Forums Off-topic

The Official My Little Pony Thread page 546

62132 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by explainthatot:
Originally posted by Kazan_Epic:

Btw…
In the episode where twilight goes nuts, did anyone else think the final message was about suicide?
Or maybe it was just because we were talking about suicide in health when I watched it.
Don’t know why I didn’t post it until now.

As a the OT main suicide-craving poster riiight after loko-coco I can assure you this episode was NOT about suicide.
What made you think so anyway?

Not the episode, the final message.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xH34rTL3ss_S0uLx:
Originally posted by CrowbarOfJustice:

why did twilight snap anyway?

She couldn’t find anything to report to Celestia…

So just wing something up, or write “It’s been a calm week”

Flag Post

From S02E03:

Princess Celestia: I’m expecting some male.

Did she mean “male” or “mail”? o_O

Flag Post
Originally posted by zombieluigi:
Originally posted by CrowbarOfJustice:

why did twilight snap anyway?

She couldn’t find anything to report to Celestia…

So just wing something up, or write “It’s been a calm week”

The former is out of the question for someone like Twilight and she didn’t think that writing: “It was a calm week,” would have been enough.

Flag Post
Originally posted by explainthatot:

Btw…
In the episode where twilight goes nuts, did anyone else think the final message was about suicide?
Or maybe it was just because we were talking about suicide in health when I watched it.

As a the OT main suicide-craving poster riiight after loko-coco I can assure you this episode was NOT about suicide.
What made you think so anyway?

Not the episode, the final message.

I didn’t get that at all.

Flag Post

Btw…

I didn’t interpret it to be about suicide. What exactly do you mean?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DoctorWhooves:

Btw…

What the hell? No. What exactly do you mean?

It’s about mental health, and just letting things go, telling you not to be obsessive over something little.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zombieluigi:

It’s about mental health, and just letting things go, telling you not to be obsessive over something little.

Yes, but how does that imply that the “final message” was about suicide?

Flag Post

I found that the “Luna Eclipsed” episode’s main theme is a subtle reference to acceptance of mental problems in society. Luna seems to suffer from DID or maybe a case of schizophrenia and citizens of Equestria are scared of her unusual behavior. I found that this episode’s message was to accept mental illnesses and not to reject someone suffering from them.

I might even go farther and claim that Luna’s banishment to the moon is merely an euphemism to describe how, instead of helping individuals with mental health problems, society simply isolates them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

I found that the “Luna Eclipsed” episode’s main theme is a subtle reference to acceptance of mental problems in society. Luna seems to suffer from DID or maybe a case of schizophrenia and the citizens of Equestria are scared of her unusual behavior. I found that this episode’s message was to accept mental illnesses and not to reject someone suffering from them.

Lauren Faust is more intelligent than I thought.

Flag Post

Luna seems to suffer from DID or maybe a case of schizophrenia

What gave you that idea?

I mean, it’s obvious that she is different and that the moral of the story is probably not to judge someone for being different but rather to accept them and help them to fit in, but what implies that she might suffer from that?

Flag Post
Originally posted by DoctorWhooves:

I found that the “Luna Eclipsed” episode’s main theme is a subtle reference to acceptance of mental problems in society. Luna seems to suffer from DID or maybe a case of schizophrenia and the citizens of Equestria are scared of her unusual behavior. I found that this episode’s message was to accept mental illnesses and not to reject someone suffering from them.

Lauren Faust is more intelligent than I thought.

Exactly why she makes these Educational yet Entertaining shows like Fosters home and MLP.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

… or maybe Luna was just being a bitch so we kicked her out of our cool club…

Flag Post

I might even go farther and claim that Luna’s banishment to the moon is merely an euphemism to describe how, instead of helping individuals with mental health problems, society simply isolates them.

…Wow. YOU’RE more intelligent than I thought xD

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

What gave you that idea?

I mean, it’s obvious that she is different and that the moral of the story is probably not to judge someone for being different but rather to accept them and help them to fit in, but what implies that she might suffer from that?

Uncontrolled frequent mood swings are an indicator. For example, she will sometimes act friendly and abruptly become intimidating which might imply any mental issues related with unexpected mood changes such as bipolarity, schizophrenia or Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Flag Post

What gave you that idea?

Uncontrolled frequent mood swings are an indicator. For example, she will sometimes act friendly and abruptly become intimidating which might imply any mental issues related with unexpected mood changes such as bipolarity, schizophrenia or Dissociative Identity Disorder.

But it weren’t actually mood swings. She just treated her subjects the way she was taught to do it.

Flag Post

But it weren’t actually mood swings. She just treated her subjects the way she was taught to do it.

What makes it unusual is that her intimidating way of talking appears sporadically in-between periods when she is friendly. If it wasn’t sporadic, it would be normal but she changes ways of talking unpredictably which is abnormal.

Flag Post

What makes it unusual is that her intimidating way of talking appears sporadically in-between periods when she is friendly.

“It is odd that she was taught to act a certain way around her subjects and acts the same way around her subjects”

Cool logic, bro

Flag Post

i find it funny that this is the most popular thread on kong….

Flag Post

On Kong? I doubt that.

In OT? Definately.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 35kdog:

On Kong? I doubt that.

In OT? Definately.

^
Agree’d
And im back for abit.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 35kdog:

On Kong? I doubt that.

In OT? Definately.

^
Agree’d
And im back for abit.

do you have to keep announcing it?

I don’t announce to kong where I come home, or when I’m back, I just post.

anyways, I’m really coming along great with my unofficial sequel to the fanfic “Bittersweet” (a fanfic of a fanfic, FANFICEPTION)

I’ll let my fellow bronies decide what it’s name is gonna be.