Forums Off-topic

Recommendations?

20 posts

Flag Post

anyone recommend any new artists i could listen to?
i listen to alternative, rock, numetal. and electronica and house.

Flag Post

Two of the most impressive artists of the past decade in my mind are Converge and Cave In. Converge’s 2002 album, Jane Doe and Cave In’s 1998 album, Until Your Heart Stops are groundbreaking albums that, despite being clumped in with the highly over-played and (mostly) bad genre of metalcore/grindcore/hardcore, can’t be held in the same light as the rest of the “scene.” If you like your metal complex, I recommend giving these albums a listen.

Flag Post

^ My girlfriend

I have to listen to this crap all day. Usually I try to drown it out with some Linkin Park, though. These wounds will not heal, Alison! THESE WOUNDS WILL NOT HEAL!

Flag Post

You should check out Chumley’s Toy. I have some of their music on ch00se_JukeBox at the moment. They also have a new CD coming out.

Flag Post

MC Chris. He rocks, and I think damijin agrees.

Flag Post

I agree with greg, Linkin Park is good, (If that’s what he’s saying.. o.o) but I also like Evanescense, Nightwish, and Nickelback.. they’re pretty good. O.o

Flag Post

Uhhh…..

Flag Post

the pillows are a pretty good alternative band, but they are Japanese… I definately agree about Linkin Park though.

Flag Post

Linkin Park FTW.

MC Lars FTW.

Whatever Greg says FTW :P.

Flag Post

Stabbing Westward (Darkest Days Album and older), VAST (anything except Music for People), Flesh Field, Combichrist

And check out Beatport.com for a lot of electronic and house stuff that you might not have heard of. I go there every week or so to see what’s new and I’m rarely disappointed.

Flag Post

i heared a cool song b4 its called twinkle twinkle patrick star its on spongebob

Flag Post

i would say nirvana or alice in chains

Flag Post

Korn.Evolution.numetal.What ever:(

Flag Post

Korn sucks. plain and simple. Their faggotry is just as bad as dragonfarce’s; if not worse.

For nu metal I would recommend Coal Chamber and Ill Nino, since they have more of some original sounds for nu metal.

Flag Post

Usually I try to drown it out with some Linkin Park

I didn’t think it was possible but I just lost all respect for Greg.

Flag Post

I suggest TV On The Radio and The Hold Steady.

As usual.

The National are good too but you probably won’t like them if you’re all ‘METAL GRAAAAA \m/_’

Flag Post

This is an 07 thread. But hey, if the OP posts again, I’ll have some suggestions for ya. And I dunno anything about Korn’s ‘faggotry’, but a lot of their music is pretty decent, Hey Daddy my personal fave from memory.

Flag Post

Linkin park-Nickelback-Korn-Nirvana-Limp Bizkit

Flag Post

MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE-theyre Jungle
Streetlight manifesto-Ska
Rancid-awesome punk and slight ska
Unwritten law-new age rock(older lesser known band in alot of games tho)
AND ANYTHING SKA

Flag Post

I didn’t think it was possible but I just lost all respect for Greg.