Forums Off-topic

Scandanavian Black Metal

10 posts

Flag Post

Is anyone else a fan of bands like Children Of Bodom, Synergy, or Kamelot?
If so, this is for you.
METALHEDS UNITE!
~VN

Flag Post

Kamelot is a progresive metal band from tampa which is not scandinavian (correct spelling)

And Children of Bodom is melodic death metal.

I don’t know what Synergy is….

Flag Post

Synergy is a finnish band with Alexi Laiho, the guitarist for Children Of Bodom.
That guy rules. Some other guy told me Kamelot was scandanavian my bad. Im a finnish metal guitarist tho, so i love CoB. (dont actually live there, blood)

Flag Post

A typo in the title + mentioning bands that are not even from Scandinavian +s mentioning bands that are NOT EVEN REMOTELY Black Metal =

the most epic fail I’ve seen in ages.

Flag Post

i agreee i know children of the bodom are not black meatel

Flag Post

I completely agree with Wejo

Flag Post

When I hear black metal, I think of Naglfar… Now those guys are a true Scandinavian black metal band. Children of Bodom are really good but they are melodic which is my favorite form of more intense metal.

Flag Post

Even though they are from Germany, I think Endstille are top notch Black Metal.

Flag Post

From Germany, it would still be Nagelfar and The Ruins Of Beverast for me. Yeah, NagElfar and NOT the shitty Naglfar from Norway.

Other than that, the (old) Norwegian scene is good (both old and new Mayhem rule, but there are others. Just don’t come with your crapy Tsjuder.). Sweden rules too. But overall, perhaps France would be my preferred BM country, though a lot of countries have a couple of good bands.

EDIT: Ha, and once again I couldn’t resist posting on a forum I don’t care about. This, my fourth sin, has been my last post here. After reading a few threads about metal on this forum, I have decided the general taste is pretty much shit (read: not compatible with mine, you political correct bastards). I’m not going to waste my energy trying to explain what heavy metal is about, to people who are going to forget about it as soon as they grow out of their puberty.

And there are two Naglfar’s actually, one from Sweden and one from Norway.

Flag Post

I thought Naglfar was Swedish. I might be wrong. Yeah, I don’t really like them that much it’s just the first thing I think of. I don’t have that much Black Metal because I don’t like it very much.