Forums Off-topic

What if World War II never happened?

28 posts

Flag Post

I had a strange dream this morning right before I woke up where I was in the military. It wasn’t in the United States, but rather an imaginary country somewhere within the geographical borders of the United States. In a brief moment of lucid dreaming, I asked someone in my dream why this country existed, and not the US. He told me that there were actually 13 smaller countries with completely different names. When I asked him why, he responded “No Nazis!”, implying that Hitler never rose to power and there never was a second world war. Why this drastically changed the political landscape of North America, I don’t know; it was a stupid dream and those things rarely make sense anyways. But, it did leave me with an interesting question.

What would the US, and the rest of the world for that matter, be like if World War II never happened? How would life be different for the average person, or how would we look to other countries? Would we still have the same level of technology we have now? How about economy? Would we even still be a superpower?

I’ve thought about things like a smaller population without a post-war baby boom, a much smaller economy due to a lack of military prodution/build up, maybe even a delay of women’s rights since there wouldn’t have been a reason for them to start taking up the kinds of jobs and responsibilities needed to support fighting troops.

There’s got to be an unimaginable amount of differences between a post-WWII America and an America that had a very peaceful 30s and 40s. I’m sure people much smarter than myself and with a more educated understanding of things like economics, politics, anthropy, military, technology, music, art, literature, activism, etc…. could come up with more nuanced ideas.

What do you think?

Flag Post

Then the US would never become the world power it is today.

Flag Post

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/9

Flag Post

Red Alert

Flag Post

The US would not be as rich or economically powerful as it is today, but it would still be one of the top countries, as it gained alot of money post-war. Germany would be a ‘developing’ country, as well as most of Europe, because the economy was horrible pre-war. Japan and China would likely be the world’s most powerful countries as their economies were on the rise pre-war. There would be no such thing as the Cold War, or nuclear bombs, America may have never landed on the moon, nor any other country, and space/NASA may be a distant technology, not a progressing one.

There’s my 2 cents

Flag Post

Martians would rule the planet.

Flag Post

The US still would have become a superpower. The reason for it rising in power was because it fought communism and promoted democracy in the cold war.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UzumakiNaruto:

The US still would have become a superpower. The reason for it rising in power was because it fought communism and promoted democracy in the cold war.

Who is to say the Cold War would have even happened?

Flag Post

Well, if WWII didn’t happen, then there would be many Jews that would still have their homes and lives.

Flag Post

We’d use Prozium

Flag Post

Without WWII, the world would be better.
Although, Hiroshima nukes ftw.

Flag Post

Haven’t you seen the movie Sliding Doors? Well, I haven’t but my friend told me about it briefly.

Anyways, what I’m trying to say here is that if it didn’t happen then, it would soon happen later on because you can’t escape destiny.

Flag Post

I’d be happy.

Flag Post

my grandad was in the war he came bak alive then he said his brother died he got killed by a sniper ohh yer he also shot a pansersheck he killed about 20 germans

Flag Post

JEWS EVERYWHERE.

Flag Post

No one would ever hear about Hitler, and Jews would be much more powerfull.

Flag Post
Originally posted by aplethoraofdicks:

JEWS EVERYWHERE.

Was that mean’t to be rascist or was i the only one offended?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sobersnowman:

I had a strange dream this morning right before I woke up where I was in the military. It wasn’t in the United States, but rather an imaginary country somewhere within the geographical borders of the United States. In a brief moment of lucid dreaming, I asked someone in my dream why this country existed, and not the US. He told me that there were actually 13 smaller countries with completely different names. When I asked him why, he responded “No Nazis!”, implying that Hitler never rose to power and there never was a second world war. Why this drastically changed the political landscape of North America, I don’t know; it was a stupid dream and those things rarely make sense anyways. But, it did leave me with an interesting question.

What would the US, and the rest of the world for that matter, be like if World War II never happened? How would life be different for the average person, or how would we look to other countries? Would we still have the same level of technology we have now? How about economy? Would we even still be a superpower?

I’ve thought about things like a smaller population without a post-war baby boom, a much smaller economy due to a lack of military prodution/build up, maybe even a delay of women’s rights since there wouldn’t have been a reason for them to start taking up the kinds of jobs and responsibilities needed to support fighting troops.

There’s got to be an unimaginable amount of differences between a post-WWII America and an America that had a very peaceful 30s and 40s. I’m sure people much smarter than myself and with a more educated understanding of things like economics, politics, anthropy, military, technology, music, art, literature, activism, etc…. could come up with more nuanced ideas.

What do you think?

if we didn’t use a faulty shell during ww1 we wouldn’t have had a ww2

because we nearly killed him in ww1 when he was a autrian soilder

yes hitler was austrian

Flag Post

Red Alert

This. Stalin would have a free pass into Europe.

Flag Post

Please respond here.

Flag Post

I would never be born as my great-grandad went over to Germany to fight, met and married my great-granma. Therefore if there was no WW2, I would not be here!

Flag Post
Originally posted by HarebrainSchemer:

Red Alert

Red Alert 2, Red Alert 2: Yuri’s Revenge, Red Alert 3. Lolz

Flag Post

We would have the technology to go back in time and MAKE it happen (yes, same topic, but let’s keep this one not as serious)

Flag Post

More jews.

Flag Post

You would stop faking dreams