Forums Off-topic

It's unhealthy if I drink cups of coffee in a row right?

28 posts

Flag Post

Title.

Flag Post

Nope.

Flag Post

depends on what you mean by unhealthy

if you mean in terms of caffeine;
caffeine isn’t bad for you in moderation, however you can overdose on it which can cause cardiac arrest but you would have to drink far more than a few cups of coffee.

however it’s also not good to develop a caffeine dependency, there are more healthy alternatives to help you wake up or stay awake.

and in terms of coffee itself as a nutritional drink, in most cases no,
coffee itself doesn’t have much nutritional value.

but bad for you? eh, like most things it’s fine in moderation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pooky:

depends on what you mean by unhealthy

if you mean in terms of caffeine;
caffeine isn’t bad for you in moderation, however you can overdose on it which can cause cardiac arrest but you would have to drink far more than a few cups of coffee.

however it’s also not good to develop a caffeine dependency, there are more healthy alternatives to help you wake up or stay awake.

and in terms of coffee itself as a nutritional drink, in most cases no,
coffee itself doesn’t have much nutritional value.

but bad for you? eh, like most things it’s fine in moderation.

I drank like five cups in a row or so and what are these ways?

Flag Post

how big of cups are we talking?
like average mug of coffee or like starbucks grande…
and also what type? just straight coffee, did you add anything?

oh, and ways to stay awake, a common one is to try eating an apple in the morning to wake you up,
apples have a lot of simple natural sugars, which your body can easily process and burn quickly to give you some quick energy in the mornings.
As for staying awake, try eating high carb foods, if you know you have a long night ahead, try eating some oatmeal or noodles in the morning and for lunch, foods such as these take longer for the body to process, and in turn can give you longer lasting energy.

Flag Post

how big of cups are we talking?
like average mug of coffee or like starbucks grande…
and also what type? just straight coffee, did you add anything?

small teacups and I added sugar…

Flag Post

you’re fine then, I would try not to make it a daily habit, but you’re not going to be at risk for cardiac arrest or anything like that.

However if you are at the point where you feel you need those cups to function through out the day, then I would suggest changing your diet as well as your sleep schedule.

Try to avoid high fat foods, and refined sugars(basically try to cut out the junk food).
If you’re not worried about your weight or you work out a lot, I would definitely recommend high carb foods.
but otherwise, Good leafy green vegetables(not iceberg lettuce) vegetables like spinach, and romaine lettuce would be a good alternative.
You can also try eating fish, salmon, tuna, so on.

plus they’ll all be healthier for you.

Next sleep, try to avoid taking naps. keep yourself on a set sleep schedule a solid 8 hours at least, waking up at the same time and falling asleep at the same time, after a couple weeks, you’ll notice it’s easier to wake up in the mornings and stay to awake.

Flag Post

As long as you’re not dead you’re fine.

Flag Post
(not iceberg lettuce)

why not :(

Flag Post

because iceberg lettuce is pretty much useless, it has practically no nutritional value and for the most part takes more energy to digest it, than the energy it gives you. it’s like celery.

Flag Post

wtf don’t talk shit about iceberg lettuce I bet it can kick your ass! ;(

Flag Post
changing your diet

I don’t have a diet though…

Next sleep

But who said I want to sleep?

Flag Post

true, If all I ate was iceberg lettuce I would still die of starvation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Testerz:
changing your diet

I don’t have a diet though…

Next sleep

But who said I want to sleep?

Well then there’s no helping you.
I would suggest to you then epinephrine straight to the heart.

Flag Post

No it’s not.

Flag Post

one serving of Iceberg lettuce, has about 3% of your daily nutrition requirements and that’s being generous.

Flag Post

Man, You could take all our medical stuff, Pooky!

Flag Post

Only if i’m allowed human test subjects.

Flag Post

well, i always drink like 10 cups of tea in a row when im with my grandmother. isnt that like the same as coffee?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

well, i always drink like 10 cups of tea in a row when im with my grandmother. isnt that like the same as coffee?

Coffee contains much more caffeine than certain teas.

Flag Post

Hmm.. it would depend on the type of tea, although most Types do have an amount of caffeine, a traditional type of tea
(earl grey for example) teas where you actually use a tea bag, is going to have less caffeine than the more commercialized
types(lipton, arizona, so on.) those teas will also have a much higher sugar content.

Flag Post

Okay. Ill provide plenty.

Only if i’m allowed human test subjects.

Flag Post

Brilliant! we’ll begin testing immediately.
I’ve always wondered if I could graph light-weight metals and and elastic polymers to human tissue to create super-human monsters.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

Meet iceberg lettuce irl if you’re so much better

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoeySkywalker:
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

Meet iceberg lettuce irl if you’re so much better