Forums Off-topic

Come one, come all!...and make $18,000! (locked)

29 posts

Flag Post

Hey ladies & gents,

Just thought I’d share this with you..
XPOGames.com is some new website that’s apparently entering the market and they are throwing an $18,000 sub-total contest! their grand-prize is the highest number to be awarded in the field, ever, and each participant has tons of opportunities to win so even if you’re not all that (like yours truly) you should still sign up and you’ll have a chance at winning.

The best thing that these guys are doing though (in my opinion atleast) is that they’re offering 1gb/2gb and 4gb USB flash-sticks for ANYONE who uploads games to the contest.

It seems cool and I’ve signed up, hoping to see some familiar faces in there.

Ciao and have a good one!
-meth, developing the majority of your game-time and you don’t even know it..hah!

Flag Post

hoping to see some familiar faces in there.

You probably won’t from here, seeing as you don’t appear to have done anything besides make this one post.

Flag Post

Don’t be jealous of my profile ‘cause it’s all clean and tidy, just because it does not list games does not mean that I did not develop any (or made any friends on Kongregate for that matter).

My friend Jabor, Be positive and have a good one!
-meth

Flag Post

ORLY?

You have:

- Earned no badges
- Rated no games
- Uploaded no games
- Earned no cards
- Referred no people
- Favourited no games
- Earned absolutely no points whatsoever
- Commented on no games
- Received no shouts
- Friended no people
- Been friended by no people

Flag Post

And you’ve just made your 929th post on the forums. veteran.

Flag Post

930th. Still 70 posts off what I would consider “veterancy”.

Flag Post

I agree with Jabor. You won’t see any familiar faces from here because you don’t appear to know or care about knowing anybody. If I had to guess, this was probably just a throwaway account you made to brag about the contest, possibly by an actual person, or, more likely, by somebody running the contest pretending to be a dev.

Flag Post

Let’s hand him on a rope and torture him with pointy sticks!

Flag Post

Jabor really studied your profile. I guess he’s right.

Flag Post

This site has spammed my email inbox before… Something tells me they are not even legit.

Flag Post

from a guy named “meth” no thank you

Flag Post

Is this a Flash-only contest? If not, I’ll consider entering. I know I have a solid shot at some awards with my current project. :)

Flag Post

this is a scam duh

:)

baby genius

Flag Post

That’s quite an accusation, to call it a “scam” without any investigation or, really, any intelligent reasoning.

Flag Post

I don’t think it’s a scam, just a start-up games site trying to get games.

Their “Grand Prize” is 6.5k, but is only for exclusive games. But really, who’s going to make a game worth 6.5k and only upload it to one site, and a start-up at that?

First prize for a non-exclusive game is 4.5k, and then it drops rapidly.

Flag Post

You probably won’t from here, seeing as you don’t appear to have done anything besides make this one post.

I agree with Jabor. You won’t see any familiar faces from here because you don’t appear to know or care about knowing anybody. If I had to guess, this was probably just a throwaway account you made to brag about the contest, possibly by an actual person, or, more likely, by somebody running the contest pretending to be a dev.

Is that really necessary?

Flag Post

He’s been a member for over half a year… with no friends/fans/badges etc., he must be really inactive.

Flag Post

I might upload click the button. I could do with a decent USB.

EDIT: Now i take a look at it, i see that it says only the first 100 developers to upload 3 differant games that must be aproved of being decent, get a USB.

Flag Post

Oh yes, We really going to get That. Im sure. Burn Burn Burn, you spammer.

Flag Post

Ew, these has to be some of the ugliest replies I’ve seen to a friendly thread. Some of you guys should really lay off the conspiracy pills..

Anyone insisting that I will not find familiar places, I already have and luckily they are not as negative people as half of who responded to this thread. I’d expect members of a decent website like Kongregate to be able to control their fingertips rather than throwing whatever comes to their heads, go learn some manners.

Anyways, guess I did the right decision when I didn’t develop my profile on here, what’s the point.
Thanks. -meth

Flag Post

I agree, some of these replies are a little unnecessary. I do think replies are not always needed if there’s no interest in the subject.

At the same time meth, please understand that we’ve dealt with a lot of spamming lately that has been quite annoying. So when users see a profile with no activity, no friends and just a post like this, it triggers the spam alert defense mechanism in their heads – which lately has been correct. You don’t even have a single point, so in other user’s eyes you’ve contributed absolutely nothing to the site except for an advertisement, so you can’t fully blame them for being suspicious. The fact that you have replied to the thread is good, but this caused it to start off on the wrong foot; know what I mean?

Flag Post

They can blurb as they want…I’ve seen it all around the web. One site runs a contest, the other throw garbage…then the other one runs a contest and the other one throws garbage…

Nevertheless, I’ve contact xpogames.com and the last winner of the Wii contest they had and it seems 2 b legit and truly rewarding.

The prizes list is amazing! It’s a free flash stick, $1,500 for the most approved games, $4,500 for alredy developed game (with Mochiads on!!!), $6,500 for new developed game. Maannnnn!!
I’m sleepless!

Flag Post

arcaneCoder, I do. -meth

Flag Post

Yo do what, Your on drugs?

Flag Post

He does crystal meth.

The fact that you have replied to the thread is good, but this caused it to start off on the wrong foot; know what I mean?

Or he was possibly referring to that.