Forums Off-topic

The Departing Thread

2248 posts

Flag Post

Mod note: From this point on, this thread is for ANNOUNCEMENTS only, not discussions. If you have anything to say about a person leaving, please use profile messages .

Opposite to Aussieborn’s Introductory thread, this thread will be the place to announce that you will be leaving Kongregate. Rather than everybody make a thread when they leave, this thread will be the central thread to announce it. Only post here if you will be leaving the site for more than two weeks, Anything less than that is not really a big deal, and isn’t worth announcing. Please also tell us when you’ll be returning (If you know when) so that we can wait eagerly for you to arrive. Your name as well as when you will return will be added to the list below.

List Key:
∞ = Not Returning
? = Unknown

Members Who’ve Left:

Username/Return Date

mudkip201 / ∞
TeeMaguire8 / ∞
EndlessRampage / ∞
Lordtatertots / ∞
valkyrie / ∞
Nezzadar / ∞
AxelKross / ∞
ILikePudding / ∞
BritishRebellion / ∞
Pobelt / ∞
add magic6666 / ∞
SomeOneCanKill / ?
Razzi3l / ?
Trekhe / December 22nd, 2012

Gevock / ?

Flag Post

I am leaving for a few months, don’t know If I will ever come back.

Flag Post

It’s going to be tough for this thread to stay active, since there don’t seem to be that many users that will be leaving, or at least not enough frequent departures to keep this thread within the first couple of pages. Of course I could be wrong.

I don’t want this to turn into something where you post this every time somebody makes a thread that their leaving.

Love the idea, anyway. Thanks for the thread.

Flag Post

Irony?

Lol, yeah. Most forums I’ve been on have a combo introduction/depature thread, though, which was where I got that idea. If the thread becomes a serious endeavor, and people actually use it, then yeah, I’ll sticky it.

Which presents an interesting problem. People will likely only use it if I sticky it, but I’m not exactly enthusiastic about sticking it unless it’s getting used. Catch-22 FTL.

Flag Post

Which presents an interesting problem. People will likely only use it if I sticky it, but I’m not exactly enthusiastic about sticking it unless it’s getting used. Catch-22 FTL.

The answer is actually quite simple. When it reaches the second page, make up something to post about, and bump the thread.

I mean, that’s what I do with most of my threads. ;)

But yeah, I really don’t think this thread has the need to be stickied quite just yet. Maybe you should give it some time and see how things roll out, I’m sure this thread we be active for long enough to have a couple of departures.

Flag Post

Most forums I’ve been on have a combo introduction/depature thread,

Most forums I’ve posted at discouraged introduction and departure posts when realized that no one actually read them. The best way to get to posting is lurk for a month then start posting.

Flag Post

Updated with 3 people who have left for good. One posted a thread, and the other 2 privately
told me through a whisper.

Flag Post

I’m leaving, bye.

ok, i’m back.

where’s the others like Yishan and valkyrie?

you remind me of yishan hokage XD.

Flag Post
Originally posted by asam3:

I’m leaving, bye.

ok, i’m back.

where’s the others like Yishan and valkyrie?

you remind me of yishan hokage XD.

Dear lord, no. xD

I hated Yishan with a burning passion. :o

I’ll also add those two to the list.

EDIT: Isn’t Yishan returning? And if so, when?

Flag Post

Yishan should be returning soon, I cant give a spicific date, but he had big tests and he didnt want to get distracted.

Flag Post

Valkyrie is traveling as an alt. She got bored with her job.

Flag Post

I’m sure Valkyrie will be returning one day, so I’d put a ??? there if I were you. I doubt this will be successful unless stickied, because people won’t notice it, they’ll just make new threads and you won’t be getting anything on here and unecessary topics will continue being made and you’ll go insane and kill everyone.

Flag Post
Originally posted by mariosuperlative:

I’m sure Valkyrie will be returning one day, so I’d put a ??? there if I were you. I doubt this will be successful unless stickied, because people won’t notice it, they’ll just make new threads and you won’t be getting anything on here and unecessary topics will continue being made and you’ll go insane and kill everyone.

it already has happened
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2/topics/44070?page=2

Flag Post

Valkyrie left for good? Wow I thought it was a short term thing. I actually got some leeway, so I will take a break on June 7th

Flag Post

they’ll just make new threads and you won’t be getting anything on here and unecessary topics will continue being made and you’ll go insane and kill everyone.

By mutual agreement of the forum mods, I have covered this thread in etape

Flag Post

I’m leaving. I will check back every now and then, but for the most part I won’t be here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lordtatertots:

I’m leaving. I will check back every now and then, but for the most part I won’t be here.

So, you’re leaving for good?

I’ll add you to the list…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lordtatertots:

Noooooooooooooo I love your avatar
Were do you get it?

Flag Post

I’ll be leaving for about a month, though I may check in and make a quick post every now and then. Other than that I won’t really be on except for some light gaming. I’ll leave June 1st and will return near the final days of June.

Flag Post

Although i havn’t left i’m a bit shakey to be honest i’m not finding o-f as good as it used to be.

Flag Post

I’ve got exams next week, so I probably should have left a while ago for a bit. I’m starting to understand why people request permas…

Flag Post
Originally posted by SithDoughnut:

I’ve got exams next week, so I probably should have left a while ago for a bit. I’m starting to understand why people request permas…

I’ve definitely seen many cases of people banned for a certain period of time simply for exams. Funnily enough, I’ve also seen quite a few for just doing homework, or getting some sleep. I would probably ban myself now and then, if I could.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marh:
Originally posted by SithDoughnut:

I’ve definitely seen many cases of people banned for a certain period of time simply for exams. Funnily enough, I’ve also seen quite a few for just doing homework, or getting some sleep. I would probably ban myself now and then, if I could.

Well I’ve now decided, I’m going to come on a lot less frequently for a few weeks. I’m going to at least try to get more work done. No need for a ban though; I’d probably just make an alt if I got one.

Flag Post

Based on what you both said, I assume you’ll be back in June.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hokage4354:

Based on what you both said, I assume you’ll be back in June.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

You might want to mark him down as “less frequent” rather than gone, as SithDougnut specified in his post. It’s your choice, obviously.

Also, add in python64. He’s told me and a couple of others he is leaving for a while due to computer trouble.