Forums Off-topic

Role Playing Survey

13 posts

Flag Post

Role players, please comment your opinion on this anonymous person’s character.

This person’s character can conjure light that resides in his armor and can direct it with his hands in the appropriate direction. This light is hot enough to instantly burn through an opponent and his armor. For the sake of example, this person is claiming his character can burn through two layers of steel armor and the human body in an instant and that he can maintain continual fire for an undefined period of time.

Steel begins to melt at over 2.7k degrees. To imply that the burn away is instantly able to burn through metal on both sides means that the ability’s temperature must be exponentially higher. No safeguards have been made through previous abilities or setups to define that he cannot be harmed by the heat of his own attack, yet the ability is controlled effortlessly without repercussion.

Is this cheating or not? I think his character should be dead by design. Humans can’t really withstand over 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

Flag Post

You can always assume the person’s roleplay character was a supernatural being. If it’s a human, though, it should probably be deep fried by now.

EDIT: Yup, you can be pretty confident the person was vaporized.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:

You can always assume the person’s roleplay character was a supernatural being. If it’s a human, though, it should probably be deep fried by now.

Defined it as an armored human.

In the grand scheme of things, the man who stands by was where he deemed it most profound of a place to be, a labyrinth of a library, he was at home.

Flag Post

I can survive over 212 degrees Fahrenheit because I’m superman.

Flag Post

Generic and overpowered character design. Reminds me of those bad OC’s you’d see on Gaiaonline and stuff like that.

You should find some other people to RP with.

Flag Post

Just to add a little background, this character was used in a “career deletion match” because apparently this guy happens to think that if he beats people in role playing, he gets to dictate whether or not they can ever role play again on some kind of “honor code” thing.

Flag Post

So he decided to give his character a one-hit kill move so he can kick people off of the RP.

Seriously, what an asshat. Get him out of there.

Flag Post

straight up godmod yo, no arguing against it
If it were explained as reasonable magic or a non-human it could be considered a lot less ridiculous but as is it’s blatantly godmod.
Temperatures like that wouldn’t even burn a human being, instead you’d pretty much vaporise near instantly. Just tell him he’s a shitty roleplayer and kick him out.

Flag Post

too long didnt read and roleplay is stupid. i did it when i was like 5 with my cousins. but now its just for lil kids.

Flag Post

Armored human huh? The only way that I could even potentially see that as feasible is if there is some sort of generator to conjure that extreme temperature, but then you would have to deal with a couple of stipulations for that:

1) the generator would have to be part of the suit and not part of the human’s abilities
2) the suit would already have to be made of a material that has a higher melting point than steel, which would naturally be heavier and require additional mechanics/electronics to be able to move around freely.
3) there would need to be some other material that shields the human from the generator, or he’d be vaporized by the temperatures being charged to that degree.

Overall, I think it’s an overpowered design by normal standards. I don’t really know the context of the RP right now, but I’d say in most situations you wouldn’t want him to be able to develop a character in that fashion if he’s not able to provide some sort of logical progression in the making of the ability, along with safeguards, etc.

Flag Post

Well….this is your basic GMing doosher fagbag. I sincerely hate these kids, who make up these rules for these foolish ’tourney’s and then make a char that is godlike with powers to rival. This guy or girl who made this char and….event….is a fool, honestly. For one, there would be a need for explanation on why this guy aint FRIED to the inside of his armor. Just being that close to this inferno light-blaster would melt a human. Lest of course, the human had some sort of Fire resistence DNA strain in his genetic makeup…… But of course….This n00b didn’t really think this far did he? I say we need to clean the RP gene pool of these uncreative GMers……Make for some funner RPs and chat spars, whathaveyou….. Anyway, just my opinion.

Flag Post

*nukes everyone

i win

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator