Forums Off-topic

Chess

27 posts

Flag Post

Discuss the vastness of this game.

Flag Post

It’s vast.

Flag Post

It’s a fairly shitty game considering it gives you the ability to memorize the direct counter to each move, removing the chance of loosing, winning you the game every time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

It’s a fairly shitty game considering it gives you the ability to memorize the direct counter to each move, removing the chance of loosing, winning you the game every time.

Your incompetence is showing again.

Flag Post

memorize the direct counter to each move

But there are ten septillion (43 zeroes) moves in chess, so it’s humanly impossible to memorize each situation. The game is about adaptation, analysis and prediction, but it can’t become plain memorization.

Flag Post

I don’t find it fun at all

Flag Post

I never said it was fun. But it does test yourself.

Flag Post

ye im pretty good at it

Flag Post

I love it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MadJedi:
But there are ten septillion (43 zeroes) moves in chess, so it’s humanly impossible to memorize each situation. The game is about adaptation, analysis and prediction, but it can’t become plain memorization.

Yes, it would be (nearly) impossible for a average person to memorize them all, but if you understand the counter to initial moves and general moves it would be very possible.

Flag Post

I like chinese chess slightly better

Flag Post
Originally posted by KiNGDOMHEARST:

I like chinese chess slightly better

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

Yes, it would be (nearly) impossible for a average person to memorize them all, but if you understand the counter to initial moves and general moves it would be very possible.

There are already hundreds of thousands of possibilities by the 3rd turn!

Flag Post
Originally posted by LukeMann:
There are already hundreds of thousands of possibilities by the 3rd turn!

Yes, but if you take the dicks out of your mouth, you will see that once someone makes one move, instead of there being “hundreds of thousands” it’s reduced down to a simple couple hundred, then on their 2nd turn it is moved down to a simple few.

Flag Post

memorize the direct counter to each move

So you’re saying that we may as well play COD or TF2 instead?

Flag Post

I am awful at chess. I just move my units randomly then die.

Flag Post

Solitaire > Chess

Flag Post

I don’t know how to play it.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Chess is HARD!

Flag Post

It’s a bit random.

Flag Post

Yes, but if you take the dicks out of your mouth, you will see that once someone makes one move, instead of there being “hundreds of thousands” it’s reduced down to a simple couple hundred, then on their 2nd turn it is moved down to a simple few.

Yes, there are only a few good possibilities for each situation by the 3rd turn.

But there are hundreds of thousands of situations all with their own set of a few good moves.

Flag Post

It’s pretty vast yes.
I like it though, mainly because it’s a board game I don’t completely suck at.

Flag Post

It’s about 64 square inches.

Vast!

Flag Post

I love chess! I refer to it as “The battle of the brains”. I use to play competitively for my school. We would go out and vs other schools. I also played solo competition with my school for two years and finished second in zone. Made it to state division but I decided to decline it. Now that I look back it’s an opportunity wasted.