Forums Off-topic

that feel when there's a good chance stalin is your great grandfather

31 posts

Flag Post

lock block: discuss famous people you’re related to

Flag Post

How did you discover he might be closely related to you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

How did you discover he might be closely related to you?

1: I’m Russian (though stalin was georgian, oh well)
2: His daughter lived (and died) within a reasonable distance from me
3: Dad was adopted (possibly out of shame of stalin?)

Flag Post

I’m American
There must be a good chance that I am related to Theodore Roosevelt

Flag Post
Originally posted by Casper_D:

I’m American
There must be a good chance that I am related to Theodore Roosevelt

You might be.

Flag Post

Technically we are all related to each other since we are all related to Adam and Eve (if you believe that sort of thing).

Flag Post

well i’m estonian.

Flag Post

Not even a “good chance” I might be descendant, I know I am and even kept the family name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cola_di_Rienzo

Flag Post
Originally posted by EndlessSporadic:

Technically we are all related to each other since we are all related to Adam and Eve (if you believe that sort of thing).

Even if you’re not religious, you have to believe that we’re all related to each other. According to geneticists, everyone is at most 50th cousin to everyone else. A research even suggested our most common ancestor might’ve lived in the AD era.

Flag Post

im not related to any famous people, i think. :(

Flag Post

I’m related to gods.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 91238576T42:

I’m related to gods.

I am a god.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FullMeasureZam:
Originally posted by 91238576T42:

I’m related to gods.

I am a god.

But you’re Russian you can’t be one.

Flag Post

i’m all american baby

Flag Post
Originally posted by ritzfitz91:

i’m all american baby

So you’re native American? All other Americans came from all over the globe.

Flag Post

William Bradford actually, if I remember correctly it’s the 14th generation. My grandma is a nut on the subject.

Flag Post

So you’re native American? All other Americans came from all over the globe.

if you’re going to attempt and be all cheeky with it
the native americans themselves are likely not people who originally stayed in america as they were likely people who had migrated across the landbridge that connected alaska to russia before the oceans covered that hullabaloo up

that and regardless i’m still all american, i wont let your communist mindtricks work on me

Flag Post

This video explains it with science.

Flag Post

Gandhi is my grandma dude

Flag Post

He isn’t super famous but I’m related to Billy Barker. He is probably only famous here in British Columbia Canada.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Barker_(prospector)

Flag Post

Even if you’re not religious, you have to believe that we’re all related to each other. According to geneticists, everyone is at most 50th cousin to everyone else. A research even suggested our most common ancestor might’ve lived in the AD era.

Thats exactly what Vsauce says, I watched the video just before this thread was made, how did I know after I watched it I would get a thread like this just like I predicted correctly a lot of other stuff? About 99% of what I predict comes true.

Flag Post
Originally posted by betterplayer:

Thats exactly what Vsauce says, I watched the video just before this thread was made, how did I know after I watched it I would get a thread like this just like I predicted correctly a lot of other stuff? About 99% of what I predict comes true.

To take things even further, we’re all related to Noah, due to everyone else being wiped out in the flood.

Flag Post

I have a beard, so I must be related to Jesus.

Flag Post

There is a pretty good chance that I am related to one of the first individuals of the species Homo Sapiens.

Flag Post

I’m probably related to Albert Einstein because my hair is messy a lot.