Forums Off-topic

Autotune

29 posts

Flag Post

almost every hip-hop/rap singer uses it.

justin bieber, t-pain.

so tell me what yo uthink if autotune should be allowed for singers to use.

Flag Post

Two people =/= almost everyone. And what do you mean “allowed for them to use?” They can do whatever they want, you can’t stop them. This is why we have bands with dogs as vocalists.

Flag Post

That’s like asking if they should be allowed to use microphones or speakers. Why not?

Flag Post
Originally posted by pokerhappy:

Two people =/= almost everyone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by pokerhappy:

Two people =/= almost everyone. And what do you mean “allowed for them to use?” They can do whatever they want, you can’t stop them. This is why we have bands with dogs as vocalists.

Both of these things are very true. Also, the simple fact that it’s available for people to use for music should be enough to make it allowable for people to use as well. I can create whole instrumental recordings and mix them down now by simply using a computer and the right software and not actually touching a single instrument; in fact I am doing that currently for one of my AS Courses. Should I not be allowed to use that and have to waste time organising a whole brass group, writing out all the sheet music and get them all to prectice it simply for a section for my recording, bearing in mind that this would take much much longer than the 20 hours we get for this piece of coursework?

Flag Post

all the people that use auto tune use it because theyre nothing without it

Flag Post

Considering it is an industry standard I’m going to have to say you are as wrong as can be.

Flag Post

sigh… The world today. You don’t even need to have a great voice to sing. You just need that autotuner.

Better before, when people who could sing were here. Now we got all these wannabe singers that dies outside the studio. I mean, even I can do it. And believe me: My voice kills def people.

Flag Post

I’m not sure autotuner is the magical perfection machine you guys make it sound like. All it does is correct pitch.

I mean, even I can do it.

Let’s see it.

Flag Post

I think people are trying to use auto-tuning as something to blame for the mass music industry making terrible music. Auto-tuning isn’t the problem at all with this type of music* – it’s the music itself, which is dull, meaningless crap.

I don’t know much about auto-tuning but I don’t it automatically makes you sound better. Though there are definitely things in the studio that can help you with that. ;P

*Pop music, that is.

Flag Post

Though there are definitely things in the studio that can help you with that.

The other big question is, does it matter? I honestly predict there will be a day that music will be composed and performed entirely on computers (in fact it can be, although there is still lots of room to improve).

Flag Post

That’s funny, I’ve had the same thought to. But I’m not sure if people would really be willing to make that change for a while. Something about the human element keeps it alive. Not to mention concerts – though it seems that sometimes that isn’t even such a strong point for pop stars. ;P

Flag Post

I don’t think concerts and such will die out, just that a lot of music will be produced without a human doing vocals or instruments. I think we will see a new division between performing artists and ‘music technicians’. Or maybe they will go side by side, like live action and CG in movies.

Flag Post

I wish it could go back to when artists had to use instruments instead of computers…

Flag Post

Why not go back before they had instruments and smacked rocks together? I don’t see why you would have a problem with the use of modern technologies.

Flag Post

Agree the in-your-face autotuned vocal aesthetic is horrendous… but you wouldn’t like the music if it was made without autotune anyway. move on.

Flag Post

THOSE who use autotune have NO real talent, espesilly if they didnt write the song.

Ehem, *coughs; justin beieber *coughs again

Flag Post

Autotune doesn’t create talent.

Flag Post

it just creates a really annoying sound

Flag Post

Annoying?

Flag Post

I actually have a song I’ve created using only the computer, and a free program no less. I composed every bit of it and you wouldn’t guess that I never had to lay a finger on a piano. But for people to be able to make the music, they have to have an understanding of it to be good. if I didn’t know how to play the piano, basic scale, and chord changes, then my music would suck because I would know nothing about how to make something sound good and not just

Originally posted by SaintAjora:

smacking rocks together

Link: http://www.kongregate.com/collabs/sounds/Umberphoenix/freezing-rain?sort=by_newest

Flag Post

What program? I’ve seen a few nifty ones floating around.

Edit – I see you you wrote it on there.

Flag Post

Autotune can be a good thing

Also Know Your Meme did an episode on Autotuning with Weird Al as a guest star.

Flag Post

And that’s why I listen to 80’s stuff.

Flag Post

I don’t like autotuning. it just makes voices sound dull and robotic. the whole point of singing and different singers is the fact that they all had different unique voices. now it all sounds practically the same to me. But hey, that’s just me :/