Forums Off-topic

slender

21 posts

Flag Post

talk about slender. why you like it why you hate it. why you love-hate it. whatever. ( as long as its about slender )

Flag Post

I didn’t play the game but saw some footage on YouTube. It seems the game itself doesn’t try to scare the player since it lacks events that build up tension such as ominous cracking leaf sounds, animals coming out of bushes, the player tripping on roots, etc. All the game does is triggering video and audio static when the slenderman is nearby, so players are more scared by the sudden loud noise rather than the situation itself. Fear is mostly induced by the fact that players expect the game to be scary based on its popularity; it’s basically the fear of being scared rather than fear of the situation. If the game relied more on actual tension-building and less on static jump scares, I’d better appreciate it.

Flag Post

Yeah, the actual slenderman isn’t what’s supposed to be so scary but the atmosphere instead. To keep you on edge, throw creepy sound cues to startle you etc. It’s mostly psychological because you don’t know what to expect at first.

Flag Post

I’m a gigantic pussy when it comes to scary games/movies and shit, but I honestly didn’t find it scary at all

Flag Post

how many threads have been made over this shit

Flag Post

Oh boy, and I said I’ve seen enough Minecraft threads.

Flag Post

Too lazy to download it and play it myself, but I don’t usually get scared when playing games

Flag Post
Originally posted by waffle_god:

how many threads have been made over this shit

shit is what you will do if you play the game.

Flag Post

Slender is a crappy game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

I didn’t play the game but saw some footage on YouTube. It seems the game itself doesn’t try to scare the player since it lacks events that build up tension such as ominous cracking leaf sounds, animals coming out of bushes, the player tripping on roots, etc. All the game does is triggering video and audio static when the slenderman is nearby, so players are more scared by the sudden loud noise rather than the situation itself. Fear is mostly induced by the fact that players expect the game to be scary based on its popularity; it’s basically the fear of being scared rather than fear of the situation. If the game relied more on actual tension-building and less on static jump scares, I’d better appreciate it.

i see why you are a forum moderator. if can take that much time writing that much about this than you must really love the forums huh.

Flag Post

Dont mention the slenderman.Hes just fucking scaryDont mention th

Flag Post

like previously said by madjedi, slender itself is not scary. the talk about it makes ii seem scary-er than it really is. slender’s popularity and the loud bursts of noise make it scary. not that it alone isn’t scary but its as scary as people like VoodooCoffeeGuy and MrTheSean say it is.

Flag Post

you children have ruined slenderman by making it mainstream

Flag Post

Slender ruined Slenderman.

Moving on to The Rake.

Flag Post

10/10 action filled adventure. the voice acting was superb and the fantastic visuals made me feel like i was really there. out of all the great things this game did, though, id probably have to say they truly revolutionized the horror action adventure genre. this is obviously excluding the fact that this was both the first fps, rpg, and jrpg

Flag Post

Only slightly scary part was in the building when I kept expecting him to pop up.

Flag Post

Not even scary or hard, even if you do a mistake and turn around and look at the Slenderbutt you can easily just look away and live, he doesn’t even move.

Flag Post

Now when you say Slender, do you mean Slenderman or the game? Preferably, I like the individual. It seems that most people know Slenderman only from the game. I played the game and it’s pretty good. But not too scary. Just maybe makes you jump a little bit.

Flag Post

You can tell people are butt hurt when they say there’s already a thread for this. Hey how are people supposed to know that there’s already a thread for this?! It’s not our job to look at everything thread and making sure that something like this doesn’t exist. If you don’t like the thread then why do you reply to it?

Flag Post

well i played this and got 7/8 pages then i went into the building, saw HIM and ran and hid in a room and then he got me x.x

Flag Post

Slender is just misunderstood, he is a very good friend of mine. I like him, he has good jingle bells and such