Forums Off-topic

Solve the Mystery

132 posts

Flag Post

Person 1 murders a perfect stranger off the street. He removes the victim’s left arm and packages it into a box, which he mails to Person 2. Person 2 opens the box, grins a smile of satisfaction, repackages the arm into the box and mails it again. The box arrives at Person 3, who is also evidently satisfied, and he then disposes of the arm.

Why does this happen?

You may ask me any question that I can answer yes or no to, or I can dismiss your question as irellevant to the mystery.
If you already know the answer (from having heard this before) then please do not ruin it for others!
I’ll try to be online to answer questions at least twice a day.
I’m not claiming authorship of this mystery, so no suing me if you thought of it first :)

Flag Post

Is the stranger related to Person 2 or 3 in any way?

Flag Post

Is the stranger related to Person 2 or 3 in any way?

No.

Flag Post

Did Person 2 or 3 know the stranger personally?

Flag Post

The victim had a really cool watch, but the battery died during all that mail travel.

Flag Post

mebbe he just wanted the box??

Flag Post

perfect stranger

Why is he perfect,I wonder…

Okay,is the stranger even human?

Flag Post

Is any of the person Greg?

Flag Post

Did Person 2 or 3 know the stranger personally?

No.

The victim had a really cool watch, but the battery died during all that mail travel.

No :P

Okay,is the stranger even human?

Yes.

Is any of the person Greg?

Could be, but it doesn’t really matter! So for the sake of this mystery, No.

Flag Post

Does it involve Wedding Rings?

Will you be mad if,lesay,search for the answer with google?

Flag Post

It must be! Love Letters! from damijin!

Flag Post

Is the stranger actually person 3 and he… disposes of it… his own arm… by re-attaching it! Yes! It has to be the only possible explanation!

Flag Post

Person one was hired as an assassin to kill the stranger by persons two and three. The arm was evidence?

Flag Post

excuse me u didnt answer my question!!!!!!

Did he just want the box?? or something on the box??

Flag Post

O WAIT I GOT IT!!!!!!!! THE MAILMAN FORGOT TO MARK THT THE STAMP ON THE BOX WAS USED SO HE WANTED TO SAVE A FEW CENTS AND MAIL SOMETHING ELSE!!!!

Flag Post

Does it involve Wedding Rings?

Nope.

Will you be mad if,lesay,search for the answer with google?

It would kind of ruin the fun of it :P

Is the stranger actually person 3 and he… disposes of it… his own arm… by re-attaching it!

No.

Person one was hired as an assassin to kill the stranger by persons two and three.

No.

The arm was evidence?

Yes.

Did he just want the box?? or something on the box??

No.

THE MAILMAN FORGOT TO MARK THT THE STAMP ON THE BOX WAS USED SO HE WANTED TO SAVE A FEW CENTS AND MAIL SOMETHING ELSE!!!!

Haha, no.

I might not have made the aim clear; you aren’t finding out why the box is disposed of, you’re finding out why the whole thing happened, i.e why did person A send a stranger’s arm to Persons B and C, and why were they satisfied because of it?

Flag Post

Cool. Just to clarify, the arm was evidence specifically that the stranger was dead?

Or was it ‘evidence’ that person 1 was dead, to stop persons 2 and 3 from sending a real assassin after him?

Did either or both of persons 2 and 3 know the stranger?

Flag Post

Cool. Just to clarify, the arm was evidence specifically that the stranger was dead?

No.

Or was it ‘evidence’ that person 1 was dead, to stop persons 2 and 3 from sending a real assassin after him?

No.

Did either or both of persons 2 and 3 know the stranger?

No.

Flag Post

The hand was made of chicken,and when person 2 looked at it,he ate the bottom part of it,and sent it to person 3.Person 3 saw it,and ate the top part out,then threw the bones away.

Flag Post

Was the arm evidence that person 1 had killed someone? (Just trying to figure out what the arm was evidence for :P)

If true, was the above some sort of initiation?

Do persons 2 and 3 know each other?

Do either or both of persons 2 and 3 know person 1?

Flag Post

were they plotting to frame someone??

(or mabey person 3’s wife just moved away and he needed an extra hand around the house)<———lol u can disregard tht i had to add in my 2 sense XD

Flag Post

Was the arm evidence that person 1 had killed someone?

No.

If true, was the above some sort of initiation?

No.

Do persons 2 and 3 know each other?

Yes.

Do either or both of persons 2 and 3 know person 1?

Yes, they both know person 1.

were they plotting to frame someone??

No.

Flag Post

Okay, so the arm was evidence, but not to show that the stranger was dead, nor that person 1 had killed someone. What other evidence could it be? :(

Was it evidence that the packaging was blood proof? The packaging prevented decomposition?

Was the killing necessary? i.e. was it the lopped off arm that made persons 2 and 3 satisfied?

Perhaps the victim’s ‘left arm’ is not an arm with a hand, it is a gun?

Flag Post

Is the gender of that “perfectly stranger” female?

Is there gambling in this game?

Greg is a pokemon, right?

Flag Post

This is a great game editundo, I always liked this kind of mysteries (even though I already know most of them).
I don’t think you could find one I don’t know, so I would like to do the next one (once they’ll solve this one I’ll start “Solve the Mystery 2”) unless it won’t be so wanted and/or you would like to do another one.