Forums Off-topic

Warning: The consequences of bumping spam/troll threads (locked)

16 posts

Flag Post

Don’t post in threads that are obvious spam or meant to troll or you may suffer the same fate as the topic creator.

I’m posting this thread because I keep asking you not to bump them, but you do. We don’t want to ban anyone, but some of you are making the forums worse than they already are. You keep these threads at the top and you add more garbage here than the original spammer. Admins and mods have been discussing the condition of OT and agree that some cleaning up needs to take place if possible.

So if we see a spam thread, action may be taken against everyone who posts in the thread. You guys are spamming just as much and it needs to stop.

Examples of what we commonly see:

▪ ‘This is spam!’
  ▪ ‘hes a troll’
  ▪ ‘cool story bro’
  ▪ ‘in before the lock’
  ▪ ‘reported/flagged’

Please, familiarize yourself with the Report thread and the list of what to report flagging system . We’ve not been totally strict on these rules and have hope to just leave them as ‘guidelines’, but obviously there are enough people who abuse their freedom to justify more action and stronger notices.

Unless you want to share in the fate of the topic creator or others who bump the thread, don’t go into his thread or join in his discussion. If you do, you bear full responsibility for what follows and forfeit your right to complain. It’s your choice to click the reply button and place your name in the thread, ready to be clicked, so please make it more wisely.

Example1
Example2
Example3

Edit: These are actually fairly mild compared to whats being happening lately (’10)

Flag Post

This should be a sticky. Although I’m fairly sure another mod (or it may have been you) said this many times before. It just doesn’t seem to get through people’s heads.

Flag Post

This is genius. Thank you.

Flag Post

Sticky this thread! I think more people need to see this, and I’m tired of the spam as well.

Flag Post

and I’m tired of the spam as well.

we all are

Flag Post

sticky this i HATE spam threads(frankly cause of the meat but…)they are worthless and annoying and dont even deserve to bumped

Flag Post

sticky it more poeple need to know this

Flag Post

YAY STICKY NOW THEY SHALL KNOW

Flag Post

good it’s a sticky now. id suggest locking it so a troll doesn’t come up and cause trouble.

Flag Post

Good thing it’s a sticky. Really needed :)

Flag Post

Epic win for what’s left of the Off Topic Forums. Way to go aC!

Flag Post

awesome job u guys made (aC and AC) ;)

i totally agree with it. i know i sometimes posted in them, but usually i remember to not xD

oh btw, if someone posts stuff like ‘srsly now, stop posting here. i`m sorry mods, but i had to tell people to stop, they just can`t :|’ are they punished in any way?

Flag Post

Yes, good idea having this as a sticky. Also I like the new report system.

Flag Post

Nice job sticki-ing it.

Flag Post

Apparently a lot of people have had trouble understanding this; so I’ve issued some bans to those who’ve bumped spam this weekend.

Example

This is very simple to follow and I’ve repeated this many, many times.

Flag Post

New example