Forums Off-topic

Aldous Huxley - Brave New World

21 posts

Flag Post

Who’s read Brave New World?? Let us discuss this brilliant dystopia! I personally really loved that so much of it was based on actual biology.

Flag Post

Billy Mays hates that

Flag Post
Originally posted by Erim:

Billy Mays loves that

Flag Post

I love brave new world! It has to be my favorite book.

For some reason, alot of the SD’ers remind me of Mustapha Mond.

Flag Post

Thank me Traud, since i commented…people commented this shit

Flag Post

That guy was awesome. he had the answers to everything. Lol, a lot of SDers pack too much info into their posts. But I guess I do too when I get passionate. When I come across paragraphs upon paragraphs of text, I can’t bring myself to read through it, lol.

edit: Thank you Erim, for calling this shit, and bringing traffic to my thread! Come, come! Bring Erim laud.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Traud:

That guy was awesome. he had the answers to everything. Lol, a lot of SDers pack too much info into their posts. But I guess I do too when I get passionate. When I come across paragraphs upon paragraphs of text, I can’t bring myself to read through it, lol.

edit: Thank you Erim, for calling this shit, and bringing traffic to my thread! Come, come! Bring Erim laud.

TL;DR
Stopped at Bring Erim Laud

Flag Post

Thank me Traud, since i commented…people commented this shit

I was going to comment it anyway.

Well of course he did. He was running a society based on logic. Everything has a reason. :P

Flag Post

Ok I can totally haul more comments. hey Sunny, I think you’re totally annoying.

Flag Post

Anyone notice that the way he approached sex was completely opposite to the way Big Brother ran things in 1984?

Flag Post

Ok I can totally haul more comments. hey Sunny, I think you’re totally awesome.

Fix’d.

Flag Post

Never read the book, but I’ve heard a lot of great things about it. Definitely a highly-praised book, that’s for sure.

Flag Post

I have no idea what this thread is about. Please, continue.

Flag Post

Anyone notice that the way he approached sex was completely opposite to the way Big Brother ran things in 1984?

I haven’t read 1984, but I do have a copy of a letter that Huxley sent to George Orwell that relates to 1984, along with todays society.

“Within the next generation I believe that the world’s rullers will discover that infant and narco-hypnosis are more effecient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as flogging them and kicking them into obedience. In other words, I fell that the nightmare of Ninteen Eighty-Four is destined to modulate into the nightmare of a world having more resemblance to that which I imagined in Brave New World. The change will be brought about by a need for increased efficiency. Meanwhile, of course, there may be a large scale biological and atomic war-in which case we shall have nightmares of other and scarcely imaginable kinds.
Thank you once again for the book.

Yours sincerely,
Aldous Huxley"

I thought that you might be interested in reading it.

Flag Post

If 1984 ever happens I’m doing it with whoever I can, then an hero’ing.

Flag Post

Whoaaa. Nice find! One key difference between the two books was that, in 1984, everyone lived in extreme poverty. In Brave New World, people had all sorts of leisures and entertainment that it would be impossible to be bored or unhappy.

Lol, I think Huxley is saying, “I loved your book, but I’m more right.”

Flag Post

Lol, I think Huxley is saying, “I loved your book, but I’m more right.”

Pretty much, though I’m more inclined to believe with Huxley on this issue. I think he’s probably right.

Flag Post

One thing I think Huxley was a bit vague about was how all the countries combined into one government. Huxley’s ideas about humans are spot on, but his descriptions of the governments are a bit less thorough.
After a new world order comes around I can definitely imagine that happening.

Flag Post

One thing I think Huxley was a bit vague about was how all the countries combined into one government. Huxley’s ideas about humans are spot on, but his descriptions of the governments are a bit less thorough.

After a new world order comes around I can definitely imagine that happening.

All the world leaders working together to give themselves ultimate power. There are several conspiracies that imagine groups that are thought to be working towards this goal as we speak, such as Bilderberg, the NWO, the Illuminati, and a few others that I can’t remember.

If any of these conspiracies are true, then we’re already well on our way to Brave New World.

Flag Post

I don’t mind that.

Erotic play between children. What more could you ask for? jailbait

but srsly, no unhappiness, no war, free sex. It’s good stuff all around.

Flag Post

Look, kids! It’s a shitposter in his natural habitat! Let’s not spook him, now. We gotta get a picture for our scrapbook!