Forums Off-topic

Health & Fitness page 65

2167 posts

Flag Post

I like scooby for his attitude and because you can’t be like “Well I can’t do this” because he gives you a way to do it. Are skateboard wall squats ideal? Maybe not. Will they work? Fuck yeah. I use a stability ball for that and it doesn’t work half as well.

In other news:
Progression on my lifts:

Squat 75→85
Bench 75→80
DL 64→105

Flag Post

Hey TGH do you have an opinion on ECA stacks (Ephedrine-Caffeine-Asprin)?

Flag Post
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

Hey TGH do you have an opinion on ECA stacks (Ephedrine-Caffeine-Asprin)?

Even though most of the negative side-effects were self-reported and most of the cases were from overuse; they’ve always scared me, and I’ve never encouraged or condoned ECA stacking.

Flag Post

It’s disgustingly calm in here, I better bump it with some filler.
I won’t spill out all my filler yet though.

These brownies are fucking delicious.

90calories, tastes amazing(half of the time) and in my opinion they’re better than a real brownie, FIBER, doesn’t have anything seemingly too horrible for you.
Anyone else eat these?
Have one of these with milk, it’s the perfect snack!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

It’s disgustingly calm in here, I better bump it with some filler.
I won’t spill out all my filler yet though.

These brownies are fucking delicious.

90calories, tastes amazing(half of the time) and in my opinion they’re better than a real brownie, FIBER, doesn’t have anything seemingly too horrible for you.
Anyone else eat these?
Have one of these with milk, it’s the perfect snack!

We use those brownies in the house all the time. Lol. Good recommendation!

Flag Post

Hmm, what are some good exercises for toning the lower body? Also, what tips do you have when it comes to protein (when is too much/too little, etc.)

Flag Post

So, for the past few days I’ve been having a walk each morning.
Today I went 2miles, thankfully I had a bandana to keep my face warm today.

Anyways, I found two 5pound weights.
5pounds wouldn’t be that useful now would it? I guess I could try and use both at once to make a shitty 10pound one.

Is there any real reason this thread died?

EDIT: Oh, and I’ve finally been able to take a shit without laxatives recently.
After longer than I can remember, I can shit without laxatives.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrOctaganapus2:

Hmm, what are some good exercises for toning the lower body? Also, what tips do you have when it comes to protein (when is too much/too little, etc.)

I’d personally recommend the Candlestick Exercise, along with the bodyweight squat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKBCw9b_vp4

So, for the past few days I’ve been having a walk each morning.
Today I went 2miles, thankfully I had a bandana to keep my face warm today.

Anyways, I found two 5pound weights.
5pounds wouldn’t be that useful now would it? I guess I could try and use both at once to make a shitty 10pound one.

Is there any real reason this thread died?

EDIT: Oh, and I’ve finally been able to take a shit without laxatives recently.
After longer than I can remember, I can shit without laxatives.

As my father once told me, a man that can comfortably shit is a happy man indeed. Glad to hear it, bro’.

And I use light-weight dumbbells for wrist and hand exercises mostly. Underhand and overhand wrist curls, Palm-Raises, and Wrist Rolls.

Underhand and Overhand wrist curl.

1. Take a seat in a chair, the side of your bed, etc.
2. Spread your feet and legs apart for balance and stability.
3. Lay the flat of your forearm (the one that’s holding the dumbbell) against your thigh, with your wrist hanging off your knee.
4. Turn your palm towards the ceiling (or away from it) and raise your hand and wrist as high as you can without raising your arm.

http://www.sparkpeople.com/assets/exercises/Dumbbell-Wrist-Curls.gif

Palm Raises

1. Take a seat in a chair with your legs and feet roughly 2 feet apart.
2. Hold one dumbbell on your knee (vertically).
3. Raise the dumbbells slightly off your knees, roughly 5 to 6 inches.
4. Both of your thumbs (while holding the dumbbells) should be facing the ceiling.
5. Turn your hand so that your palm turns towards the ceiling until they both face the ceiling, or until you have discomfort.

Wrist Rolls.

Fairly simple, just roll your hands around (comfortably) while holding dumbbells. Can be done from a standing or sitting position.

And as to why the thread died? i’ve just been so busy. I’m retiring from Strongman next year and am trying to finish up all the competitions needed to qualify for the Russia’s Strongest Man tournament. That and my jobs, kids and wife, and I’m just a busy man. I’ll be back on to you guys regularly soon enough, though. I haven’t forgotten about you all!

Flag Post

Well thanks TGH, I’ll try those.
So I’ve been walking everyday for I guess a week now, went another 2 miles in the morning today and went 5miles the day before. Hopefully I can find something to do when it gets hot. If it’s swimming or something of that such. I just can’t stand the 100+ degree weather with 90% humidity.
I’m losing a little weight even though I started drinking some sugary drinks like kool-aid occasionally.

And as to why the thread died? i’ve just been so busy. I’m retiring from Strongman next year and am trying to finish up all the competitions needed to qualify for the Russia’s Strongest Man tournament. That and my jobs, kids and wife, and I’m just a busy man. I’ll be back on to you guys regularly soon enough, though. I haven’t forgotten about you all!

B-but everyone also stopped posting.
There used to be other people posting on here besides you, me and a few others. Why did they stop?

Flag Post

Hey TGH, I have (I think) an original question for you.

What’s your favorite bodypart to train? I know you’re a powerlifter and probably stick to compound lifts but still. And why?

Personally mine is forearms simply because of how much more the veins in it show after each workout. And I don’t even isolate them.

Flag Post

I maxed out today on bench and squat. It has been a week since the football season ended, so my strength levels are probably not what they would be if there had been no football season.
Bench: 285 (strict form)
Squat: 430

Tomorrow i am maxing on deadlift and military press

Flag Post

I’ve been eating a single scrambled egg for breakfast, even though most guides say 2. I don’t wanna bulk so am I doing it right or is it still a good idea to eat 2? I do wanna get big amounts of protein for my muscles to grow.

Flag Post

Well thanks TGH, I’ll try those.
So I’ve been walking everyday for I guess a week now, went another 2 miles in the morning today and went 5miles the day before. Hopefully I can find something to do when it gets hot. If it’s swimming or something of that such. I just can’t stand the 100+ degree weather with 90% humidity.
I’m losing a little weight even though I started drinking some sugary drinks like kool-aid occasionally.

B-but everyone also stopped posting.
There used to be other people posting on here besides you, me and a few others. Why did they stop?

That’s good to hear, man. And I can’t either – I was born and raised in Serbia. Cold, wet Serbia. And I have very little love for the heat or sunshine. I prefer my workdays to be dark, damp and cold most of the time.

Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:

Hey TGH, I have (I think) an original question for you.

What’s your favorite bodypart to train? I know you’re a powerlifter and probably stick to compound lifts but still. And why?

Personally mine is forearms simply because of how much more the veins in it show after each workout. And I don’t even isolate them.

There’s a bunch of workouts that I love doing, but when it comes to bodypart in particular…I’d probably have to say biceps, mainly because they’re so easy to train.

Originally posted by Aldir:

I’ve been eating a single scrambled egg for breakfast, even though most guides say 2. I don’t wanna bulk so am I doing it right or is it still a good idea to eat 2? I do wanna get big amounts of protein for my muscles to grow.

A little is always better than nothing – at least when it comes to positive, healthy activities. If you’re having no unusual side-effects, “feel-bads”, aches, pains, I’d say 2 is fine.

Protip: Wash the shell of the egg gently before you crack it open. Washing too rough, or too much will cause water to seep into the shell and can contaminate your egg, but a little “apple-polish” can help ensure a healthy supplement, which in turn ensures a healthy you.

Flag Post

TGH, how much cardio do you do in your workouts? I’m sorry if you’ve been asked this earlier in the thread, but I’m curious. I’ve been trying to build endurance in pretty much all of my muscle groups, and I was wondering how much I should run, bike, aerobics, etc. to supplement that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by onlineidiot1994:

TGH, how much cardio do you do in your workouts? I’m sorry if you’ve been asked this earlier in the thread, but I’m curious. I’ve been trying to build endurance in pretty much all of my muscle groups, and I was wondering how much I should run, bike, aerobics, etc. to supplement that.

Cardio’s a big part of my workouts – especially as my age has relentlessly progressed. And honestly, endurance is almost entirely slow-twitch muscle fibers – which means a lot of light weight, high reps, and a lot of practice. My motto on most exercises and events is “If you want to get better at it, then do it.”

Long story short, if you want to be able to run farther, practice running. If you want to be able to swim longe,r practice swimming, etc. Even though there are tweaks and tricks you can apply to get that little extra mileage, the bedrock of your progress will come from practice.

If you do think you’ve reached a plateu in terms of your cardio though, let me know and I can send you some PMs to help out in any way I can.

Flag Post

Do you ever get an impulse to overeat when having muscle soreness? Today I’m at my caloric limit and it’s only afternoon. If you do, how do you cope with it?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

Do you ever get an impulse to overeat when having muscle soreness? Today I’m at my caloric limit and it’s only afternoon. If you do, how do you cope with it?

I usually have a healthy snack. Your body has a way of communicating with you – letting you know when you’re hungry, when you need to use the restroom, when your body has, in some shape or form, something wrong with it (pain). Usually when an athlete and/or beginner experiences an increase an appetite, it’s their bodies’ way of telling them it needs more fuel for the recovery and growth process.

Things I like to eat when I’m sure my body’s just bullshitting me, though, are

Peanuts
Legumes
Apples
Bananas
Peanut butter (and crackers and/or celery)
Yogurt
A potato or two.

Flag Post

Exercise of the day!

Concentration Curl

1. Take a dumbbell in one hand, and take a seat on a flat surface (chair, bedside, etc).

2. Separate your legs and feet to leave plenty of room for your arms to maneuver.

3. Lower yourself down until you can put the elbow of the dumbbell-holding arm against the inside of your thigh. (Left elbow goes to left thigh, right elbow goes to right thigh).

4. Hold your arm roughly 75% straight. If you feel pain in your elbow, hold your arm higher.

5. Curl the dumbbell up as high as you can, and as you do squeeze really tight in your bicep. Slowly lower the dumbbell back down, and repeat 15 times for 2 sets.

Flag Post

Laine’s exercise of the day!

Chug vodka and eat Thanksgiving dinner.

Flag Post
Originally posted by necrobestiality:

Laine’s exercise of the day!

Chug vodka and eat Thanksgiving dinner.

We call that “warming up” back home.

Flag Post

Is that a challenge

Flag Post

Is that a challenge

I don’t know, is it?

Flag Post

Hey, I’m in college, dude.
I minor in chugging vodka from the bottle.
Plus I’ve gained weight, I could take ya :’D

Flag Post

Pff, so that makes you…100 pounds now? 105?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:

Pff, so that makes you…100 pounds now? 105?

112-113, motherfucker.
yeah.
cry about it.