Forums Off-topic

Hallucent's Official "Don't Let MmeBunneh Starve" Page

146 posts

Flag Post

As most of you may know, MmeBunneh is atrocious at cooking. I’m devoting this page to helping her master the art of putting food on the table.

No more burning things in a microwave.
No more setting burritos on fire.
No more (literally) blowing up your kitchen.

If anyone has some vegetarian recipes for bunny (or anyone else, it’s open to everyone), please feel free to share them here. Why on earth someone would want to be vegetarian is beyond me, but to each his own I suppose.

Recipes

I’m trying to keep these as simple as possible so you don’t burn your neighborhood down.

Squash and Onions

-Squash (however much you plan to eat. Usually 2 large ones is fine for a single person)
-Onion (1/2 of a large onion will usually do the trick)
-Olive Oil

Put about 2 tablespoons of olive oil in your pan on medium heat. Slice your squash (like you would slice a tomato) and dice your onions. Throw all of that into your pan, and stir it around every minute or two.
This should take about 10 minutes. When done, the squash should be very soft and the onions will be slightly brown. Salt and pepper to taste.

Spaghetti
This recipe should feed you for multiple days with leftovers, or feed a group all at once. Feel free to remove vegetables that you might not like from the recipe.

-1 package of spaghetti noodles
-1 large jar of spaghetti sauce (Ragu, Prego, etc)
-1 onion
-2 green bell peppers
-1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
-1 large tomato

First, you’re going to want to cook your sauce. Get a large pot, and put your jar of sauce in there. Now dice your onion, peppers, mushrooms, and tomato. You’re gonna want them to be somewhat small. Throw all the vegetables in the pot with your sauce. Put the pot on SIMMER (if your stove doesn’t have a place for simmer, it’s usually when the burner is on 10% or so).
You should come back every once in a while to stir your sauce, just to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom or burn.

After you’ve let your sauce simmer for a couple of hours (it has to be a while in order to cook your vegetables), put some water in a different pot. Do not fill the pot up, put just enough to submerge your package of noodles. Now turn your burner on high (you should have 1 pot on simmer and 1 pot on high at this point) and wait until the water boils. This should take 5-10 minutes. Do not let it overflow.

When the water comes to a boil, throw your package of noodles in the water and continue to stir them every few minutes until they are done. This should take 8-12 minutes.

Now turn off your burners. Strain your spaghetti to get the water out. Once that is finished, you’re now ready to eat.

Crispy Seasoned Fries

-Potatoes. The number you need depends on the size, but you want enough so that when you slice it, you can cover a whole oven pan.
-Season salt (Lowry’s, Old Bay, etc)
-Olive Oil

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Take your potatoes and slice them up however you’d like. They should be no larger than the width of your thumb. Cover an oven pan with your sliced potatoes (though I recommend spraying the pan with no-stick PAM or something), being careful not to stack them on top of each other.
Now get your olive oil, and cover your potatoes. You don’t need much, just 3-4 tablespoons will do fine. When that’s done, take your season salt and cover them to your taste.

When your oven is preheated, put your pan in there for 30 minutes. Take them out, and use a spatula to get the fries off the pan. They may or may not stick to the pan. Serve with ketchup or whatever you like to put your fries in.

Banana Bread

-2 cups all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-1/2 cup butter
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-2 eggs (go ahead and crack these into a small bowl by themselves)
-2 cups bananas (make sure they’re over-ripe. The peel should be turning dark brown, and be somewhat soft to the touch)
-A pinch of salt

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Take a small loaf pan and spray it. If you don’t have any, just lightly coat the inside with olive/vegetable oil.

Combine your baking soda and flour in a bowl, and add a pinch of salt. Stir it together.
In another bowl, combine your butter and brown sugar. Stir that up a bit, then add in your bananas, but make sure they’re mashed up nicely before you do. Beat your eggs, then throw them in your second bowl with the brown sugar and bananas.

Now you want to mix both of your bowls together. Stir that up as much as you can until it is fairly consistent. Put the mixture into your bread pan.

