Forums Off-topic

Wow, what happened to this place?

15 posts

Flag Post

I’m an old user from about 2011, posting on an Alt. to preserve my identity.

So for the past few days, i’ve been lurking, and turns out, the quality of the forums went down completely MFT is gone, there is only one moderatior, who everyone seems to hate, and the MLP thread has been unlocked.

Normally I didn’t care in the past about whether it was locked or not, the reason being it was amusing to see users like MFT and InsomniaManiac loved to try to get it locked. MFT was all talk, but InsomniaManiac actually tried to get it locked by spamming it. Naturally, due to the insane amount of protection that thread gets compared to others, it never was locked. This brings me to the next thing: Users

In the past, there have been users that were downright amusing. Rodinco, for example: His ignorance was amusing. Zamininc: His threads were downright amusing, thought they ended up being locked. (How he evaded a ban so long is beyond me). InsomniaManiac was such a dipshit that it was fun to see his ignorance once in a while (for some reason he couldn’t decide whether he was a brony or not). And anyone remember the crownies? In early 2012, that crow guy (he uses a bunch of crow puns in his usernames) had a grooup called “crownies”. Basically a group of people with some kind of crow fetish. MFT: I’m pretty sure all of you know who he is.

The moderators were less strict too. Won’t go into detail on this though. Don’t want the thread locked.

Threads were also waaay more amusing. just look back at the 2011 2012 threads. you will see what i mean.

Flag Post

stits

Flag Post

Great summary, 10/10 for accuracy but 3/10 for execution.

Communities change and stuff. I don’t think moderation is any more or less strict than it has been in the past.

The reason it looks like such a shithole at the moment, all the locked threads and what not, probably says more about the kind of crap people are posting here than strictness of moderation.

But apparently spamming the fuck out of the forum with hate threads and bandwagons is the best way to bring this forum back to life.

Carry on.

Flag Post

Things change. Get over it.

Flag Post

That all changed when the Fire Nation attacked

Flag Post

I remember way back in 2008, those were the days. We had Vanguarde as the resident troll and DMinor posted on a regular basis. Froggy and Gevock were the main mods (and occasionally Ducky would show up). The OT council, actually existed. Good times, good times.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TerribleToaster:

I remember way back in 2008, those were the days. We had Vanguarde as the resident troll and DMinor posted on a regular basis. Froggy and Gevock were the main mods (and occasionally Ducky would show up). The OT council, actually existed. Good times, good times.

Hey, you are still alive.
Or sentient, whatever

Flag Post

That all changed when Fork in Toaster Nation attacked.

Flag Post

lol remember my first account

Flag Post
Originally posted by Haruhion:
Originally posted by TerribleToaster:

Hey, you are still alive.
Or sentient, whatever

How do I still have more posts than you?

Flag Post

How do I still have more posts than you?

Everyone surpasses me on post count, i post very scarcely these days, i rather lurk.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gevock:

That all changed when Fork in Toaster Nation attacked.

the what in the what what

OP confirmed for InsomniaManiac looooooooool

Flag Post

Well you came at a bad time, because people have just been spamming hate threads towards Stots constantly the last couple weeks because he’s a new mod. But I agree that the forums aren’t the same as they used to be and that the community isn’t as close as it was a few years ago.

Also MFT is still here actually. :)

http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/WhiteMansWorld

Flag Post

by group of people with a crow fetish you mean one guy who created 100s of alts and spammed the forums trying to convince everybody that it was a meme?

Flag Post

have i achieved celebrity status