Forums Off-topic

Apology for the three word story. (locked)

84 posts

Flag Post

Yes, that’s what I’m doing. I decided that thread was the ultimate excuse for being immature, and apologize. I’m not asking it to be unlocked, just for the forgiveness of the Kong community, especially arcaneCoder.

Flag Post

Yeah, we were all being stupid. I tried avoiding those posts when I could, but I still posted, so I’m not free of blame.

I apologize as well.

Flag Post

I am also sorry, we got a little out of hand late last night. I know some what i posted was not appropriate for the kong community.

sorry if I offended anyone with my posts.

Flag Post

Yes, the three word story got out of hand. It was funny at first, but it went on too long and people got…. “bored”. It did become a haven of spam, to which I did contribute. (alot, unfortunately)

I am very sorry.

Flag Post

I’m just glad that I wasn’t online then, it’d have been even worse.

Thank Virgin Media for that.

Flag Post

Thanks for posting this guys. However, don’t ask my forgiveness, ask forgiveness from the person who your story started to insult – you know who that is.

Unfortunately this has brought attention to several of the spam threads we have around here. Many forums have rules that constitute 1-3 word posting as spam in some cases and I’ve been avoiding that for a long time and letting these things live for the sake of our members enjoyment. However, looking closely most of these threads contribute nothing overall to our forums, but are merely farms for about 4 or 5 of you to spam; mostly sprint, smigbox, Glip & kirbyviper. In the wake of this event (which would have got you guys banned in many other forums) some of those threads may be closed, particularly if they are just hotbeds for you 4 or 5 to spam. Lookin gat some of them I see pages and pages of just 2-3 of you constantly posting 1-2 words. I’m going to have to pay more attention to these, I thought they could be left alone.

I will take some time to think about this and try to find good reason to open some of the others.

Flag Post

Yes, I started thinking a minute ago that we needed to apologize to AlisonClaire. So sorry for defaming you like that. And I accept your decision to block those threads.

Flag Post

aC, thanks for not locking the entirety of Off-Topic, it’s not all spam. Most of us know when a joke is dead, however, some people don’t know when to stop.

Flag Post

I’m just glad that I wasn’t online then, it’d have been even worse.
Thank Virgin Media for that.

That was exactly what I was thinking. :/

Flag Post

In addition, I just deleted the 1/2000 post thread. Lost about 250 posts. Oh well.

Flag Post

I was hoping alisonclaire and misstres17 would not look at thread and see what was said about them.

Flag Post

You deleted what? Smig, you don’t need to delete a whole thread just because of one mistake.

Flag Post

It got locked, so I decided on a bit of self-punishment. And it was never productive in the first place.

Flag Post

Yes, I started thinking a minute ago that we needed to apologize to AlisonClaire.

I think that would be good smig. I apologized to her myself as well, simply for not catching it sooner.

@TheDarkFlame: I think you are right. It does seem that way most of the time, when it narrows down to just a few people keeping the poor thread alive; which is why I’m going to pay attention more to threads that become that way. I apologize to the community for not paying attention.

I know a few people will be mad, but the majority tends to prefer discussions to poor, unmoderated threads filled with lazy posting. I think its a lot better for our community to have thoughtful post, regardless of whether its off-topic or not. This forum is the one I always hear complaints about too :/

Edit: As I said in my PM I think you’re a stand up guy smig. I think the fact that you are taking responsibility for things reinforces that belief.

Flag Post

Maybe those other 2 threads should also be deleted, and any other spam thread that comes after them. That way the post count would be legitimate, not just a show of how much someone spammed 1 or 3 words in spam threads. Plus, it would keep the site completely clean of the filth that is in the 3 word story.

Flag Post

Big thanks to those who apologized directly, that speaks a lot.

@Glip: Perhaps you are right.

Flag Post

You can go ahead and delete both, then we will see what my actual post count is. Since i have spammed in both quite a bit.

Flag Post

My post count might just be halved. ;)

Flag Post

They have all been deleted now, except for 3 Word Story. I assume by the creators, as I can’t see why 3 Word Story would be left, other than that FireFury started it 9 months ago and now still only has 25 posts… indicating inactivity.

Flag Post

3 word story will go too, being quite a poor reflection on our community for members and visitors. Usually I leave them up for a little because once they are deleted some try to hide what they did – seeing that the evidence is gone. However, given the good attitude you guys have displayed I don’t think that is a concern.

Flag Post

Three word story and word association were good excuses to spam. :P

I suppose this won’t be the end to it, but hopefully a good start.

Flag Post

Thank you Sprint for the apology. I don’t even follow that thread so I was pretty oblivious to it.
I know you guys pretty well and I don’t view it as a reflection of how you feel about me or Alison, or women in general. I understand it was a joke that got out of hand and appreciate the time taken to apologize to me directly.

No hard feelings…

And for the record (cause not everyone knows me) I am NOT a stripper. (not that there would be anything wrong with that…)

Mis

Flag Post

Better to be a member with 100 thoughtful posts than 3000 posts of spam. I’d take a forum full of the formed than the latter any day.

I know the post count drop hurts for some, but its an advantage in some ways because now when people visit they don’t associate you with the poor posts left in those threads and think down on you. Seeing a thread with apologies on the other hand speaks more highly of you.

Flag Post

When you deleted those threads my post count was literally halved, funny.

Flag Post

Post count drop hurts? I don’t really care, post counts are nearly meaningless.