Put the loaf pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour. Let the loaf sit for about 15 minutes, and you’ll be ready to eat.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich

-2 pieces of bread
-Cheese
-Butter/Margarine

Put your pan on the stove on medium heat. Spray your pan with no-stick spray if you have any. When your pan gets hot, put your two pieces of bread in the pan. Let them sit for about 10 seconds. Check the bottom to see if they are toasted, and if they are remove them from the pan. Do not toast the other side yet. These are going to be the inside of your sandwich. Place your cheese between the two pieces of bread, on the parts that you toasted (I like to use a chunk of Sharp Cheddar and just cut a few small pieces to put on the sandwich, but you may use whatever you like. Kraft Singles are perfectly fine). Butter the top of your sandwich (it makes the bread softer when you do it this way. Makes for a cheesier sandwich) and throw it back on the pan. Flip every 15 seconds or so until you have it browned like you want it.

Flag Post

Reserved

Flag Post

10/10, would boomer(Waitforit)Bang

Flag Post

If anyone has some vegetarian recipes for bunny please feel free to share them here.

she might as well starve.

Flag Post

Oh my gosh Hallu, this is amazing. You actually also reminded me to turn off the stoves and what not too. I’m going to bookmark this, whee! Guess I’ll try to make something from this tomorrow.

Thanks so much for helping me earlier too, I seriously can’t believe I wasted two tortillas before you helped me.

Flag Post

ahem, thief

next time check before making a thread

Flag Post
Originally posted by VoodooCoffeeGuy:

ahem, thief

Check your privilege.

Flag Post

Oh wow 10/10 post Hallu, serious.
Almond Butter Rice Crisp Treats (No oven for fears of house burning to the ground)

Ingredients

-1/2 cup chunky almond butter

-1/2 cup brown rice syrup

-1 tbsp pure vanilla extract

-1 tbsp Earth Balance (or non-dairy spread)1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste

-3.5 cups Nature’s Path GF Rice Crisp Cereal

-Chocolate drizzle: 1/4

-1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1 tbsp almond butter, pinch salt

-Shredded coconut, to garnish

Instructions

-1. Prepare an 8 inch by 8 inch square pan, by lining it with parchment paper on both sides.

-2. In a large pot over low-medium heat, add the brown rice syrup, Earth Balance, almond butter, and salt. Stir well until combined and heated through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.

-3.. Stir in 3.5 cups of rice crisp cereal until thoroughly combined.

-4. Scoop into pan and spread evenly. Press down with fingers or roll flat with pastry roller. Place in freezer to set for 5 minutes while you make the chocolate glaze.

-5. In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips. Microwave for about 60 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn. Stir in the almond butter and pinch of salt.

-6. Remove pan from freezer and drizzle or spread with melted chocolate mixture. Sprinkle with coconut and place in the freezer until firm, about 15 minutes. Slice into squares. Bars will hold their shape quite well at room temperature, but you can store in the fridge to ensure the chocolate stays solid.
Notes: 1) You can use any nut butter you like. If you use a smooth variety, you can add some chopped nuts for more crunch. 2) Brown rice syrup is used in this recipe because it is a great binder and it holds together these treats. If you use another liquid sweetener, I can’t guarantee that they will hold together as well.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Caravine:
Originally posted by VoodooCoffeeGuy:

ahem, thief

Check your privilege.

He could atleast acknowledge that the link contains more recipes. Also, you have been confirmed for a gay ass liberal hippie.

Flag Post

Whoa, maybe by the time my roommate comes back next week I’ll be like an amazing cook. Wah, thanks so much for the recipe Fishy and also for that thread too Voodoo. This is seriously fantastic, I’ve been wondering what to eat for days so I guess I finally can create a shopping list for the grocery!

Flag Post

Tomato Toast

INGREDIENTS: 1 can Campbell’s tomato soup
2 slices American cheese
Toast

RECIPE: Pour can of soup into pot. Do not add water. Add cheese.
Heat until cheese is melted, stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
Pour over toast.

Flag Post

Water:
Get a cup or a glass.
Turn on faucet to “cold”.
Put water under faucet and fill with water until it’s at desired capacity.
Enjoy!

Seriously, I’ve got some bomb recipes all the cool cats and kittens should try. Let’s start with a simple one:
Ramen with an Egg:
Ramen Noodles/Angel Hair Noodles
Eggs
Green Onions
Garlic Cloves (Skinned)
Soy Sauce
Salt
Saffron
Paprika
Mushrooms

I’m not going to baby anybody for this recipe, if you can’t make ramen you’re aviless.

First, boil water in a pot. This will be the broth. You’ll want around 6 cups of water for this.
When the water is boiling, toss in five or six green onion stalks, 3 skinned garlic cloves, and mushrooms. Boil for about ten minutes and then lower to a simmer for around 2 hours. Once this is done allow it to cool on the stove. In the meantime prepare the noodles.

For every 9 ounces of noodle you’ll want 8 cups of water. This recipe calls for 9 ounces of noodle so that’s what we’re doing.
Boil 8 cups of water and add the noodles. Once you’ve added the noodles strain the soup into a bowl and fish out the mushrooms. Place the mushrooms aside and toss the rest. Put the broth back in the pot and put it back on the stove, and bring to a boil. Once it’s at a boil add 4 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon of paprika, and a pinch of saffron. Lower the broth to a simmer. Once the noodles are done, place the noodles into bowls, pour the broth into the bowls with the noodles, and place the mushrooms into the bowls. Then, for everybody who wants one, crack an egg over the bowl. You may also add other toppings such as sliced green onions and bean sprouts.

EDIT: If you want to be lazy then prepare top ramen and just crack an egg into the bowl.

Flag Post

I’d love to see pictures of some food you cook, actually.

Flag Post

Tl;dr

EDIT: Bunneh, don’t eat the deer, it’s not for eating, pls

Flag Post

My culinary expertise:
Burnt Toast
Step 1: Turn toaster to full power.
Step 2: Insert bread into toaster.
Step 3: Forget about toaster and go off and do something else.
Step 4: Come back 5 minutes later and see your cold toast.
Step 5: Put your toast back in the toaster to warm it up. Repeat Step 3.
Step 6: Come back to your charcoal black toast. Have an inner battle about whether to eat toast or not.
Step 7: Eat your miserable toast.
Step 8: Wait 24 hours to restart the cycle.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Boomibom:

Tl;dr

EDIT: Bunneh, don’t eat the deer, it’s not for eating, pls

this

Flag Post

Too complex.
Why not just eat bread & butter + water?

Flag Post

That banana bread sounds crazy delicious.

Flag Post

bread with peanut butter
step 1: put peanut butter on bread
step 2: eat

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Oh this is great

Flag Post

Unfortunately since MmeBunneh doesn’t eat meat my human flesh recipes won’t do her any good.

Flag Post

Simple Cinnamon Toast:

1: Get two slices of bread.
2: Lie them down on a baking sheet.
3. Get some butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
4. Spread the butter on the bread (might have to soften butter first)
5. Put enough sugar on the bread to completely cover it.
6. Do the same with the cinnamon (you can vary the amounts used if you like)
7. Put your oven on broil and put the baking sheet with the bread on it inside the oven.
8. Check oven very often, broil cooks very fast, your toast shouldn’t take more than a few minutes to cook.
9. Take out of oven and eat.

Sorry for the lack of proper amounts to add, I’ve never actually measured the ingredients, I just wing it whenever I make it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by yeasy:

Too complex.
Why not just eat bread & butter + water?

Because I just got my blood test results back (that I took right before I moved from my hometown) and they’re completely wretched haha. I’ve been trying to figure out how to make food since then but apparently I can’t subsidize my entire meals on mango juice, bread, and butter anymore.

Also I hate peanut butter and grapes. I have ten food allergies too, sob.

Gosh thank you all so much for the recipes! I’m going to try to figure out my shopping list thing now and then try to make something either today (if I’m not too terrified of the stove after yesterday with my tortillas) or tomorrow. Either way this is something I definitely needed, especially with reminding me to turn off the stoves too!

Flag Post

super secret recipe!!!!

1. acquire corn
2. eat it

:>>>>>>>>>