In an effort to reduce the number of spamthreads whose title is meaningless and whose OP consists of only a Youtube link, I’m creating this little sticky. An experiment of sorts.
Feel free to post links to whatever new/funny/weird/meme videos you like.
What’s that, you say? Guidelines? Of course!
- Yo, be appropriate. I added “Video” to the title of the thread at the request of a few of the forum folks. Don’t think that that means you can post any video. Conduct guidelines always apply.
- Do not spam. I realise there are thousands of fun Youtube videos and more uploaded daily. We don’t need you to post a list of all of your 300 favourites. Just one or two here and there should suffice. If it feels like spam, don’t do it.
- Do not just post a link by itself. Every Youtube link that you post must be accompanied by a description of what is in the video. This rule is in place for many reasons — it helps save confusion (Have I already watched that one?), it helps to reduce the temptation to spam, and it helps maintain the sanity of the forum moderators. Posts with links that are not accompanied by a sufficient description will be removed.
- Keep the conversation in this thread to a minimum. A single comment about a video you liked is fine, but when it starts to become a series of quote pyramids or two people carrying a conversation by themselves, please take it to the chat rooms or profile whispers.
- Do not make threads about Youtube links. There’s no reason to, now that this sticky is in place. That’s kinda the purpose. ;)
- Have fun and use common sense. I have faith…
- [Perhaps more to come, depending on how things go…]