCUSSION VALUE Or do you think it could be changed up a bit?

I personally think that anything that respects the guidelines should go. The whole "locking because of POTENTIAL (but not yet) troll material is a bit overdone- again just IMO. It seems a bit severe at times lol no offense xD.

Btw because even I am tired of this I will try to end this post on a happy note and say I am ok with the actual moderation overall I was just wondering if we could talk about the whole DISCUSSION VALUE Thingy on an actual thread lol….

Maybe not and if so I just wasted 10 mins of my life writing this POS Wall… why I am even doing this?

Flag Post

Wow not even I want to read all that shit maybe I should just delete this!

Flag Post

Discussion value = intellectual thought. It will never happen on this forum simply because the posters here act like their balls just dropped. Ultimately a discussion thread will spark debate or thought from the reader. It is actually extremely easy to tell when you have made a post with discussion value. This post, for example, is one with discussion value.

Flag Post

Well I actually was interested in plenty of threads that got locked right after the fact so not sure if I got thw point…

Also I am SURE as ALL HELL there have been numerous debates around here…. not all that hard to find them even in OT.

Flag Post

Also I am SURE as ALL HELL there have been numerous debates around here…. not all that hard to find them even in OT.

“Which tastes better? Crayon or purple?” Those aren’t debates. Threads tend to get locked because of derailment. As I mentioned in my last post:

It will never happen on this forum simply because the posters here act like their balls just dropped.

Even if you post an intellectual post, the posters here will get it locked or derail it so much that all purpose is lost.