Forums Off-topic

The Words 'Muslim Terrorist' page 2

57 posts

Flag Post

The nuclear bombing of Japan during WWII? Some people say that it was basically a terrorist attack.

u wot?

The bombings or Hiroshima and Nagasaki were to wipe out main Japanese war infrastructure factories. It wasn’t done to inspire terror for political gain.

Flag Post
Originally posted by LukeMann:

The nuclear bombing of Japan during WWII? Some people say that it was basically a terrorist attack.

u wot?

The bombings or Hiroshima and Nagasaki were to wipe out main Japanese war infrastructure factories. It wasn’t done to inspire terror for political gain.

It was done to force the Japanese to surrender.

They did surrender. Why? Because they didn’t want any more mass killing of thier civilian population.
The bombings made them afraid, aka inspired terror.

Flag Post

1) The purpose was not for political gain.
2) The purpose was to destroy war factories, not kill civilians. America even made attempts to warn civilians to evacuate the cities before the bombs were dropped.

Flag Post

1) The purpose was not for political gain.
2) The purpose was to destroy war factories, not kill civilians. America even made attempts to warn civilians to evacuate the cities before the bombs were dropped.

Warn civilians to evacuate?

I don’t think they did that…

Flag Post

Flyers were dropped warning them that they would be bombed

Flag Post

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/truman-leaflets/

Flag Post

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/primary-resources/truman-leaflets/

Interesting. I didn’t know that. But one thing sort of stands out…

“If you still have any doubt, make inquiry as to what happened to Hiroshima when just one atomic bomb fell on that city”

That implies that the warnings came after the first bombing.

Anyway, back to the original thread topic:
Religious extremist terrorists are a disgrace to anyone who believes in God.

Flag Post

Some terrorists think they are muslim, and believe some of the muslim ideals. However, they don’t follow very many of them. It wouldn’t surprise me if the top terrorist leaders (i.e., Osama Bin Laden) aren’t really muslim.

However, this phrase should not be disallowed from newspapers, since it violates the freedom of speech, even if it’s a generally incorrect term. Of course, there could be a terrorist who is muslim, even if he doesn’t kill people. The definition of terrorism is “The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.” Therefore, Richard Nixon and George W. Bush are the biggest terrorists in the world, even though they didn’t kill anyone themselves.

Flag Post

yea i saw on tv once that pkk (kurd terrorists) kept saying to their soldiers that praying was worthless and they also said: ‘if there is a god, y cant we see him? so there is no need for praying to something u cant see’. some guys who escaped from the mountains and went to towns told that to news people etc. that pretty much proves that they arent muslims at all.

Flag Post

Kind of the same with Christianity.

In wars people always act like god in on their side, but by what chance would BREAKING HIS LAW make you Christian?

That’s how non-religious people give religion a bad name. Kings in medieval times kept doing things “in god’s name”, but in reality he just used it to gain power and slay enemies.

Flag Post

>implying gods exist

Flag Post

In the bible, god has told multiple people to kill others.

Flag Post

Domestic Terrorism

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

>implying gods exist

You’re getting brave, Aldir.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aldir:

>implying gods exist

You’re getting brave, Aldir.

I can feel the power of Sagan within me.

Flag Post

Lukemann, this isn’t reddit. Shut the fuck up

Flag Post

Muslim Terrorists are technically ‘real’ Muslims, as they exist and are Muslims. I doubt the praise of the general Muslim community is on their agenda either, they appear more concerned about pissing off people from the west while getting into paradise at the same time.

I’m never entirely sure if Rolby is a troll or genuinely incompetent of making any kind of sense.

Flag Post

He’s 13.

Flag Post

In one thread he said he was 14 or something though :S

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darver:

Muslim Terrorists are technically ‘real’ Muslims, as they exist and are Muslims. I doubt the praise of the general Muslim community is on their agenda either, they appear more concerned about pissing off people from the west while getting into paradise at the same time.

I’m never entirely sure if Rolby is a troll or genuinely incompetent of making any kind of sense.

Well, they succeeded in pissing off the west, but there’s a nice spot waiting for them in Hell.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fma1:

Well, they succeeded in pissing off the west, but there’s a nice spot waiting for them in Hell.

Well I’m sure they’re happy they’ve got somewhere.

Flag Post

Terrorr is a technique used by the weaker side against the stronger side to even the odds.
If applied correctly, it can be a game changer.

Flag Post

and west is always working on pissing off muslims.
You kill a guy’s family in a drone strike and when he retaliates, you call him a terrorrist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

You kill a guy’s family in a drone strike and when he retaliates, you call him a terrorrist.

True ^

Flag Post

>Thinks this happens

The Taliban pays people to attack America, and threatens to kill their family if they don’t do it.

Source: First-hand experience.