Forums Off-topic

Honest president or experienced president?

19 posts

Flag Post

Would you rather have a president that you can trust 100% to be honest and straightforward, or a president with an incredible amount of experience in politics? Whether this president agrees with your political party is out of the question.

 
Flag Post

honesty doesn’t mean shit

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ThatsSoMFT:

honesty doesn’t mean shit

^This

I’d rather have someone that lies but makes the country rich and powerful that a retard who gives away every state secret.

 
Flag Post

Assuming that the honest one wouldn’t get assassinated right away, him.
A dishonest bastard who is “good” in politics or has been in it for a long time will be no different than previous presidents in the USA. All it’d do is further the destruction that will be followed one day when things change.

The honest one is better over all, and there’s no real reason to pick the one you’re basically implying that’s a bastard.
There’s really no reason to pick the other one.

Originally posted by Aldir:
I’d rather have someone that lies but makes the country rich and powerful that a retard who gives away every state secret.

A nation becoming rich and powerful is done in two ways.
Honestly, or by faking it.

The USA for example is Rich and Powerful, but why?
We made bullshit money without backing it up, then securing enough military to rape anything we didn’t like.
Once we had a military, we would just take what we want.

Eventually that fails because everyone begins to hate you, and someone will eventually rebel.
Fake money can turn into real power, however it will always collapse.

 
Flag Post

I would take honesty. If someone says they will do something I would like them to do it

 
Flag Post

An honest president would be terrible.

If the president was honest, he would just come onto live TV and say “We’re all screwed”.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Ruudiluca:

An honest president would be terrible.

If the president was honest, he would just come onto live TV and say “We’re all screwed”.

But we are all screwed. As adults we can handle the truth and work toward fixing it.

/perfect world that exists only in my mind

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by JoeySkywalker:

I would take honesty. If someone says they will do something I would like them to do it

If someone said he would dissolve the united states, would you like him to do it

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ThatsSoMFT:
Originally posted by JoeySkywalker:

I would take honesty. If someone says they will do something I would like them to do it

If someone said he would dissolve the united states, would you like him to do it

Well if he was running for president and that was what he said he would do then no, but I would rather know that ahead of time then have someone lie their way into office and do it anyway.

 
Flag Post

I don’t care if someone agrees with my political agenda or not. If they actually do something good for the country it’s all fine by me.

As long as they don’t censor the internet.

Then we’ll have a problem.

 
Flag Post

lol honest is for losers. best presidents are presidents who do everything to make the country strong.

 
Flag Post

There are no honest politicians.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

Assuming that the honest one wouldn’t get assassinated right away, him.
A dishonest bastard who is “good” in politics or has been in it for a long time will be no different than previous presidents in the USA. All it’d do is further the destruction that will be followed one day when things change.

The honest one is better over all, and there’s no real reason to pick the one you’re basically implying that’s a bastard.
There’s really no reason to pick the other one.

Originally posted by Aldir:
I’d rather have someone that lies but makes the country rich and powerful that a retard who gives away every state secret.

A nation becoming rich and powerful is done in two ways.
Honestly, or by faking it.

The USA for example is Rich and Powerful, but why?
We made bullshit money without backing it up, then securing enough military to rape anything we didn’t like.
Once we had a military, we would just take what we want.

Eventually that fails because everyone begins to hate you, and someone will eventually rebel.
Fake money can turn into real power, however it will always collapse.

Basically I agree with everything he said.

I would write my own opinion properly, but typing is too much effort right now.

 
Flag Post

People experienced in politics should not be politicians. Experience means nothing if you are being deceitful.

This choice is easy. Being trustworthy is hard to rival.

 
Flag Post

why can’t we have both??

 
Flag Post

If he has experience, he could use it in any direction. If he’s honest, I’ll know what his intentions are. Experience doesn’t mean that much. I’d rather have an able, clever, intelligent president than an experienced one.

So I’m going with honest. If by “honest” you also mean with good intentions, then I definitely pick honest. I don’t even care how able he/she is in that case.

 
Flag Post

I’d have an honest president, the people in Congress have been around forever and they don’t accomplish anything.

 
Flag Post

Yes totally

Originally posted by ThatsSoMFT:
Originally posted by JoeySkywalker:

I would take honesty. If someone says they will do something I would like them to do it


If someone said he would dissolve the united states, would you like him to do it

 
Flag Post

crazy president