Forums Off-topic

Why do so many people feel college is a necessity? Seems pointless to me. page 5

130 posts

Flag Post

An hour one-way is a hell of a long time when you’ve got a busy day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hallucent:

and like I said depending on where you are or whats going on on the roads car, bus, walking all sometimes will take about the same time. though buses always seem to take the longest no matter what

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rich112:

and like I said depending on where you are or whats going on on the roads car, bus, walking all sometimes will take about the same time. though buses always seem to take the longest no matter what

How do you know?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 91238576T99:
Originally posted by The_American:

The real problem here is that it takes forever, not because it’s hard to do

it don’t take that long though like 5 miles takes like an hour. you can do that a hell of a lot faster in a car depending on where you are.

Like open country roads 5 miles takes a few minutes around here some times in a car 5 miles will take well over an hour cuz all the traffic and to take a bus even on days there isn’t a lot of traffic still take them longer than an hour to go about that far.

10 miles all at once is a hell of a long walk but 5 or 6 isn’t bad

How do you know?

I fucking walk every day to either school or work and back and to any other place I need to go.

6 miles to school 6 miles back. 4 miles to work and 4 miles back. The closet store is 3.5 miles away from my house and I walk there all the time

Flag Post

I fucking walk every day to either school or work and back and to any other place I need to go

So? I walk too, we all can walk dude.

Flag Post

I fucking walk every day to either school or work and back and to any other place I need to go

I think he was bitching about having to walk 6 miles there, 6 back, 4 to work, 4 back.

I’m currently making $15 an hour at a yogurt factory with no college time at all. But once I’m done with college in a few years (I start in August) I’ll be makin’ bank!

Flag Post
Originally posted by rwbstripes:

I think he was bitching about having to walk 6 miles there, 6 back, 4 to work, 4 back.

I’m currently making $15 an hour at a yogurt factory with no college time at all. But once I’m done with college in a few years (I start in August) I’ll be makin’ bank!

no I"m not bitch about the fact that I walk that its my choice to walk it

Flag Post

So you’re boasting about walking that much? Try running some of it, huh?

Flag Post

I run a lot as well I don’t run as much as I walk but that mostly for the fact that every thing is coated in ice right now and i"m not trying to kill myself on the hill around here.

and I wasn’t “boasting” about the fact that I walk more the fact that people act like walking is such a horrible thing to do like I said before 5 miles in nothing to walk. back when I was totally out of shape and fat as hell I could still walk 5 miles with out a problem.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 91238576T100:

I run a lot as well I don’t run as much as I walk but that mostly for the fact that every thing is coated in ice right now and i"m not trying to kill myself on the hill around here.

and I wasn’t “boasting” about the fact that I walk more the fact that people act like walking is such a horrible thing to do like I said before 5 miles in nothing to walk. back when I was totally out of shape and fat as hell I could still walk 5 miles with out a problem.

But you’re still fat and out of shape?

I’d like to be less fat than I am but at one point I was over 350lbs I am now below 240 lbs. so yes I am still a bit fat but it’s abig approvementthan what I was a year and half ago

Flag Post

I’d like to be less fat than I am but at one point I was over 350lbs I am now below 240 lbs. so yes I am still a bit fat but it’s abig approvementthan what I was a year and half ago

O_____________________________________________________O

Your sex life is now fake

Flag Post

Where do you live? Around here $15 per hour is a pretty decent wage.

Flag Post

A college degree is the difference between the job I’m studying for, a tax preparer, and the job I have… As a liberty tax mascot making 9 dollars an hour in horrible weather conditions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

O_____________________________________________________O

Your sex life is now fake

why??

Flag Post

Because you sound obese

Flag Post

It is completely relevant.
I was making $14 an hour, almost double what minimum wage is, and I wouldn’t call that “living comfortably”. Between bills, food, and gas, I had almost nothing left over. Only once in a while when I got a bonus would I be able to splurge a little bit.

It’s not the food that will get you, it’s the living expenses. Rent/mortgage, electricity, water, gas, and internet/cable/phone.

I live on ~20,000 a year. And I could cut back considerably if needed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoeySkywalker:

Where do you live? Around here $15 per hour is a pretty decent wage.

Upstate NY, working in Chboani Greek Yogurt factory.

Originally posted by SpearDudezor:

Because you sound obese

He is obese.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaneB:

A college degree is the difference between the job I’m studying for, a tax preparer, and the job I have… As a liberty tax mascot making 9 dollars an hour in horrible weather conditions.

You get paid that much? No way I though you people made more then minimum wage.

Flag Post

it don’t take that long though like 5 miles takes like an hour.

That’s an average of 12 minutes per mile.

That means your first mile is going to be 8-10 minutes. Walking.

Lol no.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JoeySkywalker:
Originally posted by JaneB:

You get paid that much? No way I though you people made more then minimum wage.

9 dollars is more than minimum wage.

Flag Post

9 dollars is more than minimum wage.

Almost, depends on the state my friend

And I like how the Bible Belt would rather have you work for scraps and peanuts, sheesh

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Minimum wage in Indiana is 7.25. I am also paid cash… Which would REALLY be about $12-13 an hour with taxes as a factor. But I am the exception. Screw your country and your federal prison.

Flag Post

Why are there even studies, we could all be just miners or factory workers.