Forums Off-topic

KOFT (Kongregate Official Football Thread)

732 posts

Flag Post

Current discussion as of 10/03/2010: Champions League, domestic leagues, etc.

Talk about the latest football matches here! Who do you think will win the Champions League? What about the Premier League? Who will win the World Cup? Discuss about it here!

Please fill out this in order to post*:

<b>My name is</b> ?
<b>I'm from</b> ?
<b>My favourite football team(s) is</b> ?
<b>My favourite championships are</b> ?

* If you are going to post frequently. (not that important if you don’t post it)

(Go to this topic’s last page or post to see what we’re currently talking about)

Football is Association football (soccer), not American football…

Flag Post

I might as well post in this thread, although I’m not too well up on anything other than the English competitions, the Champion’s League, and the UEFA Cup.
Oh yeah, the form:
My (Kong) Name Is: Alvin
I’m From: England
Favourite Football Team(s): Huddersfield Town (English League 1 side (the third tier of English professional football), finished 9th this season), Arsenal (my favourite Premiership team, play awesome football), Vandenberg FC (my six-a-side team :P).
Favourite Championships: English Premiership and Champion’s League; they’re the most accessible to me.

I think Manchester United will win the Champion’s League, mainly because they have a really good defence, as well as an attacking threat, whereas Barcelona, whilst having an awesome attack, seem to lack something in defence, especially now with both first choice full backs suspended for the final.
If anyone saw the Manchester United – Arsenal semifinal, do you think Fletcher was unlucky to be sent off? I personally don’t, but I know many pundits and ‘experts’ disagree…

Would be nice for this thread to be quite active, ’tis often quite difficult to talk about sport of any kind on here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AlvinFlummox:

I think Manchester United will win the Champion’s League, mainly because they have a really good defence, as well as an attacking threat, whereas Barcelona, whilst having an awesome attack, seem to lack something in defence, especially now with both first choice full backs suspended for the final.
If anyone saw the Manchester United – Arsenal semifinal, do you think Fletcher was unlucky to be sent off? I personally don’t, but I know many pundits and ‘experts’ disagree…

Would be nice for this thread to be quite active, ’tis often quite difficult to talk about sport of any kind on here.

Barcelona have a good defense. Puyol, Piqué, Márquez, Abidal (Not going to play), and many others which are great. What players of Barcelona aren’t going to play?

Let’s hope it is. I made this thread because I saw many posts in a thread I made where it talked about Chelsea vs. Barça, yesterday’s match.

About yesterday’s match, was it really unfair? I saw news where it said that the Norwish referee refereed very bad. I have been told that he missed 3 penalties, amazing. Anyway, @ Chelsea fans: Don’t get angry at Barça for the bad refereeing, get angry at the referee.

One-thousandth post.

Flag Post

Name is: Penguin
I’m from: Ireland, although Irish football is suckish
My favourite football team is: Manchester United woohoo
My favourite championships are: I only really watch Premier League and everthing that revolves around the teams in it.

UNITED FOR THE QUAD

Flag Post

@ penguinwasher: So, you don’t watch the IFA Premiership, or FAI League of Ireland, (Wikipedia shows 2 results, don’t know which it is) why don’t you watch it?

Flag Post

Well how many good players have you heard come from the Irish League?

Flag Post

Robby Keane. No-one else… :P Last time I heard of him was in 2006 or 2005, a long time… Oh, of course, Duff, he’s good, I haven’t heard of him in a while neither…

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

I think Barça will win the Liga, the Copa del Rey and the Champions League.

QFT

Name is: Calvo
I’m from: wales
My favourite football team is: BARCA
My favourite championships are: english prem and la liga

Flag Post

They came from Ireland but didnt play in the Irish League

Flag Post
Originally posted by penguinwasher:

They came from Ireland but didnt play in the Irish League

Everyone starts at their homecountry, they must’ve too. Maybe in a small team and suddenly bought by a large team from a non-Irish country.

Flag Post

The league is a lot different from some crappy-ass village in the middle of nowhere

Flag Post

i thought that was all irish teams were

Flag Post

How’s the UEFA going? I’ve got no idea how it is at the moment and what teams are playing. Are they in the semi’s, final, etc.?

Flag Post

the champions league is in the final
and the cup is in the semis tonight

Flag Post

Champions League:
Final
Barcelona vs Manchester
Rome, 27 May 8:45 PM

UEFA Cup:
Semifinals
Shakhtar vs Dynamo Kyiv
Hamburg vs Bremen
Today.

Flag Post

yeah thats it
im watchin hamberg breman now

Flag Post

fail soccer…
every sport not developed in canada or the u.s. fails.

Flag Post

So you dont like hockey?

Flag Post
Originally posted by amanningman18:

fail soccer…

im guessing your american then
and i love the way you have the world championship’s when only american or canadian teams play in it, becasue then you never lose!

Flag Post

fail soccer…

See jaume, The common american/canadian response
“I don’t care about any other country but my own!”
Anyway
Name:samb278
Favorite football team(s):Liverpool (premiership), Ipswich (championship), Barcelona (la liga) Lyon (french)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Calvo981:

fail soccer…

im guessing your american then
and i love the way you have the world championship’s when only american or canadian teams play in it, becasue then you never lose!

Exactly! :
“Here we are in the Baseball World Cup. We’re in the final between Japan and the USA.”

Lol. Same happens in cricket and rugby, sadly, but in football there are over 10 or 12 countries that have won the World Cup. And there are always great teams, so many good teams that most can’t clasifficate… Football is great, with awsome players from around the world, from Brazil, to England, from Portugal to Ivory Coast, etc.

Originally posted by samb278:

fail soccer…

See jaume, The common american/canadian response
“I don’t care about any other country but my own!”
Anyway
Name:samb278
Favorite football team(s):Liverpool (premiership), Ipswich (championship), Barcelona (la liga) Lyon (french)

Fail…

Flag Post

I live in the U.S., and people look down on me because of what other americans say.
Example:

fail soccer…

And now Americans are being called idiots who only care about their own country.
This is just horrible.

Flag Post

bremen are winning 3-1 agg 3-2
just to let you know

Flag Post

Please change the title to futbol or soccer.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pokarnor:

I live in the U.S., and people look down on me because of what other americans say.
Example:

fail soccer…

And now Americans are being called idiots who only care about their own country.
This is just horrible.

I wouldn’t say that Americans are idiots. No one said that. But if someone doesn’t want to post frequently in this thread and just posts to spam and criticize the most played, and therefore the best sport in the world, then it would be better if they just don’t come.

Originally posted by Calvo981:
bremen are winning 3-1 agg 3-2
just to let you know

Who’s agg? Dynamo Kyiv or Shakhtar Donetsk?

Originally posted by Lordtatertots:

Please change the title to futbol or soccer.

Futbol? I mean, lol, wtf?! Soccer? No. I did put Football = Soccer below the first post for no confusions, it’s clear enough. And if you think this is American football, you’ll see that you don’t know what Barça, La Liga, Premiership League, ChampionsLeague, etc. are.