Forums Off-topic

Exercises from Health & Fitness page 2

40 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:
Originally posted by Zoronii:

I had to discover this thread when my weight training class ended for the year…

Time to look into a gym membership.

There’s still plenty you can do without a gym membership! I’m going to start posting a lot more on OT in the near future, and will make sure to include very many bodyweight exercises. There’s still quite a few here in this very thread!

Yeah, there are a lot of good bodyweight exercises to be had here, I just enjoy lifting, as well. ^^

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGoldenHammer:

I had to discover this thread when my weight training class ended for the year…

Time to look into a gym membership.

There’s still plenty you can do without a gym membership! I’m going to start posting a lot more on OT in the near future, and will make sure to include very many bodyweight exercises. There’s still quite a few here in this very thread!

Yeah, there are a lot of good bodyweight exercises to be had here, I just enjoy lifting, as well. ^^

I hear you, brother. I used to use my brothers (along with several hundred pound hay-bales, large rocks and boulders, stacks of lumber and our wheelbarrow) as makeshift weights until I had enough money to afford Gymnastics lessons, and it turned out they had a weight room. Find random stuff, man! Just be careful about it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by rwbstripes:<Extensive routine

Interesting that you have Saturday as your rest day, so do I. Is that a particularly common one among athletes? With no other factors I’d use Sundays, but that seems to be the day when most events occur, which makes it fairly unexcludeable.

Flag Post

Walking Lunge

Lunges are great for glute, hamstring and quadricep development, and are a regular part of my training regime.

1. Start by standing with your feet together.
2. Take a big step forward, slowly lowering your body into the lunge position.
3. Make sure whichever knee is in the back stays above your ankle, keeping it at a 90 degree angle.
4. Slowly push back up to starting position, pushing from your heel.

When doing these, it’s going to be important you don’t hunch your back or let the front knee go out beyond the tip of your toes. This maximizes weight distribution between tendons, joints, muscles and bones and really lets you get maximum benefit.

I like to do around 15 to 30 of these on each leg during a set.

Flag Post

wow cool ty. which exercise is the best to get bigger shoulders and which is the best for getting a better looking butt?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

wow cool ty. which exercise is the best to get bigger shoulders and which is the best for getting a better looking butt?

For better looking butt, do leg lunges.

Source: I have a nice ass.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

Military Press (OHP) for shoulders and squats for your butt.

Flag Post

Bird Dog

1. Start with on your hands under your shoulders and knees under your hips, while keeping your head, neck, and back straight.

2. Raise your right arm and reach it forward until it’s in line with your ears.

3. As you bring your arm forward, kick your left leg backwards until it’s straight and in line with your torso, hold for 2 seconds.

4. Slowly bring your arm and leg back to the ground and repeat with the opposite arm and leg.

The Bird Dog helps increase strength and development in your abs and lower back, and also helps increase stability. It’s also able to increase kin-esthetic awareness (knowing where you body is in space and time without having to see it or concentrate on it).

Flag Post

Another exercise!

Burpee

1. Start in a standing position, feet together, arms down by your side.
2. Lower yourself until your hands can touch the floor, then do so.
3. Kick your feet out behind you and land on your feet (while your hands are on the floor) so that you’re in a push-up position.
4. Bring your feet back to your hands, then drive your arms towards the ceiling and jump as high as you can.

Flag Post

The Climb Up

Start by lying on the floor with a 3-foot-long scarf or towel wrapped around the ball of your right foot, knees bent, with left foot on the floor.
Hold the scarf in both hands, and extend your right leg, keeping your foot flexed.
Slowly walk your hands up the scarf as you lift your head and shoulders off the floor. Hold for 2 seconds.
Now lower yourself back to the starting position, walking your hands back down the scarf.
Do two sets of 10 to 12 reps on each side. Be sure to keep your head neutral — don’t tuck your chin or tilt back.

When you’re doing this exercise, you want to hold the leg that is in the air a little lower than the example in the picture, to prevent putting too much awkward pressure along your tibia and patella. You may also position the towel a little lower so that it can rest on your heel instead, if you prefer.

Flag Post

That one looks kinda painful. It almost looks like the leg is starting to arch in the wrong direction to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Fronebular:

That one looks kinda painful. It almost looks like the leg is starting to arch in the wrong direction to me.

She has her leg in the air a little too high. You do have a point, I should’ve put a corrective description in the post. We do this exercise at my gyms a lot, but I didn’t feel like typing in a description, so I found one that seemed fairly accurate. I’ll fix it myself, thanks for the heads up!

Flag Post

Hey, Golden Hammer. My mother is 200 pounds and works outside forever. but she does gain weight fast. she dosen’t have a good diet, and dosen’t eat for days. what should i do to get her to eat?

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator