Forums Off-topic

Formatting Guide (Abridged)

32 posts

Flag Post

I encourage you all to read the original one as well: http://kongregate.com/forums/2/topics/1389

Here is part 2:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2/topics/5080

How do I use italics on kongregate?

This is simple all you have to do is add underscores around the text you want in bold
like so

HEY THIS IS IN ITALICS!!!

The result will be: HEY THIS IS IN ITALICS!!!

How do i use Bold-face font on kongregate?

This is also extremely simple all you have to do is add asterisk around the text you want in italics like so

HEY THIS TEXT IS BOLD!!!

The result will be:HEY THIS TEXT IS BOLD!!!

ULTRA-MEGA-SUPER-D-DUPER-OVERLOADED-GINORMOUS-WARNING! DO NOT USE TO MUCH BOLD-FACE. IT CAN BE VERY IRRITATING TO READ BOLD WHEN EVERYTHING IS BOLD TRY READING THIS TWICE AND YOU’LL SEE WHAT I MEAN!

Ok thats all fun and games, but HOW DO I QUOTE STUFF IN GREEEEENNNNNNAAAA!!!! ><

Simple just place “bq.” plus a space after the period in "bq. " and add your text!

bq. HEY THIS TEXT IS QUOTED 1337N322!!!

The result will be:

HEY THIS TEXT IS QUOTED 1337N322!!!

How do I hyper link and why do you insist on making me read your guide before I see just how to do it?!

Ok…ok as usual Hyper linking is simple….

Simply put the text you want turned into link in quote marks like so “This will be a link” add a colon " : " then the URL of the site you want linked, " http://Slavehack.com " like so…

This will be a link

NOSPACES NOSPACES NOSPACES

The result will be:

This will be a link

See? fácil!

How do I make list on kongregate?

To get a numbered list you must add a " # " before the text you want listed there can be no space between the " # " and the far left side of the screen in order for the forum t render the code properly. like so…

*When you are football player you must have 5 things:*

# Shoulder Pads
# Knee Pads
# Helmet
# Football Cleet's
# and Muscle's...

and to get a un-numbered list use and asterisk instead of the number sign. The same rules apply….

*When you are football player you must have 5 things:*

* Shoulder Pads
* Knee Pads
* Helmet
* Football Cleet's
* and Muscle's...

remember there needs to be a space between the " * ", " # " and the text to have it rendered correctly, but not between the far left side of the page and the " * ", " # ".

Flag Post

Oh and arcanecode just for the record

Well that’s it for chapter one in chapter two i will cover the really neat stuff, like those section breaks I made, smilies, and netiquette. I will make a one-time-glance list for you to view quickly as well, but for now read this entire thing :P

-Phatcat

Flag Post

Chapter 2 will be done in the exact same way as the original chapter one

It will also be abridged like the original chapter one

I will also be making a FAQ version because there are some finicky things that people will run int that I can over come, but I can’t remember them ll well enough to put them in a guide with out the questions being asked.

Oh and I’m still looking for translators….

http://kongregate.com/forums/2/topics/1129 for this guide especially

Flag Post

Reserved

Flag Post

Lines, and large text. That’s what you really need to do.

Flag Post

Thanks for the guide phatcat!

Flag Post

Formatting guide part 2

Covers all the style stuff like big text, lines, images, alternate text, other stuff

Flag Post

You spelled Formatting wrong here too. >_>

Flag Post

Are we allowed to use all the formatting at once?

bq. And why can’t we just type all of our messages in green?

I mean, green is awesome, for many reasons.

1. Radioactive stuff in cartoons is green.
  2. Mint is green.
  3. Green is all alien and futuristic.
  4. Emeralds are green.
  5. Green stuff is green.

Flag Post

Can this be made a sticky? OR can someone make antoher one for the Sticky?

Flag Post

It’s good to have a guide for this, but I would prefer it to be just a little more concise, and to have both parts in the same topic.

EDIT: sorry, the abridged guide is for that. I didn’t know what abridged meant, that’s why.

Flag Post

also you don’t need the letters on the keyboard you can type anything on the numpad with alt and num lock

Flag Post

My profile

Did it work?

Edit: It worked! Thats the only one I was stuck on.

Flag Post

yays i knows how to make green :)

EDIT: It works :D

Flag Post

AW YEAH, SLAVE HACK
but I maxed out my hardware and then got DDoS’d repeatedly
:(

Flag Post

green??

did it work?

EDIT yes

Flag Post

i am green typer xD green is good :D me like green :P

Flag Post

This topic

Testing.

Flag Post

Is it ever going to be put into HTML?

Flag Post

hi

Yay I did it!

Flag Post

So thats how I hyperlink

Flag Post

Originally posted by me i want to quote while doing italic

Flag Post

Originally posted by HybridMind:

Help with Kong Statistics API:

Hey everyone.. I’ve been scouring google, kongregate and mochiads forums and I have not yet found a proper solution to my issue. I have not been able to get my game working with the Kong Stats API yet. The light stays red and the debug window just says “info: listening for connection…” My game TurnStyle is an AS2 game that is wrapped in a MochiaAds AS3 encrypted preloader… or at least that is how their Ads API described it. I am really new to Flash and ActionScript 2 so I’m sure this is something easy.

I have read all the kong forum threads on the AS2 integration of both High Scores and Stats. I have a feeling that it could be something to do with the MochiAds preloader though. In the mochi integration they mention that you can’t use (root) references anywhere because of the AS3 wrapper. I then read that using “root” is a bad practice so I removed all traces according to some best practices guides I found.

Have any of you devs used the MochiAds preloader around your games and gotten the stats API to work yet?

I have tried using _root.kongregateServices.connect() .. I’ve tried not using it. I’ve tried setting vars that will climb “up” a parent tree incase that was what was going on once it was “wrapped” by kongs SWF. I’ve tried putting the Kong connect code in my “Actions” panel for a dedicated action script layer on the timeline (frame 1) where all the other mochiad stuff is (whis is working fine.)

I’d love any help, thanks!

Flag Post

im not sure how to make a list can someone help me?

1. i dont know what do do…
  2. I’m stupid
  3. I’m a noob at forums

Flag Post

Nice bump